NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

According to multiple sources familiar with the project, Activision is currently working on a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster, which will be announced in March 2018 and released in Q3 2018.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games' password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the DragonRipto's Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games.

The Spyro remaster will be announced for PS4, with PS4 Pro support, sometime in March 2018, and will be releasing in Q3 2018. One source suggested that September would be the launch month, which would be in line with Spyro the Dragon's 20th anniversary.

Fantastic news, if true. I loved the early Spyro games.

I’ll definitely jump on that shit. Those games were actually quite fun. I played a good portion of the original some years ago. 8-9 years I think? Still very playable of a platformer. 

41 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Still waiting for the Croc remaster...

Yes please.

Regarding Spyro Remaster: Yes please.

Edit: 20 years ago? Fucking hell..I've played the first game back then in 1998 Well...thank God I don't feel as old as I am :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

Fantastic news :D It' my favorite platformer of all time.

But yeah, can't believe it's been 20 years. Played each of the three games as a kid on Christmas Eve.

DZ_5DvWVwAAvocW.jpg

Apparently the release date is September 21st.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This looks awesome. 

September’s filling up very quickly.

Edited by Julius Caesar

That looks fantastic, really polished and love that they've kept the look of the original Spyro. Was worried that they'd change it to the more recent look but thankfully not.

So hyped for this. I just hope that it plays well as I worry that it won't hold up gameplay wise but in hopeful it will. The nostalgia that seeing those screenshots brews for the original games has me excited tho. Can't wait to get payback on ol' Moneybags again :D

Whelp! Looks like we've got a Nintendo Direct incoming shortly then! :D 

• Haha 2

Looks fantastic.

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah looks great. Something about that host though rubs me the wrong way. 

52 minutes ago, drahkon said:

P-Switch 4? :p

I thought it was just the Switch that had mandatory downloads for certain physical game compilations?

Now they're doing it on the PS4 as well? Seemingly for the fun of it too... unless all the games really wouldn't fit on the disc. :blank:

On 8/2/2018 at 10:24 PM, S.C.G said:

P-Switch 4? :p

I thought it was just the Switch that had mandatory downloads for certain physical game compilations?

Now they're doing it on the PS4 as well? Seemingly for the fun of it too... unless all the games really wouldn't fit on the disc. :blank:

I've seen all sorts of reasons for it. You could argue that each of the original Spyro games would take up more room on a disk given then are Mario 64 style platformers as opposed to Crash's more linear levels which presumably would take up less space. But at the same time I hear that Activision has been really strict with the deadline in order to ensure that the game can launch in the same month as the 20th anniversary of the Spyro franchise and that Toys for Bob ran out of time to fix glitches that prevent you from accessing the second and third games, so that this is a post release patch.

Then again, this is Activision we are talking about, a company that is almost EA levels of trying to milk the consumer as much as possible, and in some ways even worse. It seems like this is their attempt to prevent people from selling this game second hand and to force anyone who wants to buy the game to buy it new.

This is the problem with anything that involves large amounts of money, at some point it becomes all about how to make the most money possible out of a single product and you get people who are involved in an industry not because they like what they are producing, but only because there is so much money involved in said industry. Sadly the games industry went down that path a long time ago and game publishers (mostly American ones) are soley focused on the profit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

*nods*

*sighs*

*cancels pre-order*

Reason - "Other"

"I refuse to be dictated to by Activision on the subject of how I'm "allowed" to consume the games I own once paid for, all games on the disc(s) or no sale.

But what does one cancelled pre-order matter in the grand scheme of things?"

I guess that'll do for now, maybe I'll pick it up somewhere down the line, maybe I won't, maybe I'll just pick up the originals before the price goes up even higher...

...or maybe I just won't bother playing Spyro afterall.

It's a shame as I believe that Toys for Bob aren't at fault here and have done their best but ultimately... fuck Activision. :blank:

Sign in to follow this