NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Venom (October 2018)

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, S.C.G said:

If you'd told me that there would be a Venom film in the Nineties, I probably would have jumped at the chance to see it as I always quite liked the character when I was younger but now in 2018... I question it just as I do every other superhero/anti-hero/villain film which comes out and I don't bother watching that many of them any more so I suppose this just isn't for me, which is fine... and I'll likely just stick to buying the odd super-hero videogame every now and then, that's enough for me. :smile:

We honestly are incredibly similar!  I have to say, this doesn't appeal to me at all because (rightly or wrongly) I get the impression it's trying to be an edgy, more-violent-than-usual comic book film, in the same manner as Deadpool.

That said, I'm hooked on MCU.  If you'd have told my '90s self I'd be more interested in Thor and Captain America than Spidey/Venom, I'd have been very surprised.  Heck, I've even got into Guardians of the Galaxy more than I want to see this.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Grazza said:

We honestly are incredibly similar!  I have to say, this doesn't appeal to me at all because (rightly or wrongly) I get the impression it's trying to be an edgy, more-violent-than-usual comic book film, in the same manner as Deadpool.

I wouldn't say it's anywhere near the level of violence that you would see in Deadpool. It's a little more than most, but it is more dark than the majority of Marvel films. Which is understandable given the character.

I think when Carnage comes out it'll get a bit more gory, or at least heavy implications thereof.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this