NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E3 2018

22 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Can we keep leaks in spoilers tags please guys? I block access to gaming news sites in the run up to E3 so I don't see stuff like this but then people end up just reposting it here and making new threads about it. Let some of us stay in the dark about all these surprises.

Yeah, I think this is fair. I’ve been trying to spoiler tag any leaks that I’ve posted here, but apologies if I’ve missed any. 

I’ll add a note at the top of the original post :) 

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Can we keep leaks in spoilers tags please guys? I block access to gaming news sites in the run up to E3 so I don't see stuff like this but then people end up just reposting it here and making new threads about it. Let some of us stay in the dark about all these surprises.

I appreciate what you're saying but unless you get everyone on board with this turn I doubt it's going to happen. For example, I figured this would be a safe place to post the PD leak rather than the main board due to the reasons you stated, but the Sonic Racing leak got it's own topic in the Nintendo board. The only way around this is if there is some kind of spoiler E3 topic where everything would be posted.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I appreciate what you're saying but unless you get everyone on board with this turn I doubt it's going to happen. For example, I figured this would be a safe place to post the PD leak rather than the main board due to the reasons you stated, but the Sonic Racing leak got it's own topic in the Nintendo board. The only way around this is if there is some kind of spoiler E3 topic where everything would be posted.

Even so what is stopping you using spoiler tags when you post these leaks? Only the other day you were decrying the lack of secrecy around E3 these days but you go and ruin the surprise for other people. If you had enough of a filter to not post it on the main board why didn't that extend to using spoiler tags? I appreciate that some people have no self control and feel the need to plaster everything they see all over the forum as soon as they can, like with the Sonic thread in the Nintendo section, but i'd appreciate if the users similarly concerned about leaks would show a bit of care and forethought.

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

Even so what is stopping you using spoiler tags when you post these leaks? Only the other day you were decrying the lack of secrecy around E3 these days but you go and ruin the surprise for other people. If you had enough of a filter to not post it on the main board why didn't that extend to using spoiler tags? I appreciate that some people have no self control and feel the need to plaster everything they see all over the forum as soon as they can, like with the Sonic thread in the Nintendo section, but i'd appreciate if the users similarly concerned about leaks would show a bit of care and forethought.

Firstly, had you specifically asked everyone before hand to spoiler tag things then I would happily have done so. Don't have a go at me for not being able to read your mind. 

Secondly, the way posting leaks has worked has been like this on here for years. Most are simply contained in a single thread rather than scattered about the board. 

If people are sensitive enough to want to kick off with others and avoid everything then a bit of a heads up would have been nice.

Looks like I will have to block access to here as well then, I clearly misplaced my trust that I would be able to continue posting here in the run up to E3 and discuss my hopes and predictions with you all without having potential surprises ruined for me.

See you in two weeks when E3 is under way then I guess.

Edited by killthenet

43 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Looks like I will have to block access to here as well then, I clearly misplaced my trust that I would be able to continue posting here in the run up to E3 and discuss my hopes and predictions with you all without having potential surprises ruined for me.

See you in two weeks when E3 is under way then I guess.

You can still post your thoughts and hopes in the run up to E3. Like I said, we just have to create spoiler and spoiler free topics, much like we've done in the past with Smash Bros and Zelda games.

All I'm saying is that you can't fault people for already posting leaks when I imagine most were unaware that you didn't want anything spoiled.

Perhaps a forum wide notice by a admin or mod would help the situation out stating that no leaks can have their own topics? We could have a general spoiler and spoiler free E3 thread in here and then a Nintendo E3 spoiler thread in the Nintendo side of the board where all leaks could be posted. Yay or nay?

We’ve been posting leaks for months (years) and this just now comes up? Such drama. 

Me I just take all leaks with a grain of salt. It isn’t true until the publisher says it’s true. Usually at E3. 

Less than 2 weeks to go! :bouncy:

*Total Recall lady* “Two weeeeeks!” :laughing:

Hopefully there aren’t anymore substantial leaks, at least on the Nintendo side of things. I’m not too fussed about seeing 3rd party, Xbox or PS stuff before e3 as I rarely watch those conferences live and the surprises don’t have the same kind of impact for me anyway.

As for posting leaks on here, it would be nice to restrict it all to a “spoiler” thread, but at the end of the day unless it’s something that was also backed up by moderation it’s basically impossible.

Unfortunately, it seems like the only way to keep the entirety of e3 a surprise these days is to completely avoid the internet until the moment the event starts.

