NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

Oh man, I've ordered KFC and it's taking longer than expected...

Watch it arrive at the worst time...

• Haha 3

Now my hard earned points go down the drain on battle mode

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Haha 1

Me barrage of fire? I think it was redshell... But if it was me, sorry...

By the way communication error again.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

So I think it knows if you are hiding out on the top level of Boo Mansion. I got two points from up there then my next two hits didn’t seem to give me points. My guy did his animation to say he hit something but I stayed at two points. 

Unless I just hit another item?

Edited by BowserBasher

Just now, BowserBasher said:

So I think it knows if you are hiding out on the top level of Boo Mansion. I got two points from up there then my next two hits didn’t seem to give me points. My guy did his animation to say he hit something but I stayed at two points. 

Actually that happened to me once. I can explain it though.

Lag, on your side an item connected with something, but on the recipients side, they barely avoided it. When this happens, it looks like they hit something, but they keep going at full speed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

Actually that happened to me once. I can explain it though.

Lag, on your side an item connected with something, but on the recipients side, they barely avoided it. When this happens, it looks like they hit something, but they keep going at full speed.

That makes sense. I should have stayed up there then. Lol

OK double helping of highlights here as I never got around to last weeks.

Spoiler

Spoiler

It wasn't until after I hit @martinist that I realised it was him and he was my random task partner.

For some reason, Twitter won't let me post the second one of these where I pretty much did exactly the same thing to @Glen-i from the same spot. I think the second shot landed right on him. Wish I would post it.

I think I found it.

Well that was certainly a better night for me than last week, apart from the battle mode in which I normally don't do too well at.

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Haha 2

Well, here's my handful of Battle highlights.

10 hours ago, viceview51 said:

Me barrage of fire? I think it was redshell... But if it was me, sorry...

• Haha 3

@viceview51 after the recalculation, your score for GP1 is 31 and for GP3, it's 22.

Your average right now is 31.3, do you want to keep those scores?

11 hours ago, martinist said:

Just going to leave these here

That right there is why I should never try to multitask. :laughing: 

• Haha 1

[mention=4622]viceview51[/mention] after the recalculation, your score for GP1 is 31 and for GP3, it's 22.
Your average right now is 31.3, do you want to keep those scores?
Hello Glen-i, you can keep both. Thank you.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Note: @viceview51 got a score of 18 in GP1. Scores displayed are before recalculation.

DtQRSvKU8AEzEsY.jpg:large

DtPGGPmUUAAEbvK.jpg:large

5rzsAfd.png

Scores shown after a + symbol are your points from the Co-op Grand Prix and oh bugger, there's that dreaded question mark again...

Yep, @Vileplume2000 got a different task to everyone else. But it's a little different than the other times... Here's what I sent him

Prophecy of Doom

Predict the winner of each GP, if that person places in the top 3. You steal points depending on how they did!
You must choose a different person in each GP.

Simple, right? Obviously, don't choose yourself. And I count as well. So you can choose me.

When you reply, I promise not to look until the night is over. So I won't be able to sabotage you knowingly.
If you come first, don't worry. I'll still take the top 3 people that aren't you into account.

And here's who he chose.

Ha, Prophecy of Doom, sounds good. :grin: All right, as for my predictions:

GP1: Glen-i

GP2: BowserBasher

GP3: RedShell

So let me break this down, if he predicted you'd win in a GP and you came 1st in that specific GP, he'd steal 10 points. If you came second, he steals 6 points. Coming third will make you lose 3 points to him.

In GP1, I came second. In GP2, @BowserBasher came second and in GP3, @RedShell came third.
So taking that into account, here's the actual scores in GP3.

mDPJSiA.png

snW7fNx.png

@viceview51 is this week's Player who made no bloody difference. Clearly, those connection issues were just you gunning for that award. Kudos!
@martinist pulls off his 10th GP win this week and I manage to close the gap between @RedShell and me.

Next week's theme is still under preparation, but I can tell you this. Keep an eye on this thread. The final two weeks are going to be a little different and it would be wise to declare yourself IN! as soon as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

OK, sit down guys, this one needs a bit of explanation.

Next League Night: 6th December 8pm

MKzGFtu.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

@RedShell

If you've been paying attention, you'll know that it's really bloody close between the top two racers. There's only 2 weeks left and it's anyone's game!
So it's time to settle this! Unfortunately, Smash Ultimate isn't out until the day after, so this will have to do. I call this theme...

Red Turtles Vs Blue Chameleons

I'm gonna send everyone a Private Message with further instructions. So get your declarations IN! as soon as you can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since I'm lazy, I didn't bother unlocking the gold kart, or the "golden wheels". I'm guessing the alternative are the standard parts, right?

I have at least one gold kart part... possibly two... we can mix and mis-match? Right? R-r-right?