• Nicktendo
  • Nekunando

00:30 - 1:00 ARMS

• Sméagol
  • Nicktendo

1:00 - ??? Splatoon 2

• Whoever is available.

############ Original post ############

Or NEO YEME for short. Edit: NE OYE ME sounds fun as well.

On 29/12/2017 at 8:35 PM, Glen-i said:

Maybe I should make a new thread on this then?

No God damnit, it's my idea!

So I was wondering if there are any other people staying at home and mostly playing games at New Year's Eve (In Dutch it's called Old Year's Eve, as that makes more sense of course). To me, it's a night barely different from any other night, except with oil spheres, champagne, some fireworks outside in the distance, and a guarantee not to have to work the following day. If there are any other people not being cool and dancing their ass off at some fancy party, maybe we can organize some multiplayer sessions. Let's end the year, and start the new one, by playing games!

We need to agree on the games, and the times. I'd like it to be a representation of 2017's biggest Switch multiplayer titles, so not just Splatoon all night. I'm also thinking short session, 30 to 60 minutes.

As for the games, I'm thinking: Arms, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Rocket League, maybe Bomberman.

I'll have to think about the times, as I'm in a different timezone. Anyway, let me know if you like this idea, and if you have any suggestions.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That looks like a pretty solid selection of games to me! (though I still haven't got ARMS yet - I know, I know... But... you know... money...)

I'd suggest adding Pokken to the mix too, especially now that it has proper lobbies and tourney settings for friend matches!

Just now, Sméagol said:

No God damnit, it's my idea!

ConcernedCompleteConch-size_restricted.g

Ooooooooh!

I'm thinking we should start at traditional Mario Kart League time 8pm, with, well some Mario Kart. Maybe 1 GP for racing and one for battling. Should take about 30 minutes.

Just now, Dcubed said:

That looks like a pretty solid selection of games to me! (though I still haven't got ARMS yet - I know, I know... But... you know... money...)

I'd suggest adding Pokken to the mix too, especially now that it has proper lobbies and tourney settings for friend matches!

Yeah, that's no problem, I also don't have all the multiplayer games, so I also won't join in on every game. I suspect most of us don't have all the games. Just join in on the games you do have.

Pokken.. I actually haven't heard many people talking about that here.. Do enough people here have it and want to play it? I was personally also thinking of Doom, but I think it may have the same problem.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm thinking we should start at traditional Mario Kart League time 8pm, with, well some Mario Kart. Maybe 1 GP for racing and one for battling. Should take about 30 minutes.

It's the dove from above!

Anyway, sounds good.

OK, I think we should get some ground rules down for declararations of INness.

1. Declare yourself IN!
  2. Post what games you have access to.
  3. Suggest any games you think would be good for the night.

I'll start a schedule up, and take note of who has what games and with that info we should be able to determine what games we should play.

OK, so I'll start.

1. I'm IN!
  2. I can play Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, Pokken DX, Doom, Bomberman and Rocket League.
  3. I'm gonna go on a long shot and suggest Brawlout!

Partay Schedule (Times are based off of London Time)

8pm - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

@Glen-i

9pm - 

10pm - 

11pm - 

12pm - 

1am - 

If we can get at least 4 people on another game, I'll add it to the schedule.

Edited by Glen-i

1. IN.
2. Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, ARMS, Rocket League.
3. Can suggest Puyo Puyo or Street Fighter if anyone has them and wants to play online.

Don't have Bomberman, Pokken or Doom, unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

Oooh, Puyo Puyo is a good choice!

Partay Schedule (Times are based off of London Time)

8pm - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

@Glen-i, @Nicktendo

9pm - 

10pm - 

11pm - 

12pm - 

1am - 

I'm gonna add a "Suggested games" section to keep track of what games have been put forward but haven't got to 4 players yet.

Splatoon 2 - @Glen-i, @Nicktendo

ARMS - @Nicktendo

Super Bomberman R - @Glen-i

Doom - @Glen-i

Pokken Tournament DX - @Glen-i

Rocket League - @Glen-i, @Nicktendo

Puyo Puyo Tetris - @Glen-i, @Nicktendo

Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers - @Nicktendo

Brawlout! - @Glen-i

Edited by Glen-i

- Of course, I'm going to put the finalized schedule in the OP.
- I need some the time around 23:00 to be free, as for me that's 00:00. Though you could also simply schedule one of the games I don't own, like Rocket League.
- I'm in for Mario Kart, Arms (though I've barely played it at this point, so I'm crap at it), Splatoon of course, and Doom if it makes the cut.
- I guess we also need suggestions on what modes to play. For Mario Kart I'd suggest to keep it simple with the the general 3 GP format, with player's choice everything. Perhaps 2 GP and a battle mode.
- I suggest plenty of large breaks in between in general. Like I said, those oil spheres aren't going to eat themselves. I may not be doing anything special, but there will be plenty of food.

Some suggestion for times:

20:00 - 20:30 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

• Glen-i
  • Nicktendo
  • Sméagol

21:15 - 21:45 ?
I'd suggest Arms.

22:30 - 23:15 ?
I'd suggest Rocket League. Like I mentioned, 23:00 isn't good for me..

00:30 - 01:15 ?
I'm assuming most of you need some time around 12 O'clock as well.

01:45 - 02:30 ?
I'd suggest to finish the night off with Splatoon

That schedule looks good as of now. But MK8 will need at least 45 minutes to do 3 GP's.

