NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Little Dragons Café (Summer 2018) - from the creator of Harvest Moon

LittleDragonCafe2_2D00_2_2D00_22_2D00_18

Publisher Aksys Games has announced a new title from the creator of Harvest Moon, Yasuhiro Wada. The game is called Little Dragons Café.

The story follows a twin brother and sister who run a café. One day, their mother falls into a deep sleep, and the only way to wake her up is to raise a dragon. While managing three other employees, players have to learn to run the business and breed their scaled companion. As the story progresses, players can expand their café by learning new recipes, exploring the terrain for ingredients, growing and catching food, and helping their neighbors.

LittleDragonCafe_2D00_2_2D00_22_2D00_18_

Akibo Shieh, founder and CEO of Aksys Games and a good friend of Wada's, says the game has been in development for two years, though the two have talked about teaming up for a new title for five years.

Little Dragons Café is slated for a late summer 2018 release on Switch (and PS4).

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First gameplay trailer.

First impressions courtesy of Easy Allies’ Daniel Bloodworth; the game was at GDC last week.

15 minutes of gameplay footage courtesy of Nintendo World Report.

This game looks and conceptually sounds very whimsical and charming, so I really look forward to learning more about it in the coming months.

Edited by Julius Caesar

"In order to save their mother, two twins must raise a dragon and run their family's cafe"

This sounds like three separate games that got mixed up.

Edited by bob
  • Haha 1

Looks much better than the new Harvest Moon game. But from what I've heard it wasn't that hard to do.

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2018 at 1:53 AM, markderoos said:

It reminds me somewhat of Little King’s Story. What do you think, @Fused King ?

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. A bit of a mix between Little King's Story and Windwaker.

By god I wonder if we could ever see a spiritual successor to Little King's Story. Best game EVA!!!!!

2 hours ago, Fused King said:

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. A bit of a mix between Little King's Story and Windwaker.

By god I wonder if we could ever see a spiritual successor to Little King's Story. Best game EVA!!!!!

I’d settle for an HD remake for Switch but a full blown sequel (not like that shitty one) would be marvelous (pun intended).

Sign in to follow this