NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pestneb

Sound systems

My current sound system is getting old before it's time. (panasonic SA-HT520 if anyone cares)

Tbh it was always a bit of a let down, it didn't really live up to my expectations even when it was brand new, but it did an ok job with cd's and dvd's.
Basically now I'm looking for a sound system that does that (though probably better) and also allows me to put my gaming systems sound through it. Just wondering if anyone can recommend something to me...(and it could also be interesting for others I guess!)

I've got a Sony STR DG910 AV system paired with a set of KEF speakers and a sub-woofer. :D

I use it every day and I've never looked back. :)

So you could get a modern version of that I guess? I've seen some of the newer Sony amps and they look great, in fact the only thing which mine doesn't have is as many HDMI ports as it has three - still pretty good considering the unit is a decade old I guess? - but I'm adding in a HDMI switch box soon, plus I don't have some of the newer sound standards though Dolby Pro Logix II X seems perfectly fine and in addition it supports up to 7.1 channel Linear PCM.

I suppose there are other considerations, mine will only pass through up to 1080p but I don't need 4K so... ::shrug: the newer amps will likely support that though if that's something you're even after.

Lots to consider obviously but I would certainly recommend the Sony STR line from personal experience. :grin:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I've got a Sony STR DG910 AV system paired with a set of KEF speakers and a sub-woofer. :D

I use it every day and I've never looked back. :)

So you could get a modern version of that I guess? I've seen some of the newer Sony amps and they look great, in fact the only thing which mine doesn't have is as many HDMI ports as it has three - still pretty good considering the unit is a decade old I guess? - but I'm adding in a HDMI switch box soon, plus I don't have some of the newer sound standards though Dolby Pro Logix II X seems perfectly fine and in addition it supports up to 7.1 channel Linear PCM.

I suppose there are other considerations, mine will only pass through up to 1080p but I don't need 4K so... ::shrug: the newer amps will likely support that though if that's something you're even after.

Lots to consider obviously but I would certainly recommend the Sony STR line from personal experience. :grin:

+1 for the Sony STR line. I had one back in the UK, can't remember the exact model but I had my sky box, Switch and BluRay hooked up through it via HDMI and it was a thing beauty.

• Thanks 2

I’m currently using the Yamaha RXV681 myself, alongside some Monitor Audio Vector speakers in a 5.1 setup (up to 9.1 Dolby Atmos is supported however).  Absolutely love it! I’ve had a few in the Yamaha RXV/RV series and they’re consistently superb!  Very very solid entry-mid level enthusiast line of AV Recievers, with a rich soundscape, full 4K/HDR support and they won’t break the bank either! (Amazon are currently doing the RXV683 for £399.99 for Prime members!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this