Of course, the schedule will no doubt have to change a bit once tomorrow rolls around and (hopefully) more people start declaring themselves in. Anyway, here's the current suggested games now that Sméagol has stated what games he'd be up for

Splatoon 2 - Glen-i, Nicktendo, Sméagol

Arms - Nicktendo, Sméagol

Super Bomberman R - Glen-i

Doom - Glen-i, Sméagol

Pokken Tournament DX - Glen-i

Rocket League - Glen-i, Nicktendo

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Glen-i, Nicktendo

Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers - Nicktendo

Brawlout! - Glen-i

Edited by Glen-i

5 minutes ago, bob said:
21 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Whoever was in charge of naming them should be fired. They actually look quite nice.

Haha, literally translated, that's what they're called. I know it sounds disgusting in English, which is why I keep mentioning them. :D We're obviously used to it. They're deep-fried balls of dough, so the name isn't that strange.

There's a chance I might be able to jump on for a few games of something here and there, but really can't say for sure.

Hope you get some good games going though. And have a great new year! :bouncy:

:peace:

• Thanks 2

Being 8 hours ahead of you guys, I’m more likely to join the later sessions which will be my morning time. Day off on Jan 1st. So I’ll see what your playing at midnight onwards and try to join in.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I'm tentatively in for some Mazza Kart 8 and Spitoon 2, not sure what I'm doing yet. Also I haven't played much of Splatoon so I'll probably be terrible.

• Thanks 1

So going by @Sméagol's temporary schedule...

20:00 - 20:45 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

• Glen-i
  • Nicktendo
  • Sméagol
  • Ike (Tentative)

21:15 - 21:45 Possibly Arms

22:30 - 23:15 Possibly Rocket League

00:30 - 01:15 

01:45 - 02:30 Splatoon 2

Glen-i, Nicktendo, Sméagol, Ike (Tentative)

If anyone isn't happy about the Splatoon 2 times. Let us know, don't just let us two dictate everything.

The suggested games remain the same, except for Splatoon getting it's possibly fourth player.

Wait, Mario Kart 8 racing is happening tonight?

200.gif#21-grid1

Hmmm...

opu0pt.jpg

200.gif#309-grid1

• Haha 3

I'm 3 hours ahead of the UK, so putting Splatoon last might mean I'll already be in bed by then... how far ahead are you @londragon?

If it was alright with you, I'd suggest moving it forward one slot. Happy to partake in all the other action though.

50 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I'm 3 hours ahead of the UK, so putting Splatoon last might mean I'll already be in bed by then... how far ahead are you @londragon?

If it was alright with you, I'd suggest moving it forward one slot. Happy to partake in all the other action though.

Hmmm... It's starting to look like only Mario Kart and Splatoon are the only games with a number of players though. That's a shame, I was hoping for a bigger variety of games.

@Dcubed, do you think you'd be able to bust out the Jackbox games to help fill out the schedule? I'm not entirely confident I could get a stream going without your help.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Hmmm... It's starting to look like only Mario Kart and Splatoon are the only games with a number of players though. That's a shame, I was hoping for a bigger variety of games.

@Dcubed, do you think you'd be able to bust out the Jackbox games to help fill out the schedule? I'm not entirely confident I could get a stream going without your help.

1 hour ago, Nicktendo said:

I was hoping for more games / players as well, but it looks like it will be just like Thursday nights. Was hoping for some Arms action, even if I'm crap at it.

I suggest moving up Splatoon to directly follow Mario Kart, then leave it at that. Personally I'll be online for some time after 00:00 CET / 23:00 UK, so I'm up for some more games if any others are.

20:00 - 20:45 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 3 GP player's choice everything?

• Glen-i
  • Nicktendo
  • Sméagol
  • S.C.G

21:30 - 22:30 Splatoon 2 - I suggest simply public Turf War, there's no Salmon Run.

• Glen-i
  • Nicktendo
  • Sméagol

Mentioning everybody including the tentatives?

@Glen-i
@Nicktendo
@S.C.G This is the first time I noticed there's no full stop after the G. This annoys me.
@Ike

@RedShell
Sorry @londragon, it looks like there are no late night gaming sessions tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, Nicktendo said:

Wait, @Glen-i, don't you have ARMS? The three of us could get some Party Crash going after Splatoon?

Otherwise we can put a few matches in @Sméagol

'Fraid not.

Even 4 player Mario Kart races are a bit light on players. EDIT: OK, 5, but it's still quite light.

I guess there's two options when it comes to filling out the slots. Either fill the spots with CPU's or jump into a random group online for 45 minutes. What would everyone be up for?

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Sorry @londragon, it looks like there are no late night gaming sessions tonight.

Who said I wouldn't be up for more Splatoon later tonight? I suppose we could figure that out later on once @londragon is available.

Just now, Glen-i said:

'Fraid not.

Even 4 player Mario Kart races are a bit light on players. EDIT: OK, 5, but it's still quite light.

I guess there's two options when it comes to filling out the slots. Either fill the spots with CPU's or jump into a random group online for 45 minutes. What would everyone be up for?

Who said I wouldn't be up for more Splatoon later tonight? I suppose we could figure that out later on once @londragon is available.

I'd prefer to play with randoms as well, 5 is a bit light. Also, more Splatoon is never a bad thing. I'll be online all night, so whatever's going I'm happy to jump in.

Sign in to follow this