Charlie

Nintendo Event - TONIGHT 10pm

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Oh, it's happening.

OS LEVEL VOICE CHAT.

It's because of the kids.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

A gamified application with dedicated peripherals aimed at young children that will confince them (their parents) to buy a Switch. Just the same way as Wii Fit did with its target audience. Smart strategy as that target audience is the future gaming demographic and is currently very unaware/uninterested regarding Nintendo.

This sounds like it’s some sort of creative application (like Mario Paint or Minecraft); probably using the joy-con’s motion controls and HD rumble.

High hopes for this one! I love Nintendo’s creation games/apps like Mario Paint and Wii Music, so I’m all over this!

• Like 1

Interesting. Sounds like a smart strategy to broaden the target market to attract kids. Hopefully the "kids at heart" part means us lot can enjoy whatever it is too :D

Really is a rollercoaster with Nintendo. Who knows what they're planning!!

Edited by Ronnie

The description just reads...

"Tune in at 10pm UK time tonight to discover a new interactive experience for Nintendo Switch that’s specially crafted for kids and those who are kids at heart."

Personally I think it's likely to be an artistic application which merges the best of Mario Paint with Art Academy and possibly a smattering of Nintendo Letterbox. :p

It will likely come with a special stylus for portable mode, utliise the Joy Con motion controls as @Dcubed pointed out when in docked mode or even Tabletop mode. :D

Amiibo support sounds like it'll be agiven, with possible unlockable bonuses such a stamps or even lessons being available depending on the individual or type of amiibo you have. :indeed:

Naturally more figures will be made specifically from this potential new IP which will feature an Artist Character which could even be simply Mario as an Artist although I wouldn't mind Adeleine from the Kirby games. ;)

You'll be able to share your artwork by either taking screenshots just as you normally do, there will possibly be a Photo Mode in the software with loads of neat videogame themed frames.

Expanding on that, there will likely be different filters to go with these frames, possibly GameBoy style etc similar to the ones available in Super Mario Odyssey.

Or it could be something completely crazy... this is Nintendo afterall. :grin:

See you all at 10PM. :peace:

• Like 1

I think we should keep expectations extremely low. It will not be aimed at traditional gamers, or even gamers at all. It will be primarely aimed at (very) young kids. I’m thinking more towards ideas like the Coderpillar, but based on the Switch. Maybe some kindergarten application 1-2-Switch style?

I’m keeping Wii Fit, the vitality sensor and the QoL plans in mind. More out of the box than most other stuff they’ve been releasing these past years.

• Like 1

Interesting but yeah, given the wording I won’t get my hopes up. It’d be cool if it was QOL but I’m sure I heard recently they’ve shelved it 

I think I read something from Kimishima recently that mentioned that the QoL stuff was still in development but I would doubt that is something they would be aiming at kids. I'm racking my brain to think of what casual/kid focused thing they could be doing. The coding idea sounds cool but the wording of the announcement makes it seem like it would be something more immediately fun than that. Very curious to see what this announcement entails.

Of course, the other angle on this event is... what if it's all a massive troll by Nintendo?

The whole thing is going live at 10PM UK time,  just made me think it's odd to have something go live that's supposedly for kids at a time which might be deemed to late for them to be up.

Or it's just an odd way the timings worked out but before when there's been a Direct at after 10PM there have been 18 rated titles.

Meh, probably a completely off the wall last minute prediction but I just thought it would be worth making it noted... just in case. :p

That and the thought of parents tuning in to it thinking "Oh there's a new thing for kids from Nintendo coming out, let's check it out..."

*10PM*

*Footage starts*

"Pegi 18"

"What is this?!?"

*Gunshots fired, police siren, helicopter noises*

Rockstar Presents.... GTA V Kill-Switch edition!

:grin:

Anyway... not long now to find out either way. :)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Of course, the other angle on this event is... what if it's all a massive troll by Nintendo?

The whole thing is going live at 10PM UK time,  just made me think it's odd to have something go live that's supposedly for kids at a time which might be deemed to late for them to be up.

Or it's just an odd way the timings worked out but before when there's been a Direct at after 10PM there have been 18 rated titles.

Meh, probably a completely off the wall last minute prediction but I just thought it would be worth making it noted... just in case. :p

That and the thought of parents tuning in to it thinking "Oh there's a new thing for kids from Nintendo coming out, let's check it out..."

*10PM*

*Footage starts*

"Pegi 18"

"What is this?!?"

*Gunshots fired, police siren, helicopter noises*

Rockstar Presents.... GTA V Kill-Switch edition!

:grin:

Anyway... not long now to find out either way. :)

It starts at 7am Japan time. Although it is funny it's so late for us. :laughing:

Sorry for being a party pooper.

• Haha 1

I'm just gonna post this here: We will all be wondering why the hell we botered watching this when it is done :p

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this