NEurope
MindFreak

Nintendo Labo

Best use of Labo I’ve seen so far...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

So Diddy Kong Racing as Labo?

A new Diddy Kong Racing, Pilotwings and Excite Truck died for this. 

• Sad 3

Looks very good, I am sure my daughter would like this.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Looks pretty fantastic! Basically an all new mini Pilotwings game, except on land and sea instead of just in the air.

Edited by Dcubed

51 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Looks pretty fantastic! Basically an all new mini Pilotwings game, except on land and sea instead of just in the air.

It does indeed. Much better (and more varied, ironically :heh:) than the Variety Kit, which I actually lost interest in pretty quickly outside of doing the builds. :hmm:

I'm pretty gutted that these are locked behind Labo. I wouldn't mind just playing them as part of a standard game. :( 

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm pretty gutted that these are locked behind Labo. I wouldn't mind just playing them as part of a standard game. :( 

Yeah, it would be good if they also released the software digitally or as a stand-alone physical release, for those that don't necessarily want to build/own the Toy-Con, but still want to play the game.

I personally love the building process of the Toy-Con, but am not so keen on the size of them and therefore the amount of space they require to store. :hmm: That's the main thing putting me off from picking up the Vehicle Kit (and any other potential kits) right now, I don't really have the space for it all. I'd much prefer smaller Toy-Con (even if they were more fiddly to build) as they would then be a lot easier to keep.

Now this is what I was hoping for, pretty much a full game using the kits. I haven't touched the Variety Kit since building them and even have the piano still to build. But these I can see actually getting some use from. Can't wait for Mario Kart using this as a control method.

Anyone else pick up the vehicle kit over the weekend? Got mine from Nintendo store and now just awaiting to build it. 

23 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Anyone else pick up the vehicle kit over the weekend? Got mine from Nintendo store and now just awaiting to build it. 

I’m still too invested in Monster Hunter at the moment (that, plus the reasons I mentioned above) so decided against picking up the vehicle kit for the time being.

Lets us know how you get on with it! :) 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I'm been VERY tempted to pick it up. The games included in this one looked really good but i'm concerned about how much gameplay time is in each of them.

• Thanks 1

Well that came out of nowhere!

Does this mean that we can start seeing the return of S3D support on Switch?

S3D support for SEGA AGES on Switch! Time to bring it back M2! ;) 

I'd have grave concerns over having my £200 games console say in a cardboard cradle

50 minutes ago, Agent Gibbs said:

I'd have grave concerns over having my £200 games console say in a cardboard cradle

Google has a cardboard VR kit where you can shove your 800£ smartphone in. ;)

But I wonder if this will catch on. First of all you need some good game content as you can buy a £3 VR set for your phone. The games there are mostly tech demos though. So Ninty can make the difference with content.

But I don't think it's going to be a comfortable experience. Resolution is really low, so expect dizzy kids all over the place. Plus Switch is quite heavy and without a headstrap means you have to hold it which can get quite heavy in the long run.

Really weird there's no video to accompany this (yet). Looks fun though

• Like 2

content-4-35724-labovr.jpg

There we are, up on the main page...for what it's worth. :p

I know I'm not the target audience for this but I'm not really that fussed about VR in general...

...unless Nintendo releases a Virtual Boy stand with the goggles seperately and releases Virtual Boy VC games, then we'll talk. ;)

Thanks to @Helmsly for the heads-up, I've credited you at the bottom of the article. :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Very intriguing announcement. Going to be a shame if “VR” on Switch remains exclusive to LABO, but I’m guessing it probably will. 

If they somehow got it working with other games though... Imagine Mario Kart 8 + Toy-Con steering wheel + VR! :o

40 minutes ago, RedShell said:

If they somehow got it working with other games though... Imagine Mario Kart 8 + Toy-Con steering wheel + VR! :o

Isn't that possible as it stands now? Put the game on, put on the goggles and play with motion controls. Probably not a good experience but it may be possible.