NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

In it to win it! Well, in it to hopefully not come in last in all 3 GPs is more accurate. :grin:

• Haha 1

Not league related but.

This is the greatest thing in Mario Kart I have ever done. Thank you Nintendo for the ability to save replays so easily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

It was obviously meant to be! :D

At least I don't need to pick Baby Park now.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Haha 1

Comm Error, GP 2, Race 2... I think... I lose track, Neo Bowser City anyway.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, martinist said:

Communication error GP1 race 4

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Comm Error, GP 2, Race 2... I think... I lose track, Neo Bowser City anyway.

Martinist, your score after GP1 will be 21, it's lower than your current average (29.5), do you want me to still count it?

S.C.G, your score after GP2 will be 15. I get the feeling you still want to keep it though.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

S.C.G, your score after GP2 will be 15. I get the feeling you still want to keep it though.

200w.gif

• Haha 1

Yeah, pretty terrible night again but great fun! And is pipe frame the ultimate kart? Saw a lot of people using it!

Some highlights:

Glen-i picking on me as always :p

I never had so many sour last laps as this week! Getting hit by whatnot seconds before the finish was kinda the standard yesterday:

And absolutely loved these last seconds, perfect for my result of the evening :grin:

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Martinist, your score after GP1 will be 21, it's lower than your current average (29.5), do you want me to still count it?

Keep it

• Thanks 1

DepPx8JU0AAHZRW.jpg

MYpk4y6.png

NOTE: The race where 2 random people joined in has been recalculated to only count the 9 people from the League. Unlike last time, they were not anyone on my Friend List. But none of you are gonna fess up...

DepP2LsV4AMQkFk.jpg

5v9f7Uo.png

@S.C.G is this week's Player who made no bloody difference. No amount of perfect attendance can save you from the cold hard truth of stability.
@BowserBasher got his 10th second placing this week, while @viceview51 nailed 10 3rd places. Meanwhile, @Nintendo Fan barely claws his way back to 9th place.

It's the last month of the first League this year. And your votes are in! It's the...

Next League Night: 7th June 8pm

oDoWI41.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

MK League: Democracy Edition!

Title not totally stolen from @Vileplume2000

N-Europe has spoken and now we all have to pay the price. But first, some statistics.

I won't be naming names, that's completely up to you whether you want to disclose what you voted. You can now freely speak about the vote without penalty if you so wish.

Egg Cup got the most votes, with Crossing and Triforce in 2nd and 3rd respectively. It's quite remarkable how all 3 cups are from the WiiU DLC. Guess you lot like those crossovers?
Flower, Lightning, Shell and Banana all missed out by 1 vote. However, no-one voted for Mushroom or Bell.

I'm honestly amazed that the Mii won! It wasn't even close! Given how often I see people are genuinely surprised to learn the Switch has a Mii Maker. Say it together with me... Yaaaaaaayyy! 2 of you chose Mario, you unimaginative buggers! Bowser Jr, Dry Bones, King Boo, Shy Guy, Yoshi and Koopa Troopa also got multiple votes.

As impressive as the Mii's win was, it had nothing on the Pipe Frame! Battering all of it's competition, with over 50% of people choosing it. That N64 nostalgia is strong! The Blue Falcon came in 2nd place. 1 person voted for the Standard Kart. No, I don't know why.

Standard Wheels barely scraped into 1st, with only 3 votes and so did the Bowser Kite. Those choices were quite divisive. That said, 2 people creepily chose the exact same 3 Gliders. Ooooohhhhhh. Who were they? Well, I know. But I'm not saying.

You should be able to figure how well you lot did for the bonus points now. You get 2 points for voting and an extra 2 points for each apsect of the theme you successfully voted for.
Your bonus points will be added to next weeks 3rd GP, but only if you take part. Don't miss out!
1 person got almost every vote spot on. Only missing out on one of the cups. That's 14 points! Dayum! Golden opportunity for you. 1 person also got 12 points. Unfortunately, one of you got absolutely none of your choices into the theme. You still get 2 points for taking part, but that's some hard luck!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

IN!

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

2 of you chose Mario, you unimaginative buggers!

How dare you! :heh:

Who’s the other legend that chose Mario then? :laughing:

At least you all had good taste when it came to vehicle choice, I was worried we’d end up with a bike ;) but not only did we get a kart, it’s also the best kart in the game. :cool: Well done everyone. Everyone but Glen-i that is. :heh: 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

At least you all had good taste when it came to vehicle choice, I was worried we’d end up with a bike ;) but not only did we get a kart, it’s also the best kart in the game. :cool: Well done everyone. Everyone but Glen-i that is. :heh: 

Hey! You can't assume that I didn't choose... OK, yeah. No-one's ever going to believe that all 3 of my choices weren't an Inward Drifting Bike. Why even bother?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, martinist said:

I was INside yer ma last night.

I think someone might be a little drunk...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I should be in, will confirm close to 10 on Thursday.

I hope you mean 10 in the morning...

23 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I hope you mean 10 in the morning...

10pm I'm afraid. Depends when I leave work and on the state of the traffic. Should know by 21.30. 

Edit: Damn, Russian time :laughing:. By 19.30 BST I'll confirm.

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Haha 2