NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

1 minute ago, Gourmet / Esperpento said:

He, at the finishing line in Shy Guy Falls, was throwing me fireballs backwards on purpose. Treason shall never be forgiven nor forgotten.

Welcome to N-E League!

Wait until you see what @RedShell likes to do with Red Shells.

• Haha 3

I got hit by so many items being thrown backwards tonight it was unbelievable. Lost a bunch of places on the line in a few races cause of people doing it. Grrrrrr

Here's some highlights from @Dcubed and me.

Highlights of Dcubed (Left Screen)

Higlights of me (Right Screen)

And here's one for you @RedShell

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eye

Highlight of both screens

• Haha 1

Difi_SzU8AATbrX.jpg

DifjEkBU0AEO4Vv.jpg

DifjIttV4AI1wSG.jpg

Note: This doesn't include the Random Task points.

QSLdJ6R.png

After only 3 weeks, @BowserBasher is our first Player who made no bloody difference! That's remarkable, almost as remarkable as everyone getting a top 3 GP placing already. The difference between 1st and last place is not even that big.
 @Dcubed and @Nintendo Fan rejoin the league with pretty good performances. All 9 people who did the "How do I shot Item?" random task completed it. It must have looked strange to any onlookers who didn't know better.

Next League Night: 26th July 8pm

XtJ8EhU.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

@RedShell

It's our first Player's Choice night of this week. So how could I possibly think of a Random Task this week if I don't know the courses? Don't worry, I've got something.

• Thanks 2

Oh, BTW! One more thing. The week after the next. We've got a theme that requires a bit of preparation. So I need your co-operation.

If you're going to take part in the 2nd August theme, I need you to send me a Private Message with a Character/Vehicle Setup.

That's it, easy, huh?

You see, each one of your suggestions will then get randomly distributed to someone taking part for that night. It could even be you who has to use it!

Do you go for a setup that's good for you, or do you go for one that's absolutely horrid with the risk of being lumbered with it? That's up to you.

So get your PM's to me as soon as you can.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

What was last week's task by the way?

Some quick highlights of last week.

Punishing @RedShell with a red shell for his double murder attempt:

Star power!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

What was last week's task by the way?

"How do I shot item?" involved restrictions on how items could be used on the final Baby Park. What restriction depended on the player's current placing on the league table.

Lower placers weren't allowed to shoot items backwards. Middle placers weren't allowed to shoot items forwards and the top placers weren't allowed to hold items and use them as shields.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

The random tasks will be sent to everyone very shortly.

Make sure you read them.

That was definitely an interesting final GP.

The bonus points for that one are certainly going to be something to look out for.

Edited by Glen-i

I'm near 30 years old and this game and all of you are suctioning the little will to live I have got left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RedShell said:

That was great! :laughing: 

BTW, nice touch @S.C.G. ;) 

Yes, I noticed that cheeky amiibo costume swap.

Really crappy GP 1 and 2. The 3rd GP was pretty good thogh i guess.

20 minutes ago, martinist said:

Really crappy GP 1 and 2. The 3rd GP was pretty good thogh i guess.

Yeah, that was a solid performance there. Kudos, I get the feeling it could cause a bit of an upset in the table.

Pretty normal night for me. got screwed a few times but hey that's MK. and I totally messed up on Baby Park as you will see in my highlights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DjHehujUUAEoCkZ.jpg

DjHemUFVsAAfIz-.jpg

DjHer45UcAE9yjp.jpg

Here are the bonus points that each person got through the "Co-op Grand Prix" Random Task this week.

s1QyXdi.png

Isn't it nice when people get along and everyone gets points for doing so? It's always nice to foster a feeling of...
Wait, why has @martinist got a question mark?

tumblr_ol51ilkR1y1us0ukho3_r1_500.gif

I maaayyyy have not divulged all of the information of this week's task. I could explain, but it'd be easier if I just show you the Private Message I sent to @martinist

This one is particularly special for you specifically, martinist. You have been selected to be...

The Saboteur

This week, everyone else has been partnered up with another person for the third GP. Well, everyone except you.

You don't have to do anything special at all. Well, you should try to win. Especially against the 4 players that are above you in the League Table...

Beating any of the 4 players above you on the third GP will let you steal some points from them.

They will lose 10 points if you beat them. 5 will go to you and 5 will go to whoever their lower placed partner is. Don't worry, there's no penalty for failing to beat anyone.

And if you would kindly look at the third GP, you'll see that out of the 4 people who were above @martinist in the League Table, he managed to beat @RedShell, @Nintendo Fan and @BowserBasher. Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark. At least their co-op partners (@S.C.G, @viceview51 and @Gourmet / Esperpento) also benefit. Here are the actual bonus points from this week's task.

CVkOm78.png

And so here's the League table now.

50aLWZQ.png

Well, that certainly shook things up. Lots of movement throughout the board. But not much else to say about this.

Next League Night: 2nd August 8pm

4ThHjfM.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

@RedShell

@Gourmet / Esperpento

I mentioned this last week, but I'll remind you all.

If you're going to take part in the 2nd August theme, I need you to send me a Private Message with a Character/Vehicle Setup.

That's it, easy, huh?

You see, each one of your suggestions will then get randomly distributed to someone taking part for that night. It could even be you who has to use it!

Do you go for a setup that's good for you, or do you go for one that's absolutely horrid with the risk of being lumbered with it? That's up to you.

So get your PM's to me as soon as you can.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that @BowserBasher is the one who suggested this idea.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2