NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Burnout Paradise Remastered - March 16th 2018

I’ve heard some great things about this series, so it’s nice to see a remaster releasing (and so soon from announcement, too).

• Thanks 2

Burnout Paradise, remastered, with all dlc and presumably the original soundtrack... all for £30?

*pre-orders*

See you all online. :cool: (PS4 version)

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Don’t think it said in the trailer, what platforms is this coming to?

PS4, XBO, and on PC later on (via EA Origin). 

• Thanks 1

Yeah I’m down with this. Never got to play it while the servers were up. 

• Thanks 1

One of the very few open world games I really genuinely like.  Will cop this one on PC.

16 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

I’ve heard some great things about this series, so it’s nice to see a remaster releasing (and so soon from announcement, too).

Have you ever played any of the Burnout games? I got into it a bit from Burnout 3, then Revenge, then this. Didn't rate this quite as highly though it was something new and still quite enjoyable. I'll probably jump in at a lower price later in the year though.

14 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Have you ever played any of the Burnout games? I got into it a bit from Burnout 3, then Revenge, then this. Didn't rate this quite as highly though it was something new and still quite enjoyable. I'll probably jump in at a lower price later in the year though.

I LOVED Revenge. I played the hell out of that on my 360. I never did get into Paradise much. I think it was due to the open world nature of the game.

• Like 1

Revenge was the shit. It was also the first console game I've played online, ever!

I think mine was probably Phantasy Star Online.

I enjoyed Burnout Paradise when it first came out but I tried going back to the PC version a few years ago and just found it wasn't clicking with me. I may get this if I see it on sale but definitely not straight away.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I think mine was probably Phantasy Star Online.

Mine would have been either Chu Chu Rocket or Toy Racer. I can't remember which one got released first.

• Like 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Mine would have been either Chu Chu Rocket or Toy Racer. I can't remember which one got released first.

Oh yeah Chu Chu Rocket could have been mine actually.

Chu Chu Rocket? On the Dreamcast? Didn't even know the console had an online service.

Just now, drahkon said:

Chu Chu Rocket? On the Dreamcast? Didn't even know the console had an online service.

Yup. The console was very ahead of its time. Phantasy Star Online was like crack for most of us. :D 

• Thanks 2

Yeah, I really liked the Dreamcast and I'm sure I've read it's online service was an influence on Xbox Live. Such a shame Sega's console run had to end the way it did.

I still laugh though when Jeff Gerstmann tells the story about how Sega broke the news. There had been rumblings for weeks so they got a load of journalists on a conference call to announce it but Jeff was ill so he was basically in the bathroom with it on speaker phone and they call out his name to ask questions.

• Thanks 1

Aww man, wish I had a Dreamcast back then, but I could only afford a PS2 :D

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Phantasy Star Online was like crack for most of us. :D 

What kind of game is Phantasy Star Online exactly? The name gets thrown around a lot but I've never actually played it and am too lazy to look it up :p

14 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah, I really liked the Dreamcast and I'm sure I've read it's online service was an influence on Xbox Live. Such a shame Sega's console run had to end the way it did.

I still laugh though when Jeff Gerstmann tells the story about how Sega broke the news. There had been rumblings for weeks so they got a load of journalists on a conference call to announce it but Jeff was ill so he was basically in the bathroom with it on speaker phone and they call out his name to ask questions.

I'll never forget how I found out. I was reading Digitiser on channel 4 ( as I did back then ) and they said Sega were bowing out of the business. Sad times. :( 

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Aww man, wish I had a Dreamcast back then, but I could only afford a PS2 :D

What kind of game is Phantasy Star Online exactly? The name gets thrown around a lot but I've never actually played it and am too lazy to look it up :p

Online multiplayer, loot driven RPG. I, and many others, had played nothing like it before. It was amazing and it breaks my heart that we never got the sequel over here.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I LOVED Revenge. I played the hell out of that on my 360. I never did get into Paradise much. I think it was due to the open world nature of the game.

I enjoyed Revenge, and Paradise but less so by each iteration. I really really missed the chatoic fun of traffic check from 3 in subsequent games, and whilst Revenge had the excellent iirc chaos/crash mode(later free form in paradise) I felt the games loved a bit more towards a Need for Speed sort of feel. Burnout for me is only minimally about racing - the really cherries it offers is it's ridiculous OTTness instead. Great twist on an old genre. As a result I won't get this til it's 30-20 or less, just cos whilst I definitely will enjoy it and get playtime I'm not sure it's retail level for me. Ofc, that may very well change depending on the online chuckles of folks here given the install base we have of folks on ps4.

12 hours ago, Rummy said:

Nope, never played any of them, but I've heard quite a lot about them and their soundtracks. 

I've got a very long back log of "greats" to plough my way through, ranging from some lengthy JRPGs about Japanese schoolkids to short immersive first-person experiences about a family curse. This definitely seems like the sort of game that I'll just be able to pick up when I'm not in the mood for starting up a new game or chipping away at some monstrous level grind or open world adventure, and most importantly, just have some fun with.

Added to my "Just For Fun" list :p 

Edited by Julius Caesar

As a huge fan of Burnout:

Burnout 1 was simplistic, but a lot of fun. One thing I did like was having a bus. 

Burnout 2 ramped up the speed and content, and had an amazing crash mode.

Burnout 3 had great racing, crash mode was a step down IMO

Burnout Revenge was utterly boring

Burnout Paradise was just an immense amount of fun to just drive around. The singleplayer isn't great, but the online is astounding (and the races are better online, with options for checkpoints). The map is a great size in that it's not difficult to learn.

Oh, and to get in the mood.

Sign in to follow this