Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Dark Souls Remastered

Just announced via the Nintendo Direct Mini.

Comes out May 15th apparently.

So yeah, obligatory "Switch finally gits gud" joke or whatever.

Edited by Glen-i

Never played this (Dark Souls II was my first souls game) so I’ll be keeping an eye on it for sure. This game will be so at home on Switch though, such a great fit for quick pick up and play die action. :hehe:

I have this on Steam, but never finished it, and the PC port isn't fantastic. Getting this.

Edit: though hopefully plenty of other people will get it as well and / or the online functionality is cross platform. Hate to see it going to waste. Would love to play some hide and seek.

Edited by Sméagol

I had it for Xbox 360, but I got the RROD, briefly replaced my Xbox but then decided to jump ship to Playstation with everyone else and never got Dark Souls again to complete it (heard the PC port was dog shit too), so for me this is brilliant

I played through it on PS3 last year after hearing good things about the series and after the initial frustration, I loved it and have since played through Demon's Souls and Dark Souls II. I'm mostly buying it in the hope that if it does well they'll bring 2 & 3 to Switch (I've been holding off playing 3 in the hopes I can just play it on Switch) but I'll be interesting to see how many hours it takes me to complete now I've got some experience under my belt, expecting it to be a hell of a lot less than the 120 hours it took on PS3.

Current rumors are saying that there are plans to bring across 2 and 3 to the Switch as well. 

I’m probably going to end up getting this on PS4 and Switch. I played but never got terribly far into the game on PC. I do recall killing the asylum demon with the starting equipment, it’s funny how skill level grows in these games. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

I'm definitely getting this on Switch.

Bloodborne was 30 FPS right? If so I should be able to cope with the Switch version.

Yeah, I think all the console Souls games have been 30 FPS apart from Dark Souls II on PS4 (and maybe Xbox One) because it's essentially a last gen game running on current gen hardware. I ran into a few performance issues with the first Dark Souls on PS3 so hopefully it's a steady 30 FPS now that they've tinkered with it a bit, I don't think it severely hindered my progress at all but there were definitely a few instances of slow down during particularly busy fights.