NEurope
MindFreak

Nintendo Labo

8 minutes ago, killthenet said:

The robot only actually requires two joy con from what I can see, the left joy con attaches to the head and the right joy con sits in the backpack and tracks the position of the levers with the IR camera, the levers move as you move your arms and legs so it interprets the movement of the levers into the movement of the robot on screen. I think most of the applications will use the IR camera to track movement and interaction.

Good call sorry, I thought at first glance there were joy-con in your hands and ankles but didn't consider the levers/pulley system

What the hell?! that is mental! i wish this was a thing when i was a kid! i'd have loved something like this

I think i'm too old now I might get the variety set

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, it's basically expensive printed cardboard.  I saw something on Twitter (and Eurogamer had the same), slap the Nintendo logo on anything and people will buy it.  I'm sort of agreeing with @Grazza with this.  Nintendo are seeing success with the Switch, in a similar way to the Wii.

8 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

So, it's basically expensive printed cardboard.  I saw something on Twitter (and Eurogamer had the same), slap the Nintendo logo on anything and people will buy it.  I'm sort of agreeing with @Grazza with this.  Nintendo are seeing success with the Switch, in a similar way to the Wii.

This is gonna be a recurring thing, isn't it? People are gonna overlook that there's an actual software card included all the time.

44 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

This is gonna be a recurring thing, isn't it? People are gonna overlook that there's an actual software card included all the time.

Aye, i know.  Let's say the software is approx £40.  Still pretty expensive cardboard though to cover the rest of the cost. 

But it’s not just cardboard - there’s elastic bands and reflective tape too :) these are feats of engineering though. Not easy to design. Is that not valuable? I think £10-20 cheaper would be perfect, but people keep saying £70 for some cardboard?!? Which is just a tad hyperbolic. 

Also thonk its funny people saying bevause the switch is popular this is evidence they’re seeing this like the Wii now  like this could’ve all been designed branded and developed in a couple of months 🤣 And clearly why the camera was put in there...

• Like 1

The use of cardboard is another example of Nintendo's 'lateral thinking with cheaper technology' approach they've been pushing since the Game Boy. It's worked out pretty well for them in the past.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Not convinced a sample of one is a good test of whether the vides successful or not. I’ve read so many tweets and such of parents showing their children and them loving it. 

My kid is 2.5. Bit too young.  Gutted. Though I think he’ll like watching me make it... YES HE WILL!!!!

yeah but by April he'll be 2.75. Plenty old enough if you ask me.

The multi kit seems a fair price considering you get 5 different sets in that box.

The Robot does seem expensive, but if this was online and you were battling each other then it's worth the price. Also, did I spy VR headset in the robot video?

Almost like Nintendo are saying PSVR for £300. No bruvs we've made one out of cardboard. lols

People keep saying expensive card board and I don't think people realise how expensive card board is these days! when I moved house my missus bought £50 of boxes from a company and for £50 I thought we were robbed! didn't get many and they were small.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Agent Gibbs said:

People keep saying expensive card board and I don't think people realise how expensive card board is these days! when I moved house my missus bought £50 of boxes from a company and for £50 I thought we were robbed! didn't get many and they were small.

This is so true! As anyone who has mass-sold stuff on eBay can tell you, the cost of cardboard boxes adds up shockingly quickly!

I want a Nintendo Super Scope LABO set with the old SNES games included which supported the original peripheral.

I haven't played Intercept and Mole Patrol for far too long!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t wait to see more of the actual games on this. It’s got that typical Nintendo premium price on it and it’s an easy target. Colour me intrigued but I feel Nintendo’s 2017 success shows that all they really need to do is release good games on Switch to appeal to the masses.

I admit... I just want a new Wave Race...

Edited by tapedeck
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tapedeck said:

I admit... I just want a new Wave Race...

You and me both :hug:

At this point, Wave Race: Blue Storm and 1080 Avalanche on Switch VC would be a cause for celebration!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nekunando said:

You and me both :hug:

At this point, Wave Race: Blue Storm and 1080 Avalanche on Switch VC would be a cause for celebration!

Wave Race: Blue Storm and 1080 Avalanche REMASTERED and I'm with you ;)

Pre ordered my variety pack with Amazon last night, I'm just very enthused by new ways to play; still haven't given VR a good going over but when it's affordable on Xbox One or if it comes to Switch I'll look forward to trying that out properly, too!

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora
  • Like 1

Add me to the list of those dying for Waverace!

They could make it feel so good with the HD Rumble!

Wave race, excitebike, f zero. I want all three. But if we did it would be over a long period of time 😫

wave race number 1 for me though. 

With jetski labo...

It does seem odd that Labo is coming out before the online service is live. Come on Nintendo get your priorities sorted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clownferret said:

It does seem odd that Labo is coming out before the online service is live. Come on Nintendo get your priorities sorted.

They don’t have one team going through a to-do list. I doubt labo has anything at all to do with their online service. 

• Like 4

On 20/01/2018 at 10:45 AM, Kav said:

Add me to the list of those dying for Waverace!

They could make it feel so good with the HD Rumble!

I was playing the shindou edition on N64 the other night. It’s insane how that game is taken up a notch more with rumble. How they got the rumble so perfect back in 1996 still blows my mind. EAD are wizards. (I wish there was an English Shindou translation/patch - there was years ago but it’s lost to the web now!)

Anyway... LABO: With the Amazon BIGTHANKS £10 off a £50 shop code I caved and bought it. Thinking I can use it at work for STEM activities too!

Edited by tapedeck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keep watching the reveal video and it makes me smile every time. There seems to be a a few items in the vid that are not in the initial kits so I'm expecting a steady stream of these. 

The house thing seems very limited in terms of fun, while the motorbike game may have a lot more to it - especially since you can create your own tracks.