NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Nintendo Direct Mini

Just been posted on Nintendo’s Twitter

Edited by Dog-amoto
  • Thanks 1

Lots of ports. I'll probably pick up Donkey Kong again as I love that game. Dark Souls is tempting too but it depends how it runs on the Switch.

Very excited by Mario Tennis as long as the gameplay is closer the N64 version and not the gimped and super easy Wii U version.

Mario Tennis is great news, with story mode!!! Hopefully it isn’t anything like the wii uversiona nd is a proper game of tennis....

Other than that it was extremely disappointing to be honest. to much in the first bit of this year for me.... Where’s Wolfenstein?!

I'm so gonna buy Hyrule Warriors for a third time and that's really sad... Hey, but at least my Switch will finally have a Zelda game I actually want.

When the announcer said "Something wicked this way comes" I immediately thought "Woah, hold up... Harry Potter game!?" But it was just Dark Souls and I was very disappointed.

Nothing too amazing, some nice stuff, sure. But nothing huge for me.

EDIT: Oh wait, The World Ends With You on Switch. Amazing that game is getting another chance.

Maybe this time we'll get the sequel.

Edited by Glen-i

Ys VIII was a nice surprise, hope it's based on the PS4 version.

Edit: Tropical Freeze port? Yes!

2 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Other than that it was extremely disappointing to be honest. to much in the first bit of this year for me.... Where’s Wolfenstein?!

The lack of Wolfenstein and, perhaps more noticeably, Yoshi and Fire Emblem, took me by surprise a little. 

A lot of ports and content updates, and I really like the look of Mario Tennis. And it’s good to know that they might be able to dip back into the DS/3DS catalogue going forwards.

I don’t mean to start exciting anyone, but I just took a quick look at the Wikipedia page for Nintendo Directs, and there’s something pretty interesting I noticed regarding the Nintendo Direct mini format: they almost always precede a more typically formatted Direct by 2-3 weeks, if not less.

Could just be an odd coincidence, mind you, but I thought it was worth sharing.

I've never gotten the chance to play Tropical Freeze, so I'm really happy it's getting ported!
Kirby looks a bit formulaic, but great fun. The Mario Tennis game looks gorgeous, I've never played a Mario Tennis game though.
I wasn't really expecting any huge announcements, but I am really disappointed there's still no mention of virtual console :(

Edited by M_rock

Ys VIII looks quite interesting, although I'm not sure what the gameplay is like.

I've never played Hyrule Warriors, so this might be a chance to play that.

SNK Heroines is not a bad idea, but I'd rather they'd gone for hand-drawn 2D over polygons.

Edited by Grazza

I thought it was a pretty good direct, a lot of ports yes but they're all great additions to the Switch library. I'm looking forward to playing through Dark Souls again and really happy they're giving Tropical Freeze a new lease of life but I would have liked for it to be a double pack with DKC Returns as I've never played through that one. 

Mario Tennis looks great, seems to address a lot of the issues people had with the Wii U entry. Really liking the look of Kirby too but doubt I'll be able to get it anywhere near launch with all the games on my backlog. 

Overall I thought it was a great direct, people had built up their expectations far too much as usual but if you actually assess it fairly its a really good showing. 

26 minutes ago, M_rock said:

I wasn't really expecting any huge announcements, but I am really disappointed there's still no mention of virtual console :(

I mean it was just a Mini Direct. Maybe they were just getting some if the smaller announcements out if the way so they can do a more focused one? Or we'll have to wait until E3.

And this just seemed to a NoA only Direct?

Mario Tennis looking good, add in proper online options and I'm good.

Hyrule Warriors most probably yes, I never got the dlc or the one on 3ds so I'm good with this definitive version. I remember putting a ton of time into it so yeah looking forward to that.

Ys VIII interesting, I bought Ys Origin on steam few months ago which I need to finish at some point. I like the fast paced combat but damn I remember the bosses being hard.

Dark Souls never played any so might as well give it a go on switch.

The direct mini was ok.

Edited by Nintendo Fan

This is a prime example of when rumours get way out of control and can be detrimental. If word of this hadn't leaked and it had just dropped, then we'd be happier.

• Like 2

Not bad. Great to see Mario Tennis returning with a story mode, really looking forward to seeing how that one turns out. :) The Super Mario Odyssey update looks like a right laugh, as does the Mario x Rabbids DK stuff. :hehe: I got no interest in those particular Wii U ports, but it’s great that more people will now be able to experience them on Switch. 

Anyway, a decent enough mini direct. Definitely didn’t live up to the level of hype that was going down yesterday, but that was always going to be unlikely. :laughing:

7 minutes ago, Serebii said:

This is a prime example of when rumours get way out of control and can be detrimental. If word of this hadn't leaked and it had just dropped, then we'd be happier.

I don't know about the majority of people, but I enjoyed this direct a whole bunch precisely because of the insane hype attributed to it.

I wasn't disappointed with the contents of the Direct, I was disappointed the Direct actually happened.

Tropical Freeze is good for those who missed out on the WiiU version.

I'm only excited about the Kirby game really.

1 minute ago, Jimbob said:

I'm only excited about the Kirby game really.

All aboard the Friend Train!

Except Adeleine. She gets replaced by a Copy ability.

• Haha 1

Looks like I'm buying Hyrule Warriors again.

Very impressed by the H1 line up.  I didn't think they'd be able to keep up the momentum from the end of last year but it looks like they are.

Mario Tennis with a story mode and it's still by Camelot.  I hope they go the Mario Golf Advance Tour route but I doubt it.

Nice of them to confirm Hyrule Warriors and Donkey Kong. Now all we need are ports of Smash Bros, 3D World and Wonderful 101 for the Wii U to be officially obsolete (yes, I know it has more games, but you know what I mean).

As you can tell by my Avatar, the SNK Gals game caught my attention. It's good to see SNK promote their brand so strongly, it reminds me of when Capcom used to do silly fun games like that. But if King isn't in that game, I'll be miffed (I'd be happy enough if she was a referee or something).

(By the way Nintendo, since you're still supporting the game, how about promoting Pokkén for Evo 2018? It got a surprising amount of traction in 2017)

1 minute ago, Jonnas said:

As you can tell by my Avatar, the SNK Gals game caught my attention. It's good to see SNK promote their brand so strongly, it reminds me of when Capcom used to do silly fun games like that. But if King isn't in that game, I'll be miffed (I'd be happy enough if she was a referee or something).

Yep, I instantly thought of you when that showed up. I liked how blatantly girly the visuals were.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

Yep, I instantly thought of you when that showed up. I liked how blatantly girly the visuals were.

After a bit of research, it's apparently a sequel/callback to one of their more obscure games:

gals-s4.png

The final boss there was "Miss X", that is, Iori Yagami (the resident edgelord) in drag. If SNK tops that, I'll buy the game.

Story Mode in Mario Tennis is VERY welcome, I might actually pick it up now.

DKCTF absolutely deserves another shot, incredible game.

Very surprised no Fire Emblem or Yoshi. I guess this Direct lived up to its mini name

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Story Mode in Mario Tennis is VERY welcome, I might actually pick it up now.

DKCTF absolutely deserves another shot, incredible game.

Very surprised no Fire Emblem or Yoshi. I guess this Direct lived up to its mini name

Yeah I'm delighted about the story mode. A part of me feels as though this is the game that the Wii U Mario Tennis game was destined to be before it was rushed out the door incomplete. Thankfully this game seems to have a LOT more soul and character.

Sign in to follow this