NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

This would happen right when I pick up Fire Emblem Warriors, huh? Oh well, it was second hand for 25 quid, so I can't complain.

Contains all of the content from the WiiU and 3DS versions along with outfits for Link and Zelda based off of their Breath of the Wild outfits.

11 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Triple dipping. I LOVE this game.

Glad I'm not the only one. There's a ridiculous amount of content.

Anyway, I forgot to mention that this will feature split screen local co-op (Like Fire Emblem Warriors) and it comes out sometime in Spring.

I hope there's some DLC in the pipeline. Gotta milk that BOTW for much more than a couple of costumes. The Sheikah Slate/Runes could make for a fun moveset for Zelda (Link has enough weapons) and the character roster is lacking someone from the Rito Race. Revali would be a cool choice. We don't have someone wielding a Bow.

And an adventure map that's bigger than all the other ones combined just because.

Still gonna secretly wish for Ricky from the Oracles games. We got Marin in the 3DS one, so we're almost there.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Good luck to anyone replaying this, that’s all I’ll say. :laughing:

Will be great for newcomers though, I kinda wish I’d never played it on Wii U now. :heh:

I have the Wii U version but only bothered with the campaign. I don't think I did the game justice and I wish I spent more time with it.

I will definitely be picking this up!

I am still playing and loving FE:Warriors and never played the WiiU and 3DS version, so will probably enjoy this a lot!

Was reading through the thread for the Wii U version earlier. It's funny seeing the initial reaction to the game again, and reliving my obsession with Tingle being a playable character! :laughing:

0bbcHPt.jpg

LikelyEquatorialKitten-size_restricted.g

RemorsefulPoliteIbis-size_restricted.gif

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I never got the 3DS version so I missed out on all that content, so I might just double dip on this!

AND I can now sell the WiiU version along with Bayo 1&2! Ninty can keep these re releases coming for me so I can get rid of my WiiU

22 hours ago, RedShell said:

Was reading through the thread for the Wii U version earlier. It's funny seeing the initial reaction to the game again, and reliving my obsession with Tingle being a playable character! :laughing:

I love looking at pre-Glen N-Europe! It's like looking at an alternate dimension before I ruined everything.

Man, that initial reaction was brutal! You guys were not happy at all. But I found this paragraph from @Hero-of-Time funny in hindsight.

Zelda is a strange franchise to pick for this. Personally, and I know others on the net have stated this as well, I think Fire Emblem would have been a far better franchise to use. The amount of characters in those games would have made for a great selection, not to mention the different classes. Also, the way the Dynasty series split into an Empire series would have fitted the FE universe perfectly.

Now, I'm enjoying FE Warriors, but damn, you were totally off the mark with the characters being a better selection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Now, I'm enjoying FE Warriors, but damn, you were totally off the mark with the characters being a better selection.

There's potential, they just didn't use it.

2 hours ago, Ike said:

There's potential, they just didn't use it.

Oh, there's no denying that, I just thought it was humourous.

If you could transfer your save from the Wii U or 3DS ones, then I'd be all over this however after 100+ hours of grinding in it, I'm not doing that again

10 hours ago, Serebii said:

If you could transfer your save from the Wii U or 3DS ones, then I'd be all over this however after 100+ hours of grinding in it, I'm not doing that again

The 3DS version had a completely reworked balance to the WiiU one to account for the Switching character mechanic and the extra adventure maps. So assuming the Switch version is based on the 3DS version, there's absolutely no way the WiiU one would even be able to transfer a save over to the Switch version.

Kinda like how it'd be completely impossible to have a save of Pokémon Gold transfer to Crystal. Different game.

On 13/01/2018 at 10:56 AM, Glen-i said:

I love looking at pre-Glen N-Europe! It's like looking at an alternate dimension before I ruined everything.

Here's another classic for you to enjoy: :hehe:

• Haha 3

Holy shit, I had completely forgotten about the panic of when the Wii name was revealed. I just love the lack of self-awareness some of those comments show: "Wii is such a kiddy name! I'll just say the console is my Nintendo instead"... because apparently that's manlier? :laughing: Oh, my sides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RedShell said:

Here's another classic for you to enjoy: :hehe:

So many capitals! It's like 20 clones of me just heard that the next Pokémon  game would only have the first 151 Pokémon. It's Spectacular. I spurted Blackcurrant when I saw @Hero-of-Time use the possible name of Smash Bros. Wii to demonstrate how bad the console name was. Creepily prophetic.

