NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

13 minutes ago, Nintendo Fan said:

My brother wants to join us today if that's cool? @Glen-i

I'm trying to get him to join the league.

Totally fine.

EDIT: For the new page.

C2VPRIU.png

Spoiler

Tanooki Kart - Use the Koopa Clown (Not available at the start, tell me if you don't have either).

Funky Monster - Use the Monster Tyres.

Flower Glider - Use the Parachute.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nintendo Fan said:

My brother wants to join us today if that's cool? @Glen-i

I'm trying to get him to join the league.

The more the crazier. 

• Haha 1

No! @viceview51, don't even try gazumping me at the last second there on Yoshi Valley!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

Comm Error, GP 2, Race 2...

Just after I'd placed 3rd in the previous race, of course. :indeed:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wow, @S.C.G I hope that second place was worth the unspeakable deed you did.

What unspeakable deed might this be? I've genuinely just removed all memory of the last race from my mind. :p

We'll just have to wait for the highlights, but I'm going to tentatively say... it was *possibly worth it... just a little bit... to come joint-second place. :blush:

*Opinion may vary after viewing back the highlight footage, apology possibly incoming, release date TBA 2018. :heh:

• Haha 1

I pretty much had one good race then one bad race throughout the night. Some great fun though.

If anyone noticed the guy that went really far behind on Shy Guy Falls that was me. I had a call that I had to answer and stupidly tried to answer it on the first corner. Amazingling I came back to get second place. Anyway, highlight time. :blush:

Enjoy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

And here's a bunch I got.

I got @Vileplume2000's twitter handle wrong. Oopsies. Anyway, here's me not letting @viceview51 have one race.

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

What unspeakable deed might this be? I've genuinely just removed all memory of the last race from my mind. :p

Anyway, in the second GP, @S.C.G disconnected. Your score for that was 20, which is lower than your average. You still want me to keep it?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

And here's a bunch I got.

I got @Vileplume2000's twitter handle wrong. Oopsies. Anyway, here's me not letting @viceview51 have one race.

Anyway, in the second GP, @S.C.G disconnected. Your score for that was 20, which is lower than your average. You still want me to keep it?

Oh right... that. :blush:

Yeah... I have nothing to say in my defence apart from... It was the Fire Flower demon! He made me do it! I had no control over my actions. (please forgive me):cry:

*ahem!* sorry about that... it (probably) won't happen again. :p (I promise)

Yes please, I would still like to maintain my 100% attendance, if possible. :smile:

By the way, I just wanted to say, thank you for the effort you put into hosting this league, this week's theme was exceptional as well. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DcTjjJFV4AA0NOS.jpg

DcTjr-FVMAEmCBy.jpg

Note: @S.C.G disconnected, so his actual score was 15 (20 after the recalculation), which puts him in 8th place.

DcTjzCSVwAApy5G.jpg

LORnncx.png

First of all, welcome to @Nintendo Fan's brother, who I will refer to by his Mii username "FunkOps", who debuts by placing himself right behind his brother. I love great coincidences like that. Naturally, everyone he overtook goes down by 1 place. The only person who actually shifted around the table was @Nintendo Fan. Although he's only 0.1 points behind 9th place.

Everyone's averages changed, so no useless awards this week. But I'm not overlooking the joint 2nd place in the 3rd GP between @martinist, @RedShell and @S.C.G. After last week's triple 1st place, I'm starting to think you lot are planning this. I look forward to the triple 3rd place next week.

Next League Night: 10th May 8pm

3f6w2Ml.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been out for more than a year now, so I think it's time to celebrate with...

bling.gif

Nothing says "I've played too much Mario Kart" like ugly, tacky gold that no person with actual taste would be seen using. Well, here's your chance to show how much better you are than everyone else. Not through actual racing skill, mind. That don't matter. Style over Substance.

Don't worry though, even if you don't have all the gold you'd need to put the entire hip-hop community to shame, you have 2 options to you.

Spoiler

Gold Mario - Come first in all 12 cups in 200cc Grand Prix.

Gold Kart - Achieve at least a 1-Star Ranking on all 12 cups in Mirror Grand Prix.

Gold Wheels - Defeat all 48 Staff Ghosts in 150cc Time Trials.

Gold Glider - Collect a grand total of 5,000 coins.

Spoiler

Gold Mario - Use Metal Mario

Gold Kart - Use the Bounder

Gold Wheels - Use the Metal Wheels (Not available from the start, tell me if you don't have them)

Gold Glider - Use the Plane Glider

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

No! @viceview51, don't even try gazumping me at the last second there on Yoshi Valley!

That was noble from you @Glen-i, saving me from the jaws of victory. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

Last night was one of the crazier ones for sure, every time I made progress I'd get hit repeatedly and end up last. Having my brother there laughing at my expense only intensified the raging lol. Well that's Mario Kart right. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, I won races that I should have lost and lost races that I should have won. So typical night of Mario Kart

Some highlights are on Twitter, may embed them later but for now use hashtag #NELeague to find them!

• Thanks 1

I would have won GP3 if I didn't screw up so hard on the last race >_<

EDIT: Been grinding out the Single Player for gold mario / parts. I didn't know you got new title screens for doing the mirror GPs ^_^

Also time trials were a bitch, just finished them today for the wheels. Just need to grind out coins for the glider and i'm done.

Edited by martinist
Didn't want to double post
  • Like 2

Got another tweet added to the Nintendo VS Uk moment again this week. Much better than the last one too. It was my one from Tick Tock Clock. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IN

Finally got everything I needed last night. Those coins took a while >_>

Edited by martinist
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

IN!

Without the *bling* unfortunately!

I'll be sure to look down on your peasanty ways.

• Like 1

I'll try and make it tonight. May be a few mins late. Will confirm beforehand.

• Thanks 1

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

3f6w2Ml.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

@Vileplume2000

@Nicktendo (May be a bit late)

Spoiler

Gold Mario - Come first in all 12 cups in 200cc Grand Prix.

Gold Kart - Achieve at least a 1-Star Ranking on all 12 cups in Mirror Grand Prix.

Gold Wheels - Defeat all 48 Staff Ghosts in 150cc Time Trials.

Gold Glider - Collect a grand total of 5,000 coins.

Spoiler

Gold Mario - Use Metal Mario

Gold Kart - Use the Bounder

Gold Wheels - Use the Metal Wheels (Not available from the start, tell me if you don't have them)

Gold Glider - Use the Plane Glider

Edited by Glen-i