NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

PUBG- PlayerUnknown's Battleground

I've not seen a thread for this but after my mate kept telling me to buy it, I took the plunge and OMG, I'M ADDICTED!

I liked Fortnite but the building annoyed me. This, for me, is so much better and much more thrilling! I tried to play Fortnite again and just jumped back to PUBG. I was in the Top 10 on my first go on solo FPS mode so I was happy. It's just simple. 100 players parachute on land and kill each other until there's one winner. Simple.

I paid £24.99 on Xbox One and I got my money's worth out of this in two days. I'm enjoying it so much. I hope more maps and stuff come out for it although. at the minute, although it's only one map, I'm not at all bored of it.

Anyone else a fan?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Funnily enough I was thinking of posting something about this in the One thread, picked it up myself! 

Managed to get it for £17.99 from CDKeys; initially I could see why people enjoyed it but perhaps thought I'd get tired of it...not a chance! 

I almost can't explain why because the game is, in essence, so very simple, yet it's also very very effective and very addictive, I'm really enjoying playing it and the same but new way each go brings is exciting.

How close have you got to a chicken dinner? I've had one #2 finish, and a couple of #3 too, top 20 finishes are usually my minimum although depends on how the start goes as I'm not great with the guns yet, using a much more stealthier approach initially.

It's also been a good bench mark to show I can play Xbox at night and not wake my lad up (although no voice chat obviously) so might pick up Monster Hunter soon and through my free trial of game pass I'll play Sea of Thieves on launch too I think.

Also, I've started broadcasting PUBG through Mixer as well, for myself a little camera and everything! No followers or anything, but as long as I'm having fun, right?!...

Funnily enough I was thinking of posting something about this in the One thread, picked it up myself! 
Managed to get it for £17.99 from CDKeys; initially I could see why people enjoyed it but perhaps thought I'd get tired of it...not a chance! 
I almost can't explain why because the game is, in essence, so very simple, yet it's also very very effective and very addictive, I'm really enjoying playing it and the same but new way each go brings is exciting.
How close have you got to a chicken dinner? I've had one #2 finish, and a couple of #3 too, top 20 finishes are usually my minimum although depends on how the start goes as I'm not great with the guns yet, using a much more stealthier approach initially.
It's also been a good bench mark to show I can play Xbox at night and not wake my lad up (although no voice chat obviously) so might pick up Monster Hunter soon and through my free trial of game pass I'll play Sea of Thieves on launch too I think.
Also, I've started broadcasting PUBG through Mixer as well, for myself a little camera and everything! No followers or anything, but as long as I'm having fun, right?!...
This has been the only time I made it in the Top 10 solo. I was so happy that I took a picture and sent it to everyone I know, haha. I'm usually stealthy too. I lay traps and when me and my mate play, we plan things and map things out. It's pretty awesome. I've played it for four hours at a time. It's strange because it's only one map and yet, like you said, each play is so different.

I'm also surprised with how great it runs considering it's Game Preview. I crashed out once but I've had no faults at all so far, touch wood.

I can see thus being a contender for most hours played on an Xbox One game for me!959aa567e238030e51240c944a318393.jpg

I actually think they've been very clever adding it on game preview; I think it wasn't initially going to be, but they saw the state it was running in so put it on that to almost get away with it being a bit ropey and get it out for Xmas!

I've had a few bugs, literally just now I parked my Uasz up in a hidden environment, not realising there was a metal pole next to the driver's side. Got out and was stuck next to it, got back in the car to drive off but managed to sit in the back seat, got out again and then "fell to my death", frustrating as had a decent weapon set and vehicle too!

Straight back into it though :)

I actually think they've been very clever adding it on game preview; I think it wasn't initially going to be, but they saw the state it was running in so put it on that to almost get away with it being a bit ropey and get it out for Xmas!
I've had a few bugs, literally just now I parked my Uasz up in a hidden environment, not realising there was a metal pole next to the driver's side. Got out and was stuck next to it, got back in the car to drive off but managed to sit in the back seat, got out again and then "fell to my death", frustrating as had a decent weapon set and vehicle too!
Straight back into it though
Do you have it on Xbox? Add me if you do!

3 minutes ago, Animal said:

Do you have it on Xbox? Add me if you do!

