NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E3 2018

Spaaaace Assshooole. Glorious, they know their audience I think. 

A couple of rumours are doing the rounds this morning. First up is a new Halo game named Halo Infinity. This is supposed to be getting shown at the MS conference.

Next up, it looks like Tales of Vesperia is getting a remaster.

Gematsu has discovered tov10th.tales-ch.jp—a password-protected website presumably for the Tales of Vesperia remaster Gematsu has heard is in production in celebration of the RPG’s 10th anniversary. 

Gematsu heard from multiple sources that Bandai Namco will announce the Tales of Vesperia remaster at E3 2018, which runs from June 12 to 14 in Los Angeles.

There were rumours of a Tales coming to the Switch and this could be it. However, Phil Spencer said that MS were looking to get more Japanese support for their console and seeing as the game was originally a Xbox exclusive, this could be a big get for them if this version is also exclusive. On the other hand, the Tales series has had great success on the Playstation platform in recent years and they may want to continue that trend.

It may be that this gets a release on all 3 platforms, which would makes sense. It ran fine on the Xbox and PS3 ( Japan only version ) so the Switch could easily handle the game.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

original.jpg

Just now have I seen this for the first time...

tumblr_n50odbVxT91r0bcefo1_500.gif

Anyways, I don't expect much from Sony's E3 show. Just give me gameplay for games you've already announced and I'm happy (as long as that gameplay looks good).

Sony Countdown to E3 stream.

Starts 4pm BST

Edited by Map

Oh man, that game announcement. The excitement I had as I saw the Enhance logo and Miziguchi's name and then watching that trailer unfold for the first half was amazing. And then right there at the end, the wind was completely taken out of my sails when the game was fully unveiled. So gutted that it's not a continuation of Area X in Rez Infinite, bridging the gap between that and Child of Eden.

Probably still give it a go as it'll definitely have a killer soundtrack but I'm disappointed it's turned out to be what it is in a Tetris game.

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Next up, it looks like Tales of Vesperia is getting a remaster.

There were rumours of a Tales coming to the Switch and this could be it.

Dear God I hope not. As a (European :blank:) Nintendo fan, I have been waiting quite a while for a new Tales game. The last thing I want from them is some tired remake.

5 hours ago, drahkon said:

tumblr_n50odbVxT91r0bcefo1_500.gif

Nice to see Thekla for a change, as opposed to Colin. Mix it up with some Gifs from Seven Psychopaths.

• Like 1

Anyone watching old E3 conferences in the build up to the current one?

I've been watching this:

Beta Bianco Hills sounds rather different...

ffnmlyrscnnipvyhercr.jpg

Spoiler

Looks like Steam has started advertising Just Cause 4 a little too early.

(doesn't work?) (it works)

Edited by drahkon

E3 starts... right now! :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

Right now?

ROL7sZs.gif

Probably won’t be catching any of the streams next week (exam season, woo... :blank:) but I can’t wait to binge the streams next Friday and Saturday with the Allies’ reactions.

Best in the biz :bowdown:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Along with the carpet reviews, this is my favorite thing about E3. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Along with the carpet reviews, this is my favorite thing about E3. :D 

Loved those carpet reviews :laughing: also really like Huber Syndrome’s E3 special :D 

EZA’s E3 schedule:

Edited by Julius Caesar

So, EA Play kicks off the pre-E3 conferences in just over an hour. Is anyone tuning in? I don't know if I'll tune in live myself but keep track through a live blog or something as I can't imagine much that EA will show that will grab my attention.

Beyond Fifa, Madden, NBA Live, Anthem and Battlefield, what else are they likely to show? There'll probably be some Star Wars in there somewhere but whether that game actually comes out is another question given past experiences beyond the Battlefront games. I suspect there'll be an EA original game or two and another remaster. If they're going to redo the Mass Effect Trilogy for this generation, this is the year I expect it'll be announced, tho the cynic in me thinks it'll be to garner some good guy points rather than because they really want to.

As much as I'd love a new Mirror's Edge, I don't see it happening.

So yeah, not optimistic in what they'll show but might be some surprises. Stranger things have happened.

EA conferences are usually tripe (other than Snoop Dog playing Battlefiled while high as a kite) but I still tune in. It's all part of the E3 experience. :D 

• Haha 1

Had to switch over to the Twitch app on my PS4, the one on my TV is trash. The adverts play but then the stream is just black or it says 'this channel is not streaming' so it looks like i'll have to use my PS4 to watch the EZA streams.

Got a tonne of junk food and really looking forward to the shows, but it doesn't really start until Microsoft get under way tomorrow night. Easy Allies coverage looks really good, the new equipment seems totally worth it already and I love the new titles.

20 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

So, EA Play kicks off the pre-E3 conferences in just over an hour. Is anyone tuning in? I don't know if I'll tune in live myself but keep track through a live blog or something as I can't imagine much that EA will show that will grab my attention.

Beyond Fifa, Madden, NBA Live, Anthem and Battlefield, what else are they likely to show? There'll probably be some Star Wars in there somewhere but whether that game actually comes out is another question given past experiences beyond the Battlefront games. I suspect there'll be an EA original game or two and another remaster. If they're going to redo the Mass Effect Trilogy for this generation, this is the year I expect it'll be announced, tho the cynic in me thinks it'll be to garner some good guy points rather than because they really want to. 

I won’t be. I wouldn’t have been anyways due to other things going on, but after having the last few be just as eventful as watching paint dry; it just doesn’t seem worth it. 

I think there’s a good chance that we see Respawn’s Star Wars game, to be honest. Apparently they’ve had a much smoother time than Visceral had, and I’m interested in seeing what they’ve come up with if so. I’m also interested in seeing if any more indie titles turn up after A Way Out did so well for them at their conference last year.

Other than that, I don’t expect much from today’s conference for them, and it’ll hopefully be a good chance to see how they present Anthem this time around after the Battlefront II backlash. We didn’t learn about how many of the systems/microtransactions worked until the open beta launched in that case; will they be more up front this time around with Anthem? Or will those things remain hushed for now?

Baffling that EA still don't know how to present a decent conference. It's like they are stuck in the past.

Good to see no loot boxes are in Battlefield V. Although I don't think it will bother EA that much. Having Champions League as part of Ultimate Team is gonna make them some serious bank.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Baffling that EA still don't know how to present a decent conference. It's like they are stuck in the past.

Good to see no loot boxes are in Battlefield V. Although I don't think it will bother EA that much. Having Champions League as part of Ultimate Team is gonna make them some serious bank.

I thought at first that Andrea Rene was presenting the entire thing. Shame she only seems to be bookending it because she'd have been a good choice.

Just now, Happenstance said:

I thought at first that Andrea Rene was presenting the entire thing. Shame she only seems to be bookending it because she'd have been a good choice.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It then went and switched to the standard boring EA style presser. She was only on for a couple of minutes and she had more charisma than everyone else who has been on stage so far.

Good lord that Respawn announcement was a big pile of nothing. EA will never learn.

4 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Good lord that Respawn announcement was a big pile of nothing. EA will never learn.

I'll be very surprised if it actually releases next Christmas. They don't even have a trailer for the thing. I don't see the value in announcing a game in that way. 

The looping of the Battlefront II footage was terrible, especially for a game thats already out!

Sign in to follow this