NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

Well, I have stuff to do. But for now. Here's the craziest part of the night which happened before we even started.

4sRw0hh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

What!? :heh: 

You know exactly what you tried to pull on Wario's Gold Mine.

And so will everyone else!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You know exactly what you tried to pull on Wario's Gold Mine.

And so will everyone else!

Hey, at least it backfired spectacularly. :hehe: 

• Haha 1

Well GP1 wasn't the best for me but I was able to make up for it on the other two.

Also of note is the amazing banked and totally meant it shot that hit @Glen-i

• Haha 3

Before I get started on the final results for this half. Here's a hell of a lot of highlights!

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eye

And now for a special section that I like to call...

People who should really stop ramming into me

• Haha 2

Dg0TPBoUwAAG4Yl.jpg

Dg0TUQRVMAAugsW.jpg

Dg0TYlZVQAEcamv.jpg

And that's the end of the first half of this year's League. So, it's time to acknowledge the top 3 best utter Jerks who play Mario Kart too much! (Remember, you need at least 50% attendance for your score to count)

Their profile pictures shall be forever immortalized in our hall of glory...

...with pastel drawings... done in about a minute... and with not much care... or backgrounds...

3rd Place

BowserBasher

D9eHaDM.png

Our resident room host clearly rigged the odds in his favour. But unfortunately, I can't prove that, so he nabs 3rd place with an average of 31.4 and a Top 3 Percentage of 47%. Which is impressive, given his high attendance. It's remarkable consistency that helped him triumph. He did get the highest amount of 3rd places.

BowserBasher is the player most likely to not actually pick Bowser, given the option.

2nd Place

RedShell

r9Q9yGY.png

Last year's mini League winner could only manage 2nd this time. I say that like it's a bad thing, but it's not. Maybe he just couldn't handle the Blue Shells this time. Still, an average of 38.3 is quite the comfortable lead over 3rd place. His top 3 percentage of 73% was pretty damn good as well. He's also the only player to get at least 10 GP places in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Nice. He also got the highest sheer amount of points (2529) and the highest amount of 2nd places. (No Blue Shell award yet. That's only at the end of the year)

RedShell is the player most likely to throw a Red Shell backwards in 6th place.

1st Place

Glen-i

P787Niw.png

Woo! I did it. My first League win! I'd like to thank you lot, but then I remember you all tried to stop me. I got an average of 41.9 and a top 3 percentage of 80%. Will I be able to pull it off again for the second half? Eh... Maybe. It might just be a fluke. I do use those darn Motion Controls and those wacky inward drifting bikes.

I'm the player most likely to get my Red Shells blocked by a wildly thrown Green Shell.

Here's the official final placing.

pXWkLJi.png

And here's the final placing with the low attendees.

Spoiler

YtVEZSc.png

@BowserBasher, @martinist, @Vileplume2000, @Nintendo Fan, @S.C.G and @viceview51 are all players who made no bloody difference. That's remarkable. 2 thirds of you decided, "Nah, I'm happy with my score, I'll stop there"
@Vileplume2000 couldn't quite pull away from @Dcubed in the end. Leaving a rather unsatisfying draw between the two...

Thanks for taking part!

• Thanks 2

Right then, we might as well get the second half started now! Yeah! Clean Slate! If you've been put off by having a low attendance, now's the time to join! 50% attendance will get you in the final results!

Oh, but before I post the first theme. I have an announcement... For this second half, we're doing things a little different. Because I'm mental like that. I present to you...

m8iIt15.png

What is the Random Task Edition?

It's the Mario Kart League, except I'm gonna dish out Random Tasks to the players that declare themselves IN early-ish each week. Successfully pulling off the week's task will net you bonus points. Fail the task however, and you get docked points.

How does it work?

Every player who declares their IN-ness before I post the Theme reminder on Thursday will get a Private Message with their random task. If the player successfully performs the task, they will have 10 bonus points added to their race score. Fail the task, and they lose 10 points.

That doesn't sound so bad, if everyone has to do it, then it's fair.

Oh, did I forget to mention that not everyone gets the same task? Your task will not be the same as everyone else's. There will be 3 different tasks that you could get. You must also keep your task secret. No blabbing.

Can I abstain?

Sure you can, just tell me so when you declare yourself IN. Or declare yourself IN after the Thursday reminder. But you're throwing away precious points. So you probably want to just go for it.

Wait, what about you?

I'll get Dcubed or Ugh First Aid to delegate a task for me.

This is stupid.

Yeah, I don't care! We're doing this.

I'll post the rules in the first post so you guys can easily look through it.

Next League Night: 5th July 8pm

YfzGZ5M.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

We're starting with a nice simple theme to get your head around the new Random Task aspect. Declare yourself IN before Thursday's Theme reminder to get your random task.

If you want to be in the Always IN! List, let me know. (@viceview51 you'll need to reapply for this if you still want in)

There's also a list for people who always want to do the Random Task. If you want in on this, let me know.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

Awesome stuff, Glen-i. Loving the pastel profile pics! :D
And this:

RedShell is the player most likely to throw a Red Shell backwards in 6th place.

:laughing:

Congratulations on the win too! No mean feat considering the constant barrage of attacks you have to endure every race, 99.9% of which are probably sent your way by me. :heh: Like that "Bloody hell!" Bob-omb you narrowly avoided on GBA Mario Circuit last night... :grin:

Anyway, looking forward to the next part of the league. Very curious about these random tasks too, so yeah, I be IN for next week! :hehe:

Edited by RedShell
  • Thanks 1

Throw your hands IN the air, if you'se a true player

Just put me in the always in list. @Glen-i

Edited by martinist
I don't need a reason! don't tell me what to do!
  • Thanks 1

Awesome rewards for the top three there @Glen-i  very happy with my 3rd place. 

Declaring always in for the tasks too. This could be fun or just plain strange. 

• Thanks 1

I know I just put myself in the always in list but I won't be able to make it tonight due to real-world circumstances....

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

IN!

You're free to join and play as usual, but I don't have the time to give you your random task. Sorry.

No problem, I know the deadline for that is before your reminder post. It's just that Thursday nights are too random for me to declare in our out far in advance.

Edited by Vileplume2000

Wow. What a start to the league. That last GP was amazing and went right down to the last corner of the last race with me losing out because of a blue shell when in third.