I do! I'll be back on again tonight and add you then, AnimalOfAnarchy is it? Mine is Stankind, in case you're not sure who the random is! 

I probably won't get to voice chat if you ever wanted to play online together apart from Monday and Friday day times at the mo, could stream us arsing around! Not tried it for it yet but I can always WhatsApp tactics etc in the evening when my lad is asleep, although not practical for a gun fight :p

Should hopefully be breaking into the top 100,000 tonight if I have a good run :)

I do! I'll be back on again tonight and add you then, AnimalOfAnarchy is it? Mine is Stankind, in case you're not sure who the random is! 
I probably won't get to voice chat if you ever wanted to play online together apart from Monday and Friday day times at the mo, could stream us arsing around! Not tried it for it yet but I can always WhatsApp tactics etc in the evening when my lad is asleep, although not practical for a gun fight
Should hopefully be breaking into the top 100,000 tonight if I have a good run
It is and that's cool. I'll add you now. Yes, I'm ill and I'm rotting on it, haha. Might play a bit of FFXV for a break.

I AM SHAKING! PUBG CHAMPIONS FOUND QUAKING! WUUUUUT!ffe2bff0999ba8042218f595a03bc8e9.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Animal said:

I AM SHAKING! PUBG CHAMPIONS FOUND QUAKING! WUUUUUT!ffe2bff0999ba8042218f595a03bc8e9.jpg

Amazing!! Nice one, how did you score the final kill?

I've had a #13 and a #12 tonight before making some daft decisions and letting it slip a little 

Amazing!! Nice one, how did you score the final kill?
I've had a #13 and a #12 tonight before making some daft decisions and letting it slip a little 
I stayed still hugging the school in prone position. I saw him slightly move near the tree in the picture and killed him! It's heart-racing stuff! I freaking love this game!

42 minutes ago, Animal said:

I stayed still hugging the school in prone position. I saw him slightly move near the tree in the picture and killed him! It's heart-racing stuff! I freaking love this game!

As soon as I get top 10 my heart starts going, never known a game like it! 

Nice tactics, time I got to number 2 I didn't see the other guy at all, I'd been quite lucky getting that far as is.

Broke in to the top 100,000 when I stopped tonight, had a few decent runs but tiredness kicked in and went to pot!

• Like 1

As soon as I get top 10 my heart starts going, never known a game like it! 
Nice tactics, time I got to number 2 I didn't see the other guy at all, I'd been quite lucky getting that far as is.
Broke in to the top 100,000 when I stopped tonight, had a few decent runs but tiredness kicked in and went to pot!
The desert map is needed in my life right now! I wish there was some way to find out updates for Xbox One where it was legit.

I'm actually surprised because I thought more people would've played this. I was hoping for some N-E matches! xP

29 minutes ago, Animal said:

I'm actually surprised because I thought more people would've played this. I was hoping for some N-E matches! xP

A two man crack squad at the moment! 

Any more dinners? My shooting is getting much better now, I'm up to something like 50,000 in EU rankings too, I'm steadily climbing on consistent high placing rather than any wins yet!

A two man crack squad at the moment! 
Any more dinners? My shooting is getting much better now, I'm up to something like 50,000 in EU rankings too, I'm steadily climbing on consistent high placing rather than any wins yet!
I'm the same. No more chicken dinners but I'm usually in the region of 30-40 players standing and my shooting and reactions are getting much better.

Has anybody played the mobile version of this? I love it!

I tried a couple of rounds but I just cannot cope with the touch controls. Especially after playing the PC version playing it on mobile feels watered down and handicapped. Still impressive though that you can play an online game with 100 players on a smart device.

Yeah I've played a bit and had the same reaction. brilliant that it runs on my ipad, but the controls really make it seem random who comes out of a firefight alive. Also, won my first day with 5 kills - clearly each match is pretty populated by bots - maybe that's how it's running so smoothly - but that definitely buzz of making it to the last ten or whatever

You guys should try it on Xbox. It's much more fun, especially with friends and you're the last two teams standing!

I've clocked in about 100 hours on this game now, but unfortunately on PC. I've won a couple of times, and I usually do it pretty well in Solo, but on squad I suck big time :P. Too bad that is where the fun is :D.

But that feeling when you get to top 10..... It's so intense, and SO rewarding once you get your dinner!

Sign in to follow this