NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

Well it’s official. I suck at balloon and bo-bomb battle modes. Got some good replayes and did great in coin runners though. 

Hopefully I won’t drop too far down the table. 

I really don't like the battle modes in this game. Arenas are just too big.

Plus I'm confident I got massive lag in the Bomb shit. Stuff I saw clearly hit people didn't award me anything and it even told me I was hit before I actually did.

Ha, I had it the other way around. Battle mode means I can finally rack up some points. :grin:

Anyway, 2 of my highlights:

Sneakily stealing Simon's stuff:

Never noticed you could parachute in this level, so naturally that is asking for a sky bombardement:

• Like 2

Well, that was an interesting night. Here's the results.

jVHe5S6.png

And here's the current League table.

lQtoo1D.png

Well, first of all, the table paints a pretty disastrous picture at first glance, but everyone's averages actually went up. (Well, except @RedShell, @BowserBasher and me) Yesterday really narrowed the gulf between people. There's a lot of people with the same average as someone else now. @RedShell tying with @Nicktendo, @viceview51 with @Vileplume2000 and @Nintendo Fan with @S.C.G. Super creepy. Amazingly enough, @S.C.G, @Vileplume2000 and I all came first in the third GP. Is that a first in N-E history?

@martinist and @Dcubed return to the League with varying degrees of success. @EEVILMURRAY romps straight into second place with a solid showing in battle despite his complaining. Of course, averages are still fragile at this early stage, so who knows what will happen next week?

Speaking of next week, here's the first Theme night of the year.

Khpdmml.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

BowserBasher

viceview51

Starting the themes with a pretty straight forward one. A setup that no-one really uses, with some different rules thrown into the mix. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to make it this week. So I'll leave the organising in @BowserBasher's and @RedShell's capable hands. @BowserBasher, don't forget to repost the theme image on Thursday and keep track of who is in.

@RedShell, can I count on you to take a picture of the results on each GP? Ta!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'll be sure to repost the theme next week @Glen-i. i'll also double up on the taking of the results screen. 

Not a bad night for me going by the gtable, I| thought I was gonna drop further than that. Any way, here are a few highlights from me,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 02/02/2018 at 2:38 PM, Glen-i said:

@EEVILMURRAY romps straight into second place with a solid showing in battle despite his complaining

Ey, fack you budday!

Aside though, is there a back up bike? At the moment I don't have Varmint unlocked. Gonna try and get some more coins.

@Glen-i any update on this? At the moment I'm just practising with the Standard Bike and hoping Varmint may appear with coins? But I cannae guarantee the game will bestow upon me the goods.

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

@Glen-i any update on this? At the moment I'm just practising with the Standard Bike and hoping Varmint may appear with coins? But I cannae guarantee the game will bestow upon me the goods.

If I have my stats right, the City Tripper should have the same stat for the bike. 

11 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Aw man, sorry about that, totally slipped my mind.

@BowserBasher is right though, the City Tripper has the same stats.

Just to cover the bases. Monster tires have the same stats as Funky Monster, while the Parafoil matches the Peach Parasol.

• Thanks 1

Hey @Glen-ithere seems to be an issue with the first GP results. According to my screenshot, I came second and Sam was first, with nicktendo third.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, viceview51 said:

Hey @Glen-ithere seems to be an issue with the first GP results. According to my screenshot, I came second and Sam was first, with nicktendo third.

That would imply I was fourth. I don't think we should believe this.

18 hours ago, viceview51 said:

Battle GP's are not determined by the number of points you get in total. It is determined by the placing of each battle.

For example, say you placed 1st in each Battle in the first GP. You'd get 15 points in each battle. Making for a total of 60 points in total. Just like race mode. It doesn't matter how many points you get, as long as you come first, you get the maximum.

This ensures any battle mode can be played in the league without making a massive, unfair, change to the averages. Wouldn't want everyone scoring 70-100 points in a No Items, Coin Runner Battle after all.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Khpdmml.png

dont forget this is the first theme night guys. Use this setup. Here are the alternative parts. 

the City Tripper, Monster tires and the Parafoil. 

• Thanks 2

I don't have the set up for the theme unlocked, so yay for the alternative :)

IN

Edited by Nintendo Fan
  • Like 1

@RedShell  did you get all the result screens? I forgot to get the first one. 

Not a great night for me, had some terribly bad luck at times but redeemed it in the final GP. Which have to say was close all through. 

I got 'em all @BowserBasher!

GP1:

DVimTFwUMAAG6NZ.jpg

GP2:

DVimYU1UMAAQOdK.jpg

GP3:

DVimd5IU8AAceyW.jpg

Didn't do TOO terribly tonight, so I'm pretty happy!

Fun stuff as usual! :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2