NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ArtMediocre

Illustration thread

I dunno if there are many artists here, but I always think its cool to see what other people create with their imagination. So, if there are any artists here willing to share their artwork, I think we should have a thread for it here :). If there is already a thread for something like this, or it is inappropriate, point me in the right direction! Also, gaming/nintendo-related artwork is a plus :D. 

I'm currently working on a small series of powerful attacks by Nintendo Characters. Gonna be eight in total, I think, and it's part of my daily drawing challenge. In the end I'll have them colored, put up against each other, and put on a A3 or 50x70 print. So far I have Link and Mario :). 

Spoiler

f8pI824.jpg

Spoiler

pMbVOGh.jpg

Edited by ArtMediocre
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, it's not an illustration, but it is Nintendo-themed. I made this refrigerator magnet out of Sculpey clay before Christmas.

CZUICGl.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Noone else here who's on the creative side? Just made this Daft Punk sketch with Windsor & Newton markers:

5eDyIpY.jpg

Kinda fun to work on the coloration and blending of the different markers. Not really done that too much.

Edited by ArtMediocre
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Noone else here who's on the creative side? Just made this Daft Punk sketch with Windsor & Newton markers:

26226542_540111949699922_151043763604763

Kinda fun to work on the coloration and blending of the different markers. Not really done that too much.

That looks awesome, and it's even better because it is Daft Punk! :D

Would you recommend the Winsor & Newton markers? I've been interested in markers for years, but as they are usually quite expensive I've not dared to buy any in case I don't use them enough. :p

Yeah, I would reccomend them a lot :). They take some time to get to know, but they work well in regards to blending similar colors like on the Daft Punk drawing. The ones I used now have been lying in a drawer for about 7-8 years, and I haven't touched them until now (around 40 or so types) and they all still work. That is great quality markers right there.

Unless you want to go all the way and get Copics :P. But that costs.... way too much xD. 

17 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Yeah, I would reccomend them a lot :). They take some time to get to know, but they work well in regards to blending similar colors like on the Daft Punk drawing. The ones I used now have been lying in a drawer for about 7-8 years, and I haven't touched them until now (around 40 or so types) and they all still work. That is great quality markers right there.

Unless you want to go all the way and get Copics :P. But that costs.... way too much xD. 

I know, Copic markers were the ones I had been looking at as that's the ones I heard people use (years and years ago), but they are too expensive! Might look into this brand at some point then, see what they are like. :)

Just to be clear, are these the ProMarkers you are using?

Edited by Eenuh

Yup, the ProMarkers. You can actually find them for around £20 for a set of 12 colors here in Norway, which isn't too bad. I don't know how the price is in the UK though.

On 1/22/2018 at 1:38 PM, ArtMediocre said:

Noone else here who's on the creative side?

I wish I could draw. No idea how to start, though.

Anyway, I love your illustrations. Keep 'em coming.

Major respect for the illustrations you posted (which most certainly aren't mediocre!).

Coincidentally, I've recently decided to try my hand at drawing again, but I'm sticking to basic pencil sketches. Which is the right way to go when I don't have the required muscle memory to draw adequate body proportions :heh:

On 1/22/2018 at 4:16 PM, Eenuh said:

I know, Copic markers were the ones I had been looking at as that's the ones I heard people use (years and years ago), but they are too expensive!

Soooo a funny thing happened. I was on a vacation in Australia now, and two days in I started to talk to a dude about drawings and markers. A girl next to me overheard what I was saying, and that I mentioned Copic. She ran inside her apartement, came out after 5 or so minutes and handed me a whole set of 20 copic markers. She bought them 10 years ago for her fashion studies, and she hadn't used them since. She said I could take them if I would get a use from them. Holy cow! I thought this shit just happened in the movies :O. 

Gave them a spin in Australia, and they are so, so smooth <3. 

Spoiler

6goAluF.jpg

Spoiler

F00mP38.jpg

Spoiler

veKJHSk.jpg

And finally some more of those Nintendo Smash doodles :3. 

Spoiler

LadHjY9.jpg

Spoiler

Yt20VWb.jpg

Spoiler

E0AClLI.jpg

Edited by ArtMediocre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Three more drawings :). Been really slacking it lately, so I'm not really pumping out drawings. I hate when I don't have the motivation, but it's fun when it hits again.

Here's a gift I made for my SO, for her 30th birthday. 
UATqXCw.jpg

A re-draw of an old drawing I made. Just a random fighter or something. Made with pencil.
pmUyPt8.jpg

And lastly, my version of Hollow Knight's mask. I really need to buy that game, seeing as I love the art and style of the game.
pMofAyA.jpg

• Like 2

And another Hollow Knight piece I drew today. I need some more work on the copic coloring, but overall I'm pretty happy :).

fYO0ckl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this