NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Burnout Paradise Remastered - March 16th 2018

9 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Nope, never played any of them, but I've heard quite a lot about them and their soundtracks. 

I've got a very long back log of "greats" to plough my way through, ranging from some lengthy JRPGs about Japanese schoolkids to short immersive first-person experiences about a family curse. This definitely seems like the sort of game that I'll just be able to pick up when I'm not in the mood for starting up a new game or chipping away at some monstrous level grind or open world adventure, and most importantly, just have some fun with.

Added to my "Just For Fun" list :p 

Haha, ive given up even pretending I have a 'back log' now because I know I simply just will not get to it. I do think you'll probably enjoy this though - even if I critiques the games individually for my taste, I can't deny they certainly fit very nicely into a 'for fun' category. There's an enjoyable mindlessness to Burnout similar to what some other games offer - the sort of thing you can kinda just play but not get too bothered about or hung up on, or at least that's how I feel about it. Were this B3 or Revenge I'd maybe be on it for 30, but as it is Paradise was good but not the best. I honestly do think I'm on the fence with it though - if there's enough ps4 players here on on the regular it's gonna be a big temptation for me(not until April though).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, drahkon said:

Aww man, wish I had a Dreamcast back then, but I could only afford a PS2 :D

What kind of game is Phantasy Star Online exactly? The name gets thrown around a lot but I've never actually played it and am too lazy to look it up :p

It was the tits, and it didn't really matter the Dreamcast only had a 56k modem since it was co-op. There was the added enjoyment of if the game crashed your character could become corrupted and you'd lose the hundreds of hours that you put in. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, James said:

It was the tits, and it didn't really matter the Dreamcast only had a 56k modem since it was co-op. 

I'd pay good money to be able to play the game on one of todays consoles. I sometimes break out my Gamecube version and have a quick blast of it. The memories of local co-op all night sessions with my mates always come rushing back. It used to be hilarious when taking down an enemy as you could see each of us getting closer and closer to it in the hopes that it would drop a little red box and you would be close enough to nab it before anyone else. :D 

• Thanks 1

Every few years I load up the PC version as I think there are still servers up for it. It's still fun but feels a lot slower than I remember it being back in the day lol.

I played it on PC recently. Servers are up, but the few times I saw people online, there were fewer than six in total.

We're getting closer and closer to the release.

On 20.2.2018 at 6:19 PM, drahkon said:

Not sure if I'll get it day one

lel1.gif

Sign in to follow this