NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Furi

It's out now, and has my interest, but I think I prefer to hear some comments / recommendations on it first. That is, if there members who have played the game other than those who have already posted in the non-Switch thread.

I'm currently working on a review and have an interview with the developers for the site as well, I won't say too much but if you like beat em ups/boss fights, and surreal and intriguing story telling, I wouldnt hesitate to pick it up

• Like 2

Just now, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I'm currently working on a review and have an interview with the developers for the site as well, I won't say too much but if you like beat em ups/boss fights, and surreal and intriguing story telling, I wouldnt hesitate to pick it up

I’ve also heard some excellent things about the soundtrack; how did you find it, if you can say anything about it?

2 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

I’ve also heard some excellent things about the soundtrack; how did you find it, if you can say anything about it?

Yeah the embargo has been and gone (I've been really ill last few days so not done much of any work) so I just don't want to spoil, but yeah soundtrack is really enjoyable and memorable too. Honestly I really like the game overall, I think it's really interesting and plays well too!

Could be headed for an infamous 8/10 like Mario Odyssey if it isn't careful ;)

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bob said:

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

SHUT UP AND BUY THE GAME.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

SHUT UP AND BUY THE GAME.

THAT IS AN ELEGANT ARGUMENT, GOOD SIR!

• Like 3

Counter-unelegant-argument, I got the game free via PS+ and didn’t really care for it. I don’t think it plays particularly well. I’d be remiss if I suggested someone pay money for it. 

3 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Counter-unelegant-argument, I got the game free via PS+ and didn’t really care for it. I don’t think it plays particularly well. I’d be remiss if I suggested someone pay money for it. 

506ae5d6051be953afa653b1f7046108.gif

:p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just listen to this. Boss music par excellence.

The complete soundtrack is on Spotify.

BUY THIS GAME.

• Like 1

Have to agree with @drahkon, Furi is a fantastic game and not least because of that incredible soundtrack (which I still listen to often, it really is amazing). It obviously won't be for every one but the rush when you finally beat a boss after learning the attack pattern, when to attack and parry and where to place yourself is something that's been unmatched for me in another game other than in the likes of Bloodborne.

The reviews haven't really got that across for the Switch release, coming across as more frustrated at the constant rinse and repeat, but then as I say, it's not a game for everyone so definitely check out some gameplay if you're on the fence. But it's well worth persevering if you pick it up as it's brilliant and the bosses are really well designed. And again, that soundtrack is phenomenal.

• Thanks 1

Had my eye on this ever since Matthew Matosis did his brilliant video on the game.  Really looking forward to getting stuck into it when I get the chance!

Sign in to follow this