NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

1 hour ago, viceview51 said:

I'm under the impression most will choose Rosalina - since she's the heavier character.

More speed and weight is not necessarily a good thing. It does cost you acceleration and handling. Acceleration behaves strangely compared to the other stats. So you might be screwing yourself big time if you cut acceleration.

Daisy is heavier than Peach as well. So it's not clear cut as you might think.

True, but on previous thursday's when there was the chance of choosing different characters with different weight - most tend to go for the heavier option.

Should be IN! for tonight.

Highlights from last time will be somewhat delayed though I'm afraid. You can blame this guy: :hehe:

GDEAdFN.gif

• Haha 4

I'm gonna try to make it tonight. There's a possibility I could be a few mins late, depends on the traffic. 

• Thanks 1

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

0fLrAWg.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@RedShell

@S.C.G

@Nicktendo (maybe)

@Nintendo Fan

Spoiler

Prancer - Use the Bounder

Slim - Available from the start

Super Glider - Available from the start

If you're gonna be a few minutes late (about 5 minutes), @Nicktendo, let us know so we can wait for you.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Whoever stole my mushrooms on lap 2 or the airport you ruined my whole race. 

Edited by BowserBasher

Oh sure 6 red shells and a Blue! You guys are totally not over the top!

• Haha 2

Very pleased with that night. Even battle mode was good to me. Some highlights coming later. Many of which involve hitting @Glen-i 😆 

Edited by BowserBasher

7 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Dry pleased with that night. Even battle mode was good to me. Some highlights coming later. Many of which involve hitting @Glen-i 😆 

Trust me, you weren't the only one. You would not believe the amount of barrages I got thrown at me.

• Haha 1

That Sweet Sweet Kingdom highlight is such a beautiful moment of comedy. The timing is too perfect.

Also, the Piranha Plant on Royal Raceway was me. After your battle shenanigans, I'm not even remotely sorry.

Anyway!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Oh sure 6 red shells and a Blue! You guys are totally not over the top!

:laughing: Got a feeling all 6 of those Red Shells were mine.

I definitely got 2 sets of triple reds in a row on one of the races, and I (uncharacteristically :hehe:) fired them all forwards. :D 

• Haha 1

DbTgtuiUwAAu-aT.jpg:large

NOTE: @martinist was disqualified from this GP for not choosing the correct character throughout. Rules are rules. The scores for each individual race were readjusted. Anyone who lost to him were bumped up one place. (For example, If martinist came 3rd, everyone below that would go up one place)

So while the point totals aren't completely accurate here, the general placing is. @martinist's score is treated as if he simply didn't show for this GP.

DbTg0YdXUAAD3eh.jpg:large

rNUH7Af.png

OBNtr4K.png

No changes in placing here. @Nicktendo is this week's Player who made no bloody difference! I'd give you a prize, but that would actually make a difference, which I feel goes against the spirit of the title. @S.C.G makes a tremendous push by being the person who increased their average the most this week.

It's the end of the month, which means it's time for a Player's Choice night.

Next League Night: 26th April 8pm

mW4zKgh.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Me and my little bro will be in this week. He should do better this week seeing as he had to use two joycons without a controller grip last time which made it more difficult for him to play. 

• Thanks 1

OMG. We’re gonna be famous. 

One of my highlights from last weeks league night was featured in the Nintendo VS UK Twitter moment. 

It’s the 13th one along in there. :bouncy:

• Like 4