NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

N-Europe Old Year's Eve Multiplayer Extravaganza MMXVII

12 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

It was YOU! I was dominating that race until the final corner where I got bombarded with shells. Hitting me with that star began the chain reaction :cry:

Haha. Well don't worry, let me have that rare first place will you? :p I'm all too familiar with that chain reaction.. :D

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 1

One complaint about this was that it was organized only a few days in advance.

I was thinking of doing a Summer version, and was wondering if there was any interest in that. Well in advance this time, as I imagined to organize it around the Summer Solstice, which is on June the 21st, a Thursday. But I was thinking to do it the Friday or Saturday after, not only because of practical reasons, but also because Mario Tennis releases on the 22nd, which would add a major online multiplayer game to the roster. Because for the most part the roster looks to be the same, the only other major addition I'm aware of is the Streetfighter compilation.

Any interest? Yes? No? If yes, I'll make a seperate thread, and we can talk games, dates, times and other details.

• Like 2

In as long as it's a Friday or Saturday. Or during a bank holiday weekend.

Not if it's that week, what about E3 week? So that would be the weekend after the Press Conferences... Friday 15th - Sunday 17th June.

Yes I have that week off. :p

Regarding the release week of Mario Tennis, I figure that's a game which will just get played regularly anyway but you have a point. :peace:

I would love a Summer Multiplayer Extravaganza! I'd be happy to help @Sméagol with scheduling as well, if he's cool with that. Last year's one was great fun, despite the short notice.

I'm pretty sure I'll be free whenever. So once dates are settled (and assuming more people declare their interest), we should start deciding what games we play and the schedule for them.

• Thanks 1

So.. Is there any interest in actually doing this again this year, and not have it be the fiasco that was the Summer event?

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm always up for shenanigans! Provided I have access to games.

I'm assuming you're buying Smash.

15 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'm assuming you're buying Smash.

You're damn right!

• Weird 1

On 01/12/2018 at 1:55 PM, Sméagol said:

So.. Is there any interest in actually doing this again this year, and not have it be the fiasco that was the Summer event?

Last year's was fun so I'm in.

• Like 1

I'm carefully going to bring this up again, as last time didn't really work out. Any interest in this?

Two years ago it was mega. I might be busy this new year, but I’ll certainly try and be present for some games. 

• Thanks 2

We get New Year's Day off work in Taiwan, and I'm sure I'll be up bright and early on the 1st, which will be around 10pm onwards for the Eve's night.  I'll definitely try to join in on a few games.

• Thanks 2

Somewhat related, but did you play much Blazblue Crosstag Battle @Sméagol?

The version 2.0 update got released recently.

4 hours ago, Ike said:

Somewhat related, but did you play much Blazblue Crosstag Battle @Sméagol?

The version 2.0 update got released recently.

I haven't at all. It was one of those titles I bought purely for the sporadic multiplayer party I may have gone to, but it never happened. I missed one and am going to miss another one due to circumstances. I did get the season pack, so I have all the characters that aren't part of 2.0, although I'll get those later as well. I do like the set of characters and crossovers.. Not a fan of the interface though, I wish that was simpler.

Edited by Sméagol

On 06/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, Sméagol said:

I haven't at all. It was one of those titles I bought purely for the sporadic multiplayer party I may have gone to, but it never happened. I missed one and am going to miss another one due to circumstances. I did get the season pack, so I have all the characters that aren't part of 2.0, although I'll get those later as well. I do like the set of characters and crossovers.. Not a fan of the interface though, I wish that was simpler.

The character selection screen sucks. I bought the 2.0 pass, though I wish I could unbuy Blitztank.

If you're interested in some matches let me know. I've played a bit but I keep forgetting the mechanics.

Sign in to follow this