• Thanks 3

Lqg7fUI.png

Well thats interesting if it’s not just a good photoshop job. 

Edited by Nolan

I see the details of the next Assassins Creed have been leaked. Wouldn't be E3 without Ubisoft's games been revealed early. :D 

36 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Nice to know that I didn’t mess up on the BST conversions :laughing: 

31 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I see the details of the next Assassins Creed have been leaked. Wouldn't be E3 without Ubisoft's games been revealed early. :D 

They can turn the company around in the public eye almost completely, but it’s nice to see that some things will never change :D 

Spoiler

E3Leak.jpg

Nothing too exciting for me, which makes it more believable. I mean, I'd be disappointed if this were it. :indeed:

• Like 1

I’ve seen pictures/people claiming to have played that top listing months ago on Imgur. I was downvotes for commenting that I hadn’t realized it released. R/mildlyinteresting. 

Middle one has my intrigue though. 

Edit: y’all motherfuxkers need to switch your avatars back to normal. Less of this Nivea legion shit. I thought I was replying to HoT

edit edit @Sméagol @Ashley @everyoneever holy fuck we can have gifs as avatars now?!! I might have to retire mine....I mean it is only like a decade old now...

Edited by Nolan
  • Weird 1

I can only apologise @killthenet, didn't quite realise that was frowned upon.

Sorry about that, I'll refrain from jumping the gun in future.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nolan said:

edit edit @Sméagol @Ashley @everyoneever holy fuck we can have gifs as avatars now?!! I might have to retire mine....I mean it is only like a decade old now...

tumblr_mlc8nyunrP1qkechxo1_250.gif

(or at least it will be when you do it :p)

I see Capcom have recently registered domains for Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2. DMC5 has long been rumoured to have a showing at Sony's press conference and Resident Evil 2 is certainly due a big reveal at this point. If both of these do end up turning up at E3 then i'm gonna be a very happy chappy.

• Like 1

I hope Devil May Cry 5 (if the rumours of it being announced) is a follow-up to the reboot. DmC was incredibly good.

Seems unlikely given the numbering.

I just want them to announce some more Ace Attorney stuff, including the original trilogy on Android. iOS has it and so does Android in Japan but we never got it here. I’ve been playing Dual Destinies again on my phone lately and want more!

10 hours ago, drahkon said:

I hope Devil May Cry 5 (if the rumours of it being announced) is a follow-up to the reboot. DmC was incredibly good.

Unlikely. By naming and by the how polarizing DmC was for most people. It was a very good game, but a lot of people just can’t get past it being a rebooted DMC title. Honestly as a Devil May Cry title, it isn’t as great as previous entries. The combat wasn’t as technical and refined, and the story was goofy while trying to be overly serious. 

It was an excellent title but not an excellent Devil May Cry. 

Some news on S-E’s Avengers project, from IGN Germany.

Cutting to the short of it: "The Avengers Project" is Avengers: Ultimate Alliance. But it's not just Ultimate Alliance 3, it's a full reboot with the name on it (think something like the new God of War, minus the story continuity: similar name, totally new gameplay/story structure). That's the reason why the tagline of the first teaser was "Reassemble", to hint at it being a reboot. This is also why the previous Ultimate Alliance games got uprezed recently for current-gen.

The game takes place from the perspective of multiple Avengers after a cataclysmic incident broke the team apart (think more Dissassembled than Civil War), but there are 3 which are the core focus: Captain America, Iron Man, and Scarlet Witch (who you heard in the trailer). They aren't the ONLY playable characters, but they are the leads of the story. Gameplay wise think a mix between Uncharted and Infamous.

It'll also have connections putting it in both the same world as the PS4 Spider-Man game (that Sanctum Sanctorum appearance in still images was not just for fun), as well as Eidos Montreal's Guardians of the Galaxy. Marvel Games wants in on that shared universe idea that have made the films literal billions of dollars.

Figured it was worth putting in here seeing as we’re very likely to get this confirmed, and in something of a more official capacity, next week. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

48 minutes ago, Nolan said:

The combat wasn’t as technical and refined

Woot?

The combat was very technical and refined on higher difficulties. Can't say much about normal and below, though.

Agree with DMC 5 not being a follow-up to DmC. Didn't think about the number. :D

Apparently Hitman 2 was leaked late last night, with a logo for the game appearing on the WB website. I guess that's one game that WB are going to be showing off at E3.

Sign in to follow this