NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

7 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

@RedShell Was that you?

Maybe... :heh:

Spoiler

Yes. :D 

Almost got away with it too, damn Mario Kartma! :laughing: 

• Haha 1

GP1

cwV6dYR.jpg

GP2

KSLYAzb.jpg

Note: @viceview51's score is actually 19. It's higher than his average, so I kept it.
Anyway, here's the GP3 scores after recalculation with the "Co-op Grand Prix" bonus points applied.

hlP16Ft.png

@martinist was meant to be paired up with @Dcubed, but he couldn't make it. So @martinist gets the maximum points. Only fair.

Wait, why does this table give me strange deja vu? WAIT! OH NO!

CrispPointedAustraliansilkyterrier-max-1

Yep, before the league started, I sent @viceview51 this Private Message.

You might have noticed that there's no-one else in the address bar that's playing tonight. And you might have remembered what happened on the first Player's choice night of this league. Simply put, this week, you are...

The Saboteur

Beat the three people currently in front of you in GP3 and you'll steal points from them.

For reference, the three players currently in front of you are RedShell, martinist and BowserBasher. Beat them in GP3 and you force them to give 5 points each to you and whoever their co-op buddy is.

There is no penalty for failing to beat any of them.

So ignoring the bonus points. @martinist was the only one to be beaten by @viceview51 in GP3. Which means that @martinist loses 10 points while @viceview51 and @Dcubed gets 5 points.
@BowserBasher dodged a Bullet Bill there! This close to losing 10 points!

lJr561o.png

Dcubed's points get added to his last League appearance.

IDOV7Jk.png

One thing that amused me in the GP3 results was that @BowserBasher and @Gourmetsalt made each other get the same amount of points. That's some proper teamwork there!

Next League Night: 11th October 8pm

x5O2X3d.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

@RedShell

@Gourmetsalt

The other Rainbow Roads got jealous, so I put them in this League Night to shut them up. You ever have 2 technicolour racetracks shouting at you? Well, I have. Next time, switch up your tracks! It's in the rules.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 3

Next League Night: Tonight 8pm

x5O2X3d.png

Room1 @BowserBasher is host

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

@RedShell

@Gourmetsalt

Phone glitched and centered a bit that I didn't want centered... Oh well.

Like last time @BowserBasher, get those end results captured for me please, cheers. Oh, and if there's 6 or fewer players tonight, get some hard CPU's in there. Stop it feeling so empty.

As for the rest of you. The Random Task is a secret task this week! You won't have to do anything to jeporadise your races, I promise.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Phone glitched and centered a bit that I didn't want centered... Oh well.

Personally, I like it. 😁

Disconnection on the first race gp1, due to the controllers. First time ever.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gourmetsalt said:

SOmeone tell me Simon's address, please.

It’s 123 fake street, fake town, USA. 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gourmetsalt said:

SOmeone tell me Simon's address, please.

10 Downing street London.

Let me know when you go, I'll be around to film whatever you're doing.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 2

When it's convenient, @BowserBasher could you send me the cup results of all three GP's? Along with the end of race results for GP1. (First and second race is good enough, I can figure the rest out after that)

I

9 hours ago, Glen-i said:

When it's convenient, @BowserBasher could you send me the cup results of all three GP's? Along with the end of race results for GP1. (First and second race is good enough, I can figure the rest out after that)

On it now. Had full day work weekends.

• Thanks 1

CrQ8FfT.png

GP2

IKsQOPA.jpg

GP3

baUTdWz.jpg

I'm sure some of you are wondering what the secret task was this week. I suppose I can tell you...

Exciting Close Results!

The smaller the point difference between you and another racer in GP3, the more bonus points you get.

Bit of a weird one, I know. But I feel like those close shaves are the most interesting, so why not reward that? After all...

OH, COME ON!

6 of you had a one point difference!? Bloody hell! Well, at least you can't say I don't think of these tasks before the results are in...

So everyone gets 12 points except for @S.C.G, who gets 4 points for the 3 point difference.

e28KVe9.png

@Vileplume2000 is this week's Player who made no Bloody Difference. Absent for 2 weeks and then you don't even make a ripple? Impressive.
The Mole has been temporarily removed from the table due to inactivity and lower than 50% attendance. Other than that, no change in the placings.

Next League Night: 18th October 8pm

8LJ8fjD.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

@RedShell

@Gourmetsalt

It's the return of Koopa's Morning Constitutional. We all know the Koopa Troopas don't actually live in Bowser's Castle. So it's time to bust out the sensible Mercedes and travel to work. Don't be the last one there. Last thing you need is to get fired.

Shut up! It's funny!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Gourmetsalt said:

Somebody explain to me why, while being on 3rd place, I get TWO COINS FROM A DOUBLE BOX.

It's Mario Kart. Fucking you over is what it does best.

Edited by martinist
  • Haha 2

Mushroom only really does spice up the races. It can still be close but if you mess up it's pretty much race over. Happened to me on Grumble Volcano and I just couldn't recover.

Results sent to @Glen-i and highlights to come from me later. Also a good night in that we had no disconnects.

• Thanks 1

I won't be here next week. Flying out to Las Vegas on Wednesday The next night I can get there for is November 1st @Glen-i

• Thanks 1