NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

Hopefully Adventure Mode is less grindy now they've added the shop to buy items.

My copy arrived today. :yay: Feels better on handheld mode than the 3DS version, as you would expect. :heh:

On 21/03/2018 at 9:18 PM, Dcubed said:

@Glen-i's gonna be happy...

Am I the only one who doesn't see that big of a difference apart from the Switch version is brighter?

20 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see that big of a difference apart from the Switch version is brighter?

The lighting is the biggest visual difference, but the game also runs at a higher frame rate. (When docked)

But yeah, it's not that much of a difference. Switch isn't a huge jump in power from the WiiU, so it's to be expected. Frame rate is more important to me.

Edited by Glen-i

You get framerate drops in handheld mode when the mid battle cinematics happen. Otherwise a pretty smooth gameplay experience. 

Put way too much time into this already.

Most Level 3 weapons got, many Level 4. half way through most maps. My goal is to get all weapons and costumes then worry about Skulltullas and their ilk

The Shining Beacon stage in Legend mode kept bugging out and Lana wouldn't search for the 3rd sanctum leaving me in some weird limbo state where nothing was happening.

Not sure if was because you can switch character to play as her and it stops the AI if you switch back. Unless you can do it manually but I couldn't remember where it was.

Also, is there some sort of requirement you need to meet before you can start unlocking the skills on the Master Sword?

3 hours ago, Ike said:

The Shining Beacon stage in Legend mode kept bugging out and Lana wouldn't search for the 3rd sanctum leaving me in some weird limbo state where nothing was happening.

Not sure if was because you can switch character to play as her and it stops the AI if you switch back. Unless you can do it manually but I couldn't remember where it was.

Also, is there some sort of requirement you need to meet before you can start unlocking the skills on the Master Sword?

I vaguely remember having to unlock every weapon and character on the 3DS version.

The second one is gotten by getting every Level 4 weapon.

Edited by Glen-i

Sorry if I missed the memo, but why is everyone using soap / toiletry images as their profile pictures?

Also sorry for not discussing Hyrule Warriors...

Edited by Aneres11

On 5/24/2018 at 9:44 AM, Ike said:

Did you issue any commands to her? It's in the pause menu.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

10 hours ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Did you issue any commands to her? It's in the pause menu.

Nope, I forgot that you could do that in this game. :woops:

On 24/05/2018 at 1:13 PM, Glen-i said:

I vaguely remember having to unlock every weapon and character on the 3DS version.

The second one is gotten by getting every Level 4 weapon.

... That's a ridiculous requirement. It better make the Master Sword the most broken weapon ever.

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Nope, I forgot that you could do that in this game. :woops:

... That's a ridiculous requirement. It better make the Master Sword the most broken weapon ever.

It's the most powerful, and the added Sword Beams are nice. But you can't put any extra skills on it. So you can't use the really awesome ones like Hasty Attacks and Heart Power.

I pretty much never used it for that reason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

It's the most powerful, and the added Sword Beams are nice. But you can't put any extra skills on it. So you can't use the really awesome ones like Hasty Attacks and Heart Power.

I pretty much never used it for that reason.

I've unlocked Young Link now who's broken anyway. :yay:

2 hours ago, Ike said:

I've unlocked Young Link now who's broken anyway. :yay:

This is truth and fact. Put the right badges on him and he gets way too OP.

Interesting.

Wasn’t aware of any Switch games being downsampled from 1080p in handheld mode before, and am pretty surprised that’s what seems to be case with this particular game. I wonder if they will attempt to change it via a patch. Not that I have any intention of revisiting the game on Switch anyway. :hehe: 

I also wonder if Mario Tennis Aces is also being downsampled in handheld mode, as I did notice that it looks especially crisp on the Switch’s screen, more so than anything else I’ve played on the system so far at least.

Edited by RedShell

I've been playing this for the majority of the week. I know its the same game but ive been enjoying it a lot more than I did the first time round. It looks better too!

I may even try out adventure mode this time.

20 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Interesting.

Wasn’t aware of any Switch games being downsampled from 1080p in handheld mode before, and am pretty surprised that’s what seems to be case with this particular game. I wonder if they will attempt to change it via a patch. Not that I have any intention of revisiting the game on Switch anyway. :hehe: 

I also wonder if Mario Tennis Aces is also being downsampled in handheld mode, as I did notice that it looks especially crisp on the Switch’s screen, more so than anything else I’ve played on the system so far at least.

I started watching that video and immediately was bored hearing all the fps moaning. Switch version plays great. There is some slow down but nothing game damaging.

2 hours ago, Blade said:

I've been playing this for the majority of the week. I know its the same game but ive been enjoying it a lot more than I did the first time round. It looks better too!

I may even try out adventure mode this time.

Yeah, I thought I would be burned out after playing the Wii U and 3DS versions and Fire Emblem Warriors a lot, but I've gotten further in this than the last 2 versions.

And you should, Adventure Mode is where the meat of the game is.

2 hours ago, Blade said:

I started watching that video and immediately was bored hearing all the fps moaning. Switch version plays great. There is some slow down but nothing game damaging.

I've played the game mostly in Handheld mode and it's perfectly fine.

After starting Fire Emblem Warriors recently I'm also considering triple dipping on this, god help me. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Interesting.

That’s pretty wild! A complete waste of the system’s performance (and battery) in portable mode, but it’s crazy to see even the portable mode crushing the Wii U version in terms of overall performance! (Similar FPS, but 2.5x the pixels).

It’s easily the biggest jump from Wii U-Switch we’ve seen yet, but they really should put out a patch to sort out the resolution switch to 720p in portable mode.  Supersampling is a completely stupid thing to do, where the image quality boost will be almost unnoticeable on a small screen and performance could get a huge boost by reducing the resolution.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this