NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Eenuh

Indoor security camera tips

So as we are going on holiday soon, I am looking for an indoor camera I can set up so that I can keep an eye on the cats (and spot any unwanted intruders/keep an eye on the catsitter).

I really like the look of the Nest camera (as we also have the thermostat and the fire alarm), but this one seems quite useless if you don't pay the £8/month subscription! A shame as it looks quite good, but I'm not sure I want to spend that amount of money just to check the footage. :/

So I was wondering if there were any other good security cameras out there, preferably ones that don't require you to subscribe (so maybe save to SD card for example)? I was looking at the EZVIZ C6T Mini 360 Plus, but the reviews on Amazon kind of put me off, saying it is difficult/impossible to connect to WiFi. Some people suggested the Xiaomi Dafang as a cheap one, but as it would have to come from China it wouldn't arrive in time (plus I'd have to connect to a Chinese server).

Do any people here have any experience with a good indoor camera? Thanks!

10 hours ago, Eenuh said:

Some people suggested the Xiaomi Dafang as a cheap one, but as it would have to come from China it wouldn't arrive in time (plus I'd have to connect to a Chinese server).

I have a Xiaomi Yi Sport Camera that has been to Vegas, Thailand and Malaysia with me, the quality is acceptable and it has been treated roughly. The main issues I have had is the wifi connectivity to the App, which can be slow and spotty, plus the App is in chinglish and I'm never sure if I have it set right to record audio AND video.

Sign in to follow this