NEurope
Glen-i

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2018 (Final results now in)

Drat. I was going to say @viceview51 too, due to picking the track last, but I couldn’t see any remotes on the back of a single Kart and I was starting last a few times. Do we get proof you had it on? Not disputing it just thought that it showed up when racing. 

I don't think you can see the antenna at the back of the karts. Only the person using smart steering can, I think.

11 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Drat. I was going to say @viceview51 too, due to picking the track last, but I couldn’t see any remotes on the back of a single Kart and I was starting last a few times. Do we get proof you had it on? Not disputing it just thought that it showed up when racing. 

Not when you're racing.

But you can tell from the behaviour.  Sudden swerves, stuff like that.

That's the point. Be too easy if you could just see the antenna.

I can tell through MKTV to make sure he wasn't pulling shenanigans.

Edited by Glen-i

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Not when you're racing.

But you can tell from the behaviour.  Sudden swerves, stuff like that.

That's the point. Be too easy if you could just see the antenna.

I can tell through MKTV to make sure he wasn't pulling shenanigans.

Fair enough, I thought I’d seen it before must have been in single player mode. 

Get ready to laugh your butts off at my expense, that's pretty much what all these are going to be.

And that pretty much sums up my night. Atrocious.

• Haha 2

That hashtag, @BowserBasher Perfect!

Here's some of our highlights.

Dcubed highlights (Left Screen)

Glen-i highights (Left Screen)

Dual Screen Madness

Now normally, I'd wait until I post the League table to reveal next week's theme, but the more time you have to prepare, the better. So, without further ado, it's the theme night you've secretly been waiting for all year. Yep, it's the one based off of...

maxresdefault.jpg

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air turns 28 this week, so it's high time for the return of the secret best Theme of last year, wouldn't you say?

Next League Night: 13th September 8pm

1KeSY6Z.png

Room 1: @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@viceview51

@martinist

@RedShell

@Gourmet / Esperpento

So, as a reminder and an explanation for anyone who's new to this. This Theme night involves using specially created Miis based off of the 8 main characters of the show. Thankfully, @RedShell has provided some fantastic Fresh Prince Miis for you to recreate.

Zj0Nzlv.jpg

• You only have to recreate the one you want to use. Get to that Mii Maker and use the above picture to help you get it right. Don't forget about the option to fine tune facial features.
  • When you finish with your Mii, make sure you name it in a way that others can recognise as you. So, S.C.G might name a Will Mii "S.C.Will" or Gourmet/Esperpento might go with "GourJazz"
  • When you declare yourself IN, mention which character you'll be using, because it'd be pretty dope if we could have at least one of each character next week.

giphy.gif

Edited by Glen-i
I was 10 years off, thanks RedShell
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air turns 18 this week

You mean 28. ;)

Anyway, I be Geoffrey. 

• Thanks 1

Dmf6Y86VsAAdfhL.jpg

Dmf6dL2U0AE5FMv.jpg

Dmf6hlRUYAAcJ5U.jpg

SvFEx8w.png

@RedShell, @viceview51 and @Nintendo Fan predicted the correct Season and gets two points added to their last appearance in the League. Don't worry @Nintendo Fan, your points got added to your score from last week.

As for the actual Random Task, "Who's Using Smart Steering?" Here's how it plays out. @viceview51 was the Smart Steerer and started with 20 bonus points. However, @Dcubed and @martinist caught him out! They nick 5 of those points each for themselves.
So @viceview51 is left with 10 points. @Dcubed and @martinist get 5 points. Everyone else loses 5 points. Failure is unacceptable!

It's worth noting that @Dcubed got the exact same score in all three GP's. How's that for consistency? @Nintendo Fan managed to raise his average without even taking part! Is that a first? I feel like that's a first.

That's that then. Get to making those Miis!

• Thanks 6

Unfortunately I will most probably not be able to take part this week. Family holiday time of the year. If the park has decent WiFi and I can get on then maybe I’ll take part but I don’t think I will. Dang shame the best theme ever is happening this week too. Oh well, I’ll be back the week after. 

opu0pt.jpg

giphy.gif

Y'all know I'm gonna go with my main man Will.

:cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gonna be sing Jazz also if there are no objections. Just tell me to change to another mii if there are.

Also I might as well stick some highlights in here.

Edited by martinist
Highlights
  • Haha 3

Guys, won’t be making tomorrow. No WiFi on the park. Have fun. Bummed I’m missing the best theme ever. 

• Thanks 1

Were not for tonight's Direct, @martinist would have been dead already, you bloody treacherous bastard. I would have won the last cup if it were not for you.

Someone correct my grammar.