Now I know who to blame for Smash 4's rubbish name.

And when the petition to change it came up and around 5 people declared that they were signing it. Hindsight makes it so funny.

Meanwhile, you're there. Saying "I can't stop laughing" Some things never change, huh?

So when is the site changing it's name to "Wii Europe"?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

My Dad used to call it the "Why". Could never tell if it was intentional or not...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

So when is the site changing it's name to "Wii Europe"?

Quick clarification: at the time the site was called "Cube-Europe". It changed to N-Europe around the Wii's launch (IIRC).

• Thanks 1

@Glen-i's gonna be happy...

Looks like the Switch version runs at 1080p 60FPS in docked mode! (Cutscenes still seem to run at 30FPS)

That's a pretty enormous jump in that case! :o (Indeed it's the biggest jump we've seen from a Wii U port so far! Going from 720p 30FPS to 1080p 60FPS!)

After the really disappointing performance bumps we saw in Pokken and Bayonetta 1 & 2, this is a very welcome surprise! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Holy crap! I was willing to settle for 720p for 60 FPS. This is awesome news!

It's not been mentioned here, but they added a shop that sells the card items in Adventure Mode so that should make it less of a grind fest.

God, Netherlands needs an official Nintendo website. We rarely get cool preorder bonuses like that. Some retailers have but they are never too nice.

For anyone interested, here's a list of all the changes from the previous versions.

General Information
• 1080p (60 FPS) Resolution in TV Mode.
• Local 2 Player Multiplayer on one Console.
• Control Schemes can be changed in the Menu.
• Background Music can be changed in the Menu.
• A Theater-Mode has been added to the Menu.

• All 29 Characters from the previous installments are playable.
• Level 255 is the Maximum Level right from the very beginning.
• 8-Bit Weapons return and can be toggled on/off in the Menu.
• Getting an A-Rank removes the previous Character Restrictions.

• The Ocarina and the Owl Statues from Legends are returning.
• The Character Switching Feature from Legends returns too.
• Like in Legends Bosses will be weakened with more Characters.
• Challenge-Mode from the Wii U returns with Ganon's Fury and Cucco's Fury.

• All of the Adventure Maps are avaible as soon as Adventure Mode is unlocked.
• The Difficulty of each Map increases from Top to Bottom starting with Easy.
• Legend Mode contains Cia's Tale, Linkle's Tale and the Saga of the Great Sea.
• Saga of the Great Sea is unlocked after completing Cia's Tale and Linkle's Tale.

• Link's Classic Tunic and Ganondorf's Wind Waker Robes can be unlocked in Adventure Mode.
• Breath of the Wild Outfits for Link and Zelda are unlocked after completing The Armies of Ruin.
• All of the former japanese-exclusive and pre-ordered My Fairy Clothes are included.

Improvements
• All Fairies in My Fairy Mode are now displayed in 3D.
• Fairy Companions are now visable on the Battlefield.
• Once obtained Item Cards can be bought in the Shop.

• Total collectible Weapons got increased from 10 to 20.
• Beamos can now be targeted which wasn't possible before.
• The Imprisoned's WPG can now be depleted faster.

Minor Changes
• Twili Midna, Young Link, Skull Kid and Tingle are unlocked on the Adventure Map.
• Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes and Medli are unlocked on the Great Sea Map.
• Tetra and King Daphnes can alternatively be unlocked in Legend Mode.
• Marin, Toon Zelda, Ravio and Yuga are unlocked on their respective Maps.

• The 2nd Seal of the Master Sword now requires 15,000 KOs instead of 25,000.
• Removing a Skill from a Weapon now costs 30,000 Rupees instead of 300,000.

• Badges for Item Power Ups now require Silver Materials instead of Gold.
• Some Badges now require less materials like 1 Silver instead of 2 Silver.

The costs for several potions were reduced:

• Weak Point Smasher went from 25,000 to 5,000.
• Guard Breaker went from 40,000 to 20,000.
• VS Skill 1 went from 1,800 to 1,500.

• Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this