NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Dark Souls Remastered

On 05/11/2018 at 12:22 AM, killthenet said:

I had only tried it on the floor of the cathedral so knew I was in the right place, it just wouldn't work. 

Another possibility is that you were queued up to be invaded?

While I haven't done much with my first character, I have been busy with my second.

My first is still in Oolacile.. I defeated Artorias, and cleared most of the level. I forgot you can't fight Kalameet right away, so I had to check out the rest of the level. Finally had a few goes at Kalameet, but then left it at that for a while, and continued my second character. But last night I had a lot more goes at him again.. Came close when I finally embraced my pyromancies (I still try to using my sword, but that doesn't do much damage. Same thing when I beated Artorias actually). Got him to one third of his health.. The stopped trying as I realized while I'd probably could beat him, I didn't have a single hit on his tail. So I tried again, specifically going for his tail, but still no luck.

With my second character I have been busy. After Anor Londo, I think I did the catacombs first. For this particular level, I upgraded my greataxe to a divine one. I liked the idea of a divine greataxe. I forgot to check the stats though, then found out I couldn't use it one-handed. I thought, "well, let's wing it", and used it two-handed, not having my shield available in the process. But the axe does tons of damage, and my stats and gear were so good that the skeletons were no problem at all, even if they did got a few hits in. Had some fun co-opping as well.

10 hours ago, killthenet said:

Got wrecked more than a few times by those damn four-legged skeletons but picked up most of the items and dealt with her ladyship's guards before realising I couldn't yet reach the tombs boss.

Then I continued to the catacombs myself. The first giant skeleton proved that two-handing my axe was not going to work here anymore, so I leveled up so I could one-hand it. Fell a few times, skeletons got me a few times (especially the ones in the giant coffin, with the ember). The two clerics weren't much of a trouble. Saved Reah.. Then much later found her dead in the Parish cathedral. :( But yeah, reached the last section to the boss, then realized I couldn't reach him either! Except I did have the Lordvessel, I just forgot to actually place it. So back to Firelink I went, then back to the boss, got wrecked by Paladin Leeroy first, got back to wreck him, then he bugged out, and didn't drop his stuff (:(), then did the boss, who wasn't much trouble. Stayed a little to farm a lot of babies.

After that I cleared everything in Darkroot Garden and Basin, Sif was super easy with my 2nd character, it's going to be different with my 1st, who can block very little. Then New Londo Ruins, also easy.. Died a few times at the boss, but was generally able to tank a lot, so he wasn't much trouble. Was also of much assistance while co-opping..

Then did Lost Izalith and everything leading up to it. And found out I messed up Siegmeyer's quest.

So that where I'm at with my 2nd character, only Oolacile and the Library left, and Gwyn of course. Then went back to my 1st character, adamant at killing Kalameet (while getting his tail, which I can't use with that character, but regardless).

Oh I forgot to upload one of my earlier fails.

Edited by Sméagol

And progress..

First character:

Second character:

Ehh cleared Oolacile, and then finished the game. Being higher level made everything a cakewalk. :p (No I still died several times)

Few more tweets:

Been chipping away at this incrementally, just beat Seath and the Four Kings so I think I just have Lost Izalith and the DLC to do. Ornstein and Smough were surprisingly easy for me although I did spend a while levelling up after my first attempt at them so was able to do a lot of damage per hit. In my first play through on PS3 Seath was really easy but it took me a few tries this time. I'm planning to be very careful with Lost Izalith as I really want to complete the Siegmeyer quest line and I remember him drowning in a pool of poison on my first play through just because he was in an awkward place. Once I've done Lost Izalith and the DLC I plan on holding off on actually completing the game and spending more time with the online aspect, not really messed around with that too much yet. 

I saved Oolacile for last and arrived there last night, just beat Artorias and have been reminded that this is the best area in the whole game. The variety of new enemies and the sheer absurdity of the Royal Gardeners is just incredible, not half as intimidating as it was the first time round but still every bit as enthralling. 

• Thanks 1

So I've picked Dark Souls up this week and played it for about 1,5 hours yesterday. I have never played a Dark Souls game before, but I like the setting and from what I've read it has this Monster Hunter-ish thing where it's important to learn the moves of the enemy. So I thought yeah this could be for me! Got it second hand as well for a good price so if it's not I can sell it on without any loss.

Decided to start as the pyromancer; I like having some ranged attacks next to my close combat options. I walked into the first boss, panicked and died. :p Made my way out of the Asylum and I'm now at the Firelink Shrine. Liking what I've played so far. The setting is great, I like the prospect of taking on monsters 10 times my size, and I can see that there will be quite a level of depth in it.

I had some trouble at the start though. First of all the notorious A-B button switch. God that's horrible. But there is also a very sparce introduction to the mechanics. Sure they tell you how to swing a weapon and how to block. But I figured Y button was using magic; instead I used up all of my bombs... Now I've arrived at Firelink there are a number of options at the bonfire: levelling up, hollowing, un-hollowing, attune magic etc. What? Guess I'll figure it out on the go as I don't want to look it anything up because it feels good going into a game without much knowledge about it. Funny as I've seen it pop up a lot, seen dozens of Praise The Sun memes. But I never looked into it as I didn't have a PS or XBox, and it's not a franchise I was interested in for PC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

So I've picked Dark Souls

Did you read all the orange messages in the asylum? They usually indicate online player messages, but some of them , especially there, are from the devs. There they function as tutorial messages. I'm prett sure they explain all the basics that way, but we can help you out as well. If you want. :laughing:

Yeah I've read all those. Like I said they explain the basics (running, shielding, weapons etc.) but my confusion was mostly with magic. Might have been especially because I play pyromancer and my firebombs (picked those as starting item) look like fireballs which seems logical for a pyromancer. Ah well, I will find new bombs I'm sure.

What character(s) are you playing @Sméagol (and any other people still playing this)?

1 minute ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Yeah I've read all those. Like I said they explain the basics (running, shielding, weapons etc.) but my confusion was mostly with magic. Might have been especially because I play pyromancer and my firebombs (picked those as starting item) look like fireballs which seems logical for a pyromancer. Ah well, I will find new bombs I'm sure.

What character(s) are you playing @Sméagol (and any other people still playing this)?

My first playthrough on Switch is a pyromancer with some sorcery. I guess that will always be my "main" character, it's what I used before, and probably what I'll use in DS 2. But I haven't finished the game with her (yet (again)). I did finish the game with a new character, a pretty straight forward strength based melee character. I'll definitely go back one day to finish the game with my first character, and try out other ones as well.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this