NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E3 2018

So i shouldn't watch the EA conference then is the vibe i'm getting.....

Poor C&C i'll just stick to the classics

I watched the EZA guys watching the EA conference this morning. These guys usually can find the positive in anything but I think this actually broke them. I've never seen them looking so miserable while covering an event.

@Happenstance did you watch the Giant Bomb coverage? I'm curious how they took the EA presser.

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I watched the EZA guys watching the EA conference this morning. These guys usually can find the positive in anything but I think this actually broke them. I've never seen them looking so miserable while covering an event.

@Happenstance did you watch the Giant Bomb coverage? I'm curious how they took the EA presser.

Yeah I did. They were probably more positive than I would have expected. Finding some of the stuff interesting. I think they most described the conference as feeling flat and found the continued use of looping footage worrying.

• Thanks 1

Watched the EA conference last night. Absolutly nothing in there that I was interested in. Watched the Giant Bomb react to EA and I just couldn't watch it anymore. When it got to Anthem I just lost interest. Hell, long before Anthem.

What still baffles me about the EA conference, beyond the obvious and glaring issues, was the way they just threw away the announcement that Unravel Two was available after the show. It lacked any enthusiasm for the game from the EA Originals rep which is just weird considering the first did well for them, enough for them to announce a sequel in the months following the release of the first game.

They could have and probably should have just done a Direct style presentation to cover the lot and done focus videos for each of the games for a more in depth look.

Still, things should be much improved tonight with both Microsoft and Bethesda having their conferences. I'm hoping to see Microsoft showing some surprises beyond Halo and Gears of War (where the new titles for these will likely come next year. Probably a remaster for Gears of War 2 and an announcement that the Master Chief Collection is fixed). Looking forward to seeing more of Ori and hopefully a new IP or even Remedy going back to Alan Wake (a man can dream obviously) but I suspect there'll be a lot of third part games and indie.

As for Bethesda, I'm just keep to see what new things they're working on. Hopefully Starfield turns up and is their big game for this fall but other than that, I'm curious to see what else they'll bring beyond Elder Scrolls Online, Rage 2 and Fallout 76 (which I'm not hyped for if it being an online multiplayer titles holds true).

Just as long as the new CD Projekt Red game is shown...really the only thing I'm looking for.

2 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

As for Bethesda, I'm just keep to see what new things they're working on. Hopefully Starfield turns up and is their big game for this fall but other than that, I'm curious to see what else they'll bring beyond Elder Scrolls Online, Rage 2 and Fallout 76 (which I'm not hyped for if it being an online multiplayer titles holds true).

I think Doom 2 and DLC for both The Evil Within 2 and Prey are within the realms of possibility, but other than that, there doesn't seem to be much in besides Starfield, which makes me think that it's going to be the centrepiece of their show, with anywhere between a 15 minute and 30 minute showing. I have to figure that that's why they revealed two of their new games well ahead of E3 this year.

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Just as long as the new CD Projekt Red game is shown...really the only thing I'm looking for.

I'm very confident that it will be present. Based on past precedent and the sudden surge in activity around the game since the beginning of the year, I honestly don't know when or where else it could actually turn up. They aren't going to announce it out of the blue themselves; visual fidelity means a lot to them, so there's no reason that they'd show it off on Sony's stage as opposed to Microsoft's (plus, I'd assume that Microsoft would offer more for them to be present on their stage at this point in the generation; and they were on their stage to show off The Witcher 3 a few years back); and so there's no other place it could really turn up this year besides at E3, where they can rub shoulders once again with the very best in the industry, and have the largest outreach possible. Oh, and throw in all of the cryptic teasing by their higher-ups too.

So yeah: I will be very surprised if I check the news tomorrow morning and news on Cyberpunk 2077 is absent :p 

Edited by Julius Caesar

43 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

I think Doom 2 and DLC for both The Evil Within 2 and Prey are within the realms of possibility, but other than that, there doesn't seem to be much in besides Starfield, which makes me think that it's going to be the centrepiece of their show, with anywhere between a 15 minute and 30 minute showing. I have to figure that that's why they revealed two of their new games well ahead of E3 this year.

I'm very confident that it will be present. Based on past precedent and the sudden surge in activity around the game since the beginning of the year, I honestly don't know when or where else it could actually turn up. They aren't going to announce it out of the blue themselves; visual fidelity means a lot to them, so there's no reason that they'd show it off on Sony's stage as opposed to Microsoft's (plus, I'd assume that Microsoft would offer more for them to be present on their stage at this point in the generation; and they were on their stage to show off The Witcher 3 a few years back); and so there's no other place it could really turn up this year besides at E3, where they can rub shoulders once again with the very best in the industry, and have the largest outreach possible. Oh, and throw in all of the cryptic teasing by their higher-ups too.

So yeah: I will be very surprised if I check the news tomorrow morning and news on Cyberpunk 2077 is absent :p 

Going to be an interesting one - it would be great if they do announce today - I can see them not doing so but only in the case that it's not going to be coming out on the this generation of consoles! Hoping it's the other extreme and they're going to do a Fallout 4-style trailer and release later this year.... cammaannn!!

3 minutes ago, dan-likes-trees said:

Going to be an interesting one - it would be great if they do announce today - I can see them not doing so but only in the case that it's not going to be coming out on the this generation of consoles! Hoping it's the other extreme and they're going to do a Fallout 4-style trailer and release later this year.... cammaannn!!

I think the next generation is still a few years off, so I don't think that it would be held off until then, just considering the sudden surge this year in activity. That being said, I do, however, think that this game will look ridiculously good, and will probably be one of the first games to be remastered for the next generation, so in a way I agree with what you're saying. It's not impossible for it to be out by the end of the year, given the clout and goodwill they have with their audience after The Witcher 3 especially meaning that it could drop a few weeks after Red Dead Redemption 2 in November and still perform well in sales, but, if not, I think it'll be out by Easter of next year at the latest -- if we do see it tonight.

Please be good Microsoft.

I'm actually kind of tempted to get an Xbox One X for Anthem next year, so hopefully they bring the games...

Okay, I wasn't planning on watching this...but what a great start. I'm sticking around for now :p 

MMOFPS Halo? Hmm...

Hilarious to hear them shout out "PHIL!!! PHIL!!! PHIL!!" though :laughing:

HOLY. SMOKES.

50 games -- 18 exclusives -- 15 world premieres?!

If I'm not saving for an Xbox by the end of this...

Edited by Julius Caesar

Ori looks gorgeous. Really love the look of it. But, yeah, not paying all that money for an Xbox just for that.

AHHHHHH WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Where have all of these medieval Japanese games come from?!

Seriously. Massive get for Xbox. MASSIVE.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

Japan Souls!

Edit: Wow! It's Shadows Die Twice! And it's not PS4 exclusive! And it's published by Activision!?

Teh hell?

Edited by Dcubed

Bethesda decides to skip over the next 71 Fallout games and go straight to the 76th one.

Also, it's a prequel.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Bethesda decides to skip over the next 71 Fallout games and go straight to the 76th one.

Also, it's a prequel.

It belongs on this stage. Xbox went from 360 back to One :p 

Really strong start to the conference.

• Haha 1

Is it too early to be calling February 2019 the new September 2018? Seriously, we already have three or four AAA titles dropping that month...

• Like 1

Nice of Microsoft to use Sea of Thieves to bring down the pace of their show. :D 

Just now, Glen-i said:

Kingdom Hearts decides to nick BOTW's Shield Surfing.

Legolas did it first.

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

Legolas did it first.

Legolas is just a Link rip off anyway.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this