NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

oooo guy infront of me on the grid didn't have an antenna :p

Do the antennas even show on the back of the clown cars?

Edited by martinist

11 minutes ago, martinist said:

oooo guy infront of me on the grid didn't have an antenna :p

Other people's antennas don't show up in online gameplay.

I can tell through MKTV though, So don't try it.

I suddenly realise the reasoning behind the GP2 tracks. Damn you, yellow tracks!

• Haha 4

Fun games but the problem with bananas and bobombs only games is that if you get behind you probably won’t finish the race as the guy in front has no competition and can run away with it forcing the rest to fight it out. When he crosses the line it seems there is only a set amount of time before the game says tats it, I’m calling it now. Takes some of the fun away from stealing places at the end. 

Well, that was... Something. Time to check MKTV.

Also, I completely derped and deleted the GP3 results screen on my Switch. Did anyone else get it?

well all in all was a pretty good week. Really tanked on the 3rd GP though. Especially on Rainbow Road >_<

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, that was... Something. Time to check MKTV.

Also, I completely derped and deleted the GP3 results screen on my Switch. Did anyone else get it?

I got it.

BTW, doesn’t look like MKTV displays smart steering for other players, as I’ve just been checking some replays and it only shows up on my Wario. :hehe: 

Anyway, fun session tonight. Looking forward to doing some highlights. :D 

• Thanks 1

I thought my Wavebird controller was broken for half of those races...

...then I remembered about the smart steering. :indeed:

• Haha 4

Smart steering on Toad’s Turnpike is interesting... turns out you can’t really go anywhere quickly!

Enjoyed tonight though I agree with Bowser Basher that the bananas and bobombs does put the pressure on having a good start as it’s a lot easier at the front than at the back.

Just now, DazzeL said:

it’s a lot easier at the front than at the back.

...Thats what she said!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, RedShell said:

BTW, doesn’t look like MKTV displays smart steering for other players, as I’ve just been checking some replays and it only shows up on my Wario. :hehe: 

I can still tell. Sudden sideway shifts that would be completely impossible, (Especially in that setup) other weird movements, sudden slowing down when approaching the edge of a track, stuff like that. It involves a hell of a lot of watching the same race over and over. But trust me when I say I can tell.

Go ahead and PM that results screen to me then, ta.

Edited by Glen-i

Highlights from me. Well not many highs to be fair. Lol

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Haha 3

While I wait for the GP3 Results, here's some moments from @Dcubed (Left Screen) and me (Right Screen). Most of the funny happens on his screen, except for the last highlight.

Spoiler

Its hard to tell because of the video quality, but first place bounced a bomb off of the Mario Kart sign and nailed the shot perfectly. Amazingly enough, it wasn't @RedShell, even though he probably influenced that move.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Its hard to tell because of the video quality, but first place bounced a bomb off of the Mario Kart sign and nailed the shot perfectly. Amazingly enough, it wasn't @RedShell, even though he probably influenced that move.

Hehehe! Nope, not guilty that time. :heh: 

Will send you the results later on today.

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Hehehe! Nope, not guilty that time. :heh: 

I'm still blaming you.

• Haha 1

Here are the results of the Smart Steering Wario Banana Explosion Extravaganza.

GP1

DWGr8l5VMAEM-sj.jpg:large

GP2

DWGsBbpVwAEHkcD.jpg:large

GP3

DWG5k1CVAAArxjJ.jpg

And here's the table.

r2USsCU.png

Last week, I forgot to document the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings. I fixed that now. Go me! Way to fix dopey me's fudge up! A proper League welcome to @DazzeL, who makes a respectable entrance, plonking himself in the 0.7 point gap between @viceview51 and @Nintendo Fan. The averages are starting to stable for the Perfect Attendance 5 now, so barring any new entrants, the table shouldn't have drastic shifts in the future.

It's the last Thursday of the month next week, so it'll be a Player's Choice night. Usual niceties with the track selection apply.

Next League Night: 22nd Feburary 8pm

MkiKEer.png

Group 1: BowserBasher is host

Glen-i

BowserBasher

viceview51

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

What the hell happened at the end of that video? Like, seriously, how is that even possible? Proper creeped out by that.

• Haha 1
  • Weird 2