NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

that was lucky...

Hit by a Spiny Shell in 4th place!! :o

That right there pretty much sums up tonight for me. Worst luck I've had in MK8 for a loooooong time. :hehe:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Hit by a Spiny Shell in 4th place!! :o

That right there pretty much sums up tonight for me. Worst luck I've had in MK8 for a loooooong time. :hehe:

That's nothing, I got hit by one in 6th!

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Ugh, what a night for me. Terrible item roulette, was getting bananas in 5th all throughout Wild Wild Woods for one.

Got slaughtered at some points too when I was doing good.

I blame @Glen-i for the above one.

And here's a bonus typical Mario Kart moment that happened to me in a race before the league.

• Haha 2

Only a couple of highlights from me this week.

Anyway, here's the results.

DfNchhuUwAAWrwB.jpg

Note: Some people (Me, @RedShell, @S.C.G and @BowserBasher) have 1 point less than what is shown due to @Nicktendo disconnecting after the first race, nullifying his score. It doesn't really change the actual rankings all around. Except @S.C.G, who has gotten 8th place instead. Sorry.

DfNcmOMVAAA6uEP.jpg:large

ulrxXqP.png

Note: Bonus points gained from the vote are shown in Blue. 2 points for actually voting and an extra 2 points for each aspect of the theme you successfully voted for. Here are the placings after the points are added.

JSfVIA8.png

When it comes to the GP win stats, the vote points are not taken into account, so @martinist and @Nintendo Fan takes 2nd and 3rd place respectively.

dDSb3bd.png

@BowserBasher and @S.C.G are this week's Players who made no bloody difference. Congratulations! You two elevate the status quo to an art form. @Nintendo Fan breaks away from his tied position, while @Vileplume2000 gets a 0.1 lead over @Dcubed. With only 3 nights of the 1st half of the year left to go, it's anyone's game between those two.

Next League Night: 14th June 8pm

yJKMDV7.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

I should explain this one, huh? To follow up E3, the vehicle parts and course choices all feature the letter "E" in their names. Because I said so.
As for the character choice, well. I don't know what character we'll be using yet... It all depends on who shows up during Nintendo's E3 Direct. So say if Mario, Luigi and Peach appear at some point, you'll be able to choose one of them. Easy, right? I'll post an update once I've seen it.

(Oh, BTW. I know I'm cheating with Neo Bowser City. I know it's called Koopa City over here. I don't care. I just wanted a City based Track)

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

3cb8Ak9.jpg

Some of my highlights :heh: including the director's cut of Suddenly, Bananas! :laughing:

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Glen-i said:

ulrxXqP.png

Note: Bonus points

Ooh. What do I win for getting the most bonus points? It must be something amazing, right? 

30 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Ooh. What do I win for getting the most bonus points? It must be something amazing, right? 

IpDAgCi.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, RedShell said:

Some of my highlights :heh: including the director's cut of Suddenly, Bananas! :laughing:

You know, you kinda make it sound like a movie...

qcJExHQ.png

Yes, RedShell is the Villain.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You know, you kinda make it sound like a movie...

qcJExHQ.png

Yes, RedShell is the Villain.

:laughing: Brilliant! :bowdown:

• Thanks 1

Now that the direct has been shown, here are the characters you can use on Thursday.

• Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr. 
  • Larry
  • Morton
  • Wendy
  • Ludwig
  • Lemmy
  • Roy
  • Iggy
  • Rosalina
  • Daisy
  • Inkling Boy
  • Inkling Girl
  • Link
  • Villager
  • Donkey Kong
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Mii
  • Dry Bones
  • Toad
  • Yoshi

Damnit, Sakurai...

• Haha 5

EvErYoNe Is HeRe!!!!

By the way I'm INterested in those new Smash Bros trophies!

• Haha 1

On 09/06/2018 at 2:33 AM, Glen-i said:

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

yJKMDV7.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Nintendo Fan

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

@S.C.G

@RedShell

Something has come up, so I'm gonna have to sit this week out.

@BowserBasher I'll need you to take a picture of the results screens. Try to get a picture of every race result, in case of disconnections. And definitely get the end results screen of each Battle. Cheers.

Have fun!

• Thanks 2

Results have been sent to @Glen-i for all the hard work.

Battle mode done me over big time and I know it wrecked my average again. Otherwise a fun night and a decent finish for me after some weeks of not. I only have a few highlights to add in a bit.

Ah, skimming through this thread brings back memories, even though there are many different players. Still, I see @RedShell is still in good form :laughing: 

Good times, good times.

I might joing you guys in the near future, though with me now being in Melbourne, Australia, I wonder what time I should wake up.

• Like 2