NEurope
MindFreak

Nintendo Labo

Amazing! :o

Had no idea the camera in the right Joy-Con could be used for stuff like that. :cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

New videos show a lot of the games themselves:

Wow!

I’m sold, getting it!

22 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Wow.. Labo looks great :hehe: Think I may order the Variety Pack if anyone knows the best deal..?

Base.com is currently the cheapest as far as I can tell, they have the variety pack for £53.85.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Base.com is currently the cheapest as far as I can tell, they have the variety pack for £53.85.

Thanks.. I saw that :smile: I think they take payment straight away if the release date is more than 28 days away so I may just hold out and see if anything comes up between now and then!

Wow. I genuinely had a couple of oh my god moments a couple of times watching the Variety kit video. Definitely doesn't look like there'll be an issue with depth or replayability.

Some of the ideas in there are genius.

- Cut a piece of paper into the shape of a fish and scan it into the fishing game
- Use the joy-con camera to scan objects and build a stadium in the motorbike game
- Make a custom circuit by moving/steering the joy-con around
- Rhythm cards and the whole cut out a wave worm from paper and make your own sounds in the piano

The recording studio is also a great idea for the piano, YouTube will be full of people's creations.

They've seriously thought all this through :bowdown:

• Like 1

The first reveal made this whole thing seem like a neat little experiment or product. This last trailer makes it look like a more thoroughly fleshed out piece of artwork. Can’t wait to see what else this has in store. 

• Like 1

Really impressive stuff, Labo is a weird dichotomy - it seems totally Nintendo but not Nintendo at the same time, the amount of customisation seems really cool. Cutting sound waves out of cardboard and scanning them in with the IR camera is just crazy. 

It’s  all just staggeringly good to be honest. Really wish Hugo was a little older. 5+ seems dreamy for this. But I’ll enjoy it: would just love to experience it with a kid. Properly. Can’t wait to see what more labo packs are coming this year. 

Roll up, roll up!

580xX_Email_Nintendo-Labo-Header_Gifts-012655.jpg

Get your cardboard here! :D

Available for pre-order in the good old Nintendo Store.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Weird that the robot set is PEGI 7... There aren't any humans you're fighting, just other robots and buildings! 

Edit: Oh wait... I forgot that there's a 2 player fighting mode that was recently announced for it, that's probably the cause then.

Edited by Dcubed

New trailer for ToyCon Garage.

Can someone explain to me: Is this a stand-alone package or part of the Variety Kit?

• Like 2

That's insanely clever, not to mention all the free advertising they'll get when YouTube is flooded with great inventions

43 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Can someone explain to me: Is this a stand-alone package or part of the Variety Kit?

Comes included in both kits

• Thanks 1

This is exactly what I was hoping for, it's a brilliant and simple way to teach kids the logic of programming. I can't wait to mess around with it myself!

• Like 1

Daaaaaaamn! :o 

Labo is going to be huge I reckon. I mean the standard stuff looks really fun anyway, but the scope for customisation and of course  experimentation seems on another level! :cool: Was not expecting it to be as deep as this, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Daaaaaaamn! :o 

Labo is going to be huge I reckon. I mean the standard stuff looks really fun anyway, but the scope for customisation and of course  experimentation seems on another level! :cool: Was not expecting it to be as deep as this, that’s for sure.

Yeah, I'm mega impressed by what I've seen so far. Might pick the variety pack up myself even though I have no kids... Classic Nintendo: easy to pick up, tough to master! :heh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicktendo said:

Yeah, I'm mega impressed by what I've seen so far. Might pick the variety pack up myself even though I have no kids... Classic Nintendo: easy to pick up, tough to master! :heh:

Yeh.. I reckon I'll pick up the variety pack too :grin:

• Like 1

This just keeps getting better. Though does it seem that you may need a second pair of joy cons as shown with the tank in that. 

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

This just keeps getting better. Though does it seem that you may need a second pair of joy cons as shown with the tank in that. 

Indeed.

Pretty sure the tank thing can be controlled via the switch touch screen too though, and that they're just showing how it can also be done with additional controllers because the screen was being used for the hit display in that particular example.

So many possibilities with LABO :love:

I ordered the Variety Pack earlier this week and can't wait :yay:

• Like 1

I wish they'd sell the Toycon Garage seperately for say 10 or 15 euros in the E-shop though. I suspect Labo will be a hit, but I also suspect it would be an even bigger hit if they'd simply sell the garage seperately. It also needs a way for people to share their creations (the used settings) easily.