NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

The World Ends With You: Final Remix

Cult favourite DS game about trends and Shibuya and Death gets an amazing third chance on the Switch.

Features updated visuals, a choice between touch or traditional controls and a new scenario.

No release date as of now.

EDIT: Oh, I probably should mention that the footage had this character show up.

1.jpg

Make of that what you will.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Glad to see that that old teaser pic might well finally amount to something!

While it’s obviously based on the iOS version (and thus, it won’t really replicate the original DS version’s unique dual screen gameplay properly) it’s cool to see them do joy-con gyro pointer controls for TV play! Not enough games do that!

I found the original game incredibly addictive once I’d got to grips with the controls. I loved the story & I’m so pleased it’s going to get a wider audience.  I don’t know how it sold originally but I’d imagine it wasn’t a huge seller as it was a new IP on a fairly new console at the time, so hopefully it’ll get the sales it deserves now.

40 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

I found the original game incredibly addictive once I’d got to grips with the controls. I loved the story & I’m so pleased it’s going to get a wider audience.  I don’t know how it sold originally but I’d imagine it wasn’t a huge seller as it was a new IP on a fairly new console at the time, so hopefully it’ll get the sales it deserves now.

I loved it (and beat it :hehe: ) despite never feeling like I completely got to grips with the controls. I mostly mashed the D-Pad while trying to concentrate on Neku on the bottom screen so never really followed the trees on the top screen!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nekunando said:

I loved it (and beat it :hehe: ) despite never feeling like I completely got to grips with the controls. I mostly mashed the D-Pad while trying to concentrate on Neku on the bottom screen so never really followed the trees on the top screen!

I had the exact same issue. Maybe having it all on one screen will help me keep track of all the chaos better.

Few too many games coming out at the end of this year so while I do want to play this, it might just get relegated to Jan 2019 for me.

It's up for preorder for €50, that seems pretty steep right?

Played but never finished the DS version, I don't know why because of what I can remember I liked it.

Anyone played the android/iOS version? I wonder how that compares. And how they translated this dual screen multi input game to touch only in the first place.

That music, man it takes me back. Interesting time to launch the game, busy period for the other platforms but not so much on the Switch so far so perhaps it'll do well. Though I'm sure the price might put quite a few off. It's a fantastic game though, played it through twice on the DS myself and loved it each time, and definitely deserves to sell well but given the other games releasing around it and the price point, I'm sceptical it can.

You know what, I'll bump the more recent thread this time.

Doesn't look good so far, but I'll probably check it anyway.If I get the chance.

15 minutes ago, Ike said:

FUNImation announcened they got the license for it.

So that means.. Crunchyroll?

7 hours ago, Sméagol said:

So that means.. Crunchyroll?

Probably FUNImation now, I their deal with Crunchyroll ended.

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Probably FUNImation now, I their deal with Crunchyroll ended.

"Sorry, but this content isn’t available in your country."

As expected.

I had one of those evenings where I was looking for something to play, bounced between a few games but still didn't settle on one (hate it when I get like that). One of the games I fired up was this.

I figured with the sequel being announced I would play through the original again. I've not played it since it was first released on the DS all those years ago and imagined it would feel like a new game to me now. Sadly, I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with this version of the game.

What in the heck did they do to the controls? I've read that it's best to play in handheld mode and that's what I done but having everything mapped to the touchscreen is VERY fiddly. You have a control stick and a d-pad right there! Surely they could have made it so the character could be moved by either of these and then the attacks done by pressing the screen?

Using the screen presents other issues, mainly that it's just not as responsive as the DS screen. The original game had a weird control scheme that relied heavily on the touchscreen but it always worked. The Switch screen is very hit or miss.

I'll try giving it another go this evening but at this point I may as well just dig out my DS copy and play that. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I have one of those eShop tickets going spare, and needing to be redeemed by mid-March. TWEWY is eligible and would be ripe for a replay before the new game, but it sounds like it isn't worth the time or the money. :( 

I'm also one of those who picked the Switch Version up and soon put it back down, the controls for the DS were perfect for the type of game it was and it has translated poorly to the Switch version, definitely pick up a DS copy if you can. But it has severely damaged my hype for the new game unless they make some changes to better suit the Switch Hardware.

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I have one of those eShop tickets going spare, and needing to be redeemed by mid-March. TWEWY is eligible and would be ripe for a replay before the new game, but it sounds like it isn't worth the time or the money. :( 

Yeah, don't bother with it. I tried playing it again last night but it just doesn't work properly and is too fiddly to be any fun.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this