NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Dark (Netflix)

dark_us.jpg

Anyone watched this?

If you haven't, do. Change the language to German and put on subtitles. Don't let the idea of subtitles put you off. It's an insanely watchable series.

• Like 1

We are literally about to start Dark - your post is quite timely as I had literally forgotten about it.

Yesterday we started and finished Manhunt: Unabomber. Absolutely amazing show that is based on the true story of the FBI's search for "Unabomber", an American Terrorist who regularly sent mail bombs across the U.S.

I can't recommend it enough, especially if you're not familiar with the case. 

• Like 1

What's the native language of the show? Is it a German series? I'll add it to the list. We're currently making our way through Peaky Blinders and then maybe we'll start watching Black Mirror or this.

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

What's the native language of the show? Is it a German series?

It's German.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

It's German.

Cheers! Is it dubbed on Netflix then or something? I'll change it to the native language and subtitle it. I can't imagine watching a show like Les Revenants with English voices, for example. 

6 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Cheers! Is it dubbed on Netflix then or something? I'll change it to the native language and subtitle it. I can't imagine watching a show like Les Revenants with English voices, for example. 

Well that's one of the advantages of living in an internationally orientated country like The Netherlands. We have all sorts of foreign TV channels in the basic package, and apart from kids cartoons nothing ever gets dubbed here. So we're used to subtitles. My Netflix is set to always play whatever the original language is.

23 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Well that's one of the advantages of living in an internationally orientated country like The Netherlands. We have all sorts of foreign TV channels in the basic package, and apart from kids cartoons nothing ever gets dubbed here. So we're used to subtitles. My Netflix is set to always play whatever the original language is.

Yeah, I noticed that @Eenuh's house in Belgium has access to all of the international channels, like French, Italian, German channels. Even BBC1 is on there, so I can watch Match of the Day when I'm abroad. :D A bit of a shame we don't have that here. At least, I don't think we do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goron_3 said:

We are literally about to start Dark - your post is quite timely as I had literally forgotten about it.

Yesterday we started and finished Manhunt: Unabomber. Absolutely amazing show that is based on the true story of the FBI's search for "Unabomber", an American Terrorist who regularly sent mail bombs across the U.S.

I can't recommend it enough, especially if you're not familiar with the case. 

Ah good ole uncle ted (no not really. Though I did have an actual uncle ted). An intensely smart man.

I actually live about 30 minutes from U of M where he gained his Masters and Doctoral. Which reminds me, if you like criminal dramas, watch Mindhunter. The scenes with Edmund Kemper are fantastic and intense and apparently very accurate to Kempers person. 

As for Dark. It’s caught my eye a couple times while browsing but I haven’t had the gumption to get involved in a series that I’ll want to pay close attention to. Especially if Subtitles are recommended (which my poor hearing I always have them on regardless). 

• Like 1

Watched Dark and Unabomber over the last month. Loved them both. I’m not one of those people who loathe dubbed programmes and I’d rather watch it in English than read subtitles. 

Dark was excellent. Really looking forward to season 2 if they decide to make one. It did get rather confusing as there are so many characters in so many time zones. 

Unabomber was really well done. You really got to know Fitz and the Unabomber and at the end felt really sorry for both of them which I guess is what they were going for. 

18 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

It's available subbed and dubbed, I'd recommend the former.

I tried to get into Dark but I wasn't hooked very quickly and gave up. I'll give it another go at some point...

I’ve seen it, as I’ve already said in the Netflix thread, defo switch the option to subs. Loved it. Great ending and can’t wait for s2. 

Watched the first 7 episodes after Daft’s recommendation. Really enjoying it so far and can’t wait to see how it plays out!

We've watched it all bar the last two, which we're going to watch tonight. I love it. Really love the subject matter and the tone of the show. It has a very similar tone to Les Revenants in places, which I absolutely adored.

Just finished watched the show last night and suddenly I can related to this quote "The future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache." from Captain Janeway in Star Trek VOY.  I love the fact that they managed to show the differences between the three time periods are not limited to the interiors but exteriors as well. I wonder if they will do the Grandfather paradox in season 2. :| 

Sign in to follow this