NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E3 2018

Right, I'm gonna watch the Bethesda conference. Not gonna expect too much to excite me. Most of their games don't interest me. But I gotta watch all the conferences. Except EA's.

EDIT: Nice little dig at Wal-Mart there for leaking Rage 2. And now there's a rock band.

Edited by Glen-i

Bethesda are pretty much the only conference publishers who could get away with this :laughing:

Audience at Bethesda (and most of EZA) totally perplexed by Andrew WK's performance but whatever else happens this E3 its one of my favourite moments, I love AWK and his relentless enthusiasm.

Rage trailer that followed the performance is way too serious though, goes completely against the tone they set up with AWK's performance.

Oh and because I missed posting about it as it was happening, that Microsoft conference was fantastic. The From Software and dontnod trailers alone were enough to satisfy me but the trailers just kept on coming. Hopefully Sony and Nintendo are pulling out all the stops too.

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Bethesda are pretty much the only conference publishers who could get away with this :laughing:

Did you see Devolver's conference last year? Rock Bands are pretty tame compared to that.

Edited by Glen-i

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Did you see Devolver's conference last year? Rock Bands are pretty tame compared to that.

I found it funny for a couple of minutes, then got bored and stopped watching shortly after.

• Sad 1

Just now, Ronnie said:

I found it funny for a couple of minutes, then got bored and stopped watching shortly after.

Devolver last year was just a very tired rip-off of The Eric Andre Show. It was entertaining for a few minutes but they didn't know when to finish the joke, hopefully they are more considered with their satire this year. I think there is plenty about the games industry and E3 in general to poke fun at, if Devolver get some actual comedy writers on board then they might be capable of producing something to suit their attitude. 

Bethesda felt like it was going to be good but it's been pretty drab so far apart from the Andrew WK performance. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That... That's Prop Hunt. They made Prop Hunt a mode. That's pretty great.

Edited by Glen-i

Wow, a new IP from Bethesda. That's genuinely surprising.

Right, you fuddy duddy's might not have liked it last year, but I'm looking forward to seeing if Devolver's can keep the title of Secret Best Conference of E3.

Edited by Glen-i

They finally reveal Starfield and that's all we get?! Argh!!

Still, great show but it really didn't need to be two hours long, could have easily fit into one.

Oh and always a big fan of Bethesda's short Reveal > Release windows, those seem very popular and rightly so, wish more publishers did that.

Edited by Ronnie

I quite like the look of My Friend Pedro. Might have to #Checkalook.

Only for Switch & PC. Strange.

Sudden Cameo from the Dreamcast to rip on Nintendo and their Mini line.

Yeah, that was pretty great. Now there's lore for Devolver at E3 and that's wonderful.

Edited by Glen-i

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

My god, You can actually buy Lootboxcoin.

And it's price is constantly changing every minute or so.

Nooo, bad devolver! Don’t lend credibility to bullshit crypto!

I’m slightly crypto biased anyways but(!) no harm no fouls except the fact a ton of them are literally made up cash grabs that get “investors” and then disappear into the ether. I’m not saying Devolver will do that, but it happens fairly often with these joke crypto coins. 

So yeah. I don’t like them condoning this. Making fun of this sure, but making fun of it by possible defraudment, no bueno. 

13 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Nooo, bad devolver! Don’t lend credibility to bullshit crypto!

I’m slightly crypto biased anyways but(!) no harm no fouls except the fact a ton of them are literally made up cash grabs that get “investors” and then disappear into the ether. I’m not saying Devolver will do that, but it happens fairly often with these joke crypto coins. 

So yeah. I don’t like them condoning this. Making fun of this sure, but making fun of it by possible defraudment, no bueno. 

Uhhh... Did you visit the page? It literally claims you'd have to be insane to actually buy it.

It's also a physical item. It's pretty upfront that it's a joke.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Uhhh... Did you visit the page? It literally claims you'd have to be insane to actually buy it.

It's also a physical item. It's pretty upfront that it's a joke.

Well now I feel like an ass. And good on them in that case. I did visit the page but only long enough to see the picture be drunkenly disgusted. Eh even sober I’d likely be the same though. 

With Microsoft seemingly having paid a lot of money to announce a shit ton of third party titles at their show, what can we expect from Sony?

Aside from the four exclusive titles (Spiderman, Days Gone, Death Stranding and TLoU II) which will quite possibly take up 30 minutes of the show, does Sony really have enough up their sleeves to take the spotlight away from Microsoft regarding third party devs?

Personally, all I need is gameplay from the four exclusives. Microsoft's show gave me everything I wanted for my non-exclusive-games-needs :D

And a PSVita 2 announcement :(

I'm not sure Sony are even trying for that kind of conference this year so its hard to compare really.

Are Sony going for a Nintendo Direct style conference this year, or did I understand that wrong?

27 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I'm not sure Sony are even trying for that kind of conference this year so its hard to compare really.

Good point.
I guess it's impossible to predict.

Anybody here who'll watch the conference live? :p Might enter the N-E chat room :D

I'm mostly just interested in new Spider-Man footage at Sony's conference. Days Gone looks really boring and generic to me, I hated the gameplay in The Last of Us II so I can't see myself playing the sequel and Death Stranding is kind of in a weird area on its own where I both want to know more and don't what to know anymore until I actually play it :laughing:

57 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Are Sony going for a Nintendo Direct style conference this year, or did I understand that wrong?

Live audience, so a Showcase/Press Conference.
The big four will be the focus, other announcement might happen.

I expect the internet will be highly disappointed. People have way too high expectations regarding Sony's show tomorrow.

My predictions:

• big four
  • RDR 2 trailer (no real gameplay again)
  • indie reel
  • Black Ops 4
  • MediEvil
  • maybe one surprise (BluePoint with another remake? Or Vicarious Visions remaking Crash Team Racing...PLEASE?)
  • several PSVR games
  • forgot about this: Destiny 2 expansion(s? whatever the fuck Bungie is doing right now)
  • Vita 2
  • Vita 2
  • Vita 2
  • Vita 2
  • :(
Edited by drahkon

Sony made their bed a couple of E3s ago when they revealed their entire remaining AAA line up years in advance. Last E3 it was very noticeable they were struggling to find new content for their trailerfest so this year's more low key approach is no surprise. 

Hopefully there'll be a couple of smaller new game announcements. Maybe a Horizon 2 tease for PS5, years away obv. 

Sign in to follow this