NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Miiverse archive sharing! (Share your post history while you still can!)

So... for those who have gotten Miiverse post history downloads from Nintendo, you have only until the 31/12/17 to download them.  You might have already known that... BUT!

Did you know that the URL links can be accessed by anyone? That's right! You can actually share your post history with others! But only for the next few days!

So I figured that it might be nice to make a little thread for those who want to share their Miiverse posts with others while they still can :)

Here's my post history for anyone who wants to revel in some A-class humour, a nice accomplishment with beating Metroid Fusion again with 1% item aquisition and more!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/download/244d7e7e0240281fb34661f216ca324dbf812aa975fb7dfb80c5d45851ded2f5

Or if you want to just share some old posts here, why the hell not? Take a screengrab and share your favourite Miiverse memories here!

I promise that it's not all a...

JFwiJ3a.png

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if I ever received an email about this. What email address should I search for in my spam infested mailbox? Hotmail sucks.

2 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

I'm not sure if I ever received an email about this. What email address should I search for in my spam infested mailbox? Hotmail sucks.

nintendo-noreply at ccg.nintendo.com

Subject was: Your Miiverse post history is now available

• Thanks 1

Not got anything in my inbox from that, aside from some survey and an email pestering me to redeem birthday discounts. I thought Nintendo just emailed everyone with a link to backup their posts if they wished to. It seems I needed to actually request a backup first. I'm a bit gutted, I put a lot into Miiverse. 

Oh wow! Never mind about sharing your own archives, some crazy group has managed to archive THE ENTIERTY of Miiverse!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/you_can_now_search_through_a_complete_archive_of_miiverse

It's all available to view here on Archiverse (though the site is down as of typing this).  Every single post from every single community has apparently been successfully archived, even the limited time only communities! (Nearly 17TB worth of data! :o ) and it's all searchable, even the profile pages with game experience data!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 03/01/2018 at 12:12 PM, Dcubed said:

Oh wow! Never mind about sharing your own archives, some crazy group has managed to archive THE ENTIERTY of Miiverse!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/you_can_now_search_through_a_complete_archive_of_miiverse

It's all available to view here on Archiverse (though the site is down as of typing this).  Every single post from every single community has apparently been successfully archived, even the limited time only communities! (Nearly 17TB worth of data! :o ) and it's all searchable, even the profile pages with game experience data!

Doesn't seem to have everything, was hoping to get some images from my Japanese account but it doesn't have them.

I'm guessing the fact there's 17TB of data (there's probably a lot more than that) to store is why they pulled the plug.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Doesn't seem to have everything, was hoping to get some images from my Japanese account but it doesn't have them.

I'm guessing the fact there's 17TB of data (there's probably a lot more than that) to store is why they pulled the plug.

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of screenshots are missing.  It also doesn't seem to have the list of friends/comments on each profile page either (was hoping to grab an old picture my sister drew; she forgot to get her archive link), but I can't seem to find her page (the search is super, ridiculously specific - even right down to requiring the proper capitalisation of user-names!)

Still, the fact that we have such a large snapshot of it is just amazing and fantastic to see! :D 

26 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of screenshots are missing.  It also doesn't seem to have the list of friends/comments on each profile page either (was hoping to grab an old picture my sister drew; she forgot to get her archive link), but I can't seem to find her page (the search is super, ridiculously specific - even right down to requiring the proper capitalisation of user-names!)

Here you go...

https://archiverse.guide/users/Ugh_first_aid

https://web.archive.org/web/20171012231243/https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Ugh_first_aid

You're welcome. :D

Worry about how I found it later, for now... go grab that picture. :p

Actually it wasn't that hard, I just... searched for Glen-i, then went to "yeahs" and I found you and Hazel on there. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’re a champ @S.C.G!  :peace: I couldn’t get that to work for some reason (and the search was turning up nothing!)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ike said:

Yeah it's missing quite a few images.

I was hoping they'd have a way to upload the archives created via Nintendo so you could help complete it, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks to a topic over on Era, I've just been sat reading through a lot of my old posts from Miiverse (https://archiverse.guide/). Looking back at all the games I played on the Wii U and 3DS has been quite a fun read. I honestly forgot about some of the games I played back then. It's quite funny just how often I played the Zelda and DKC games. :D Also, the Miitopia posts were hilarious. Seeing people from the forum in Mii form helping me on my quests was great. What an amazing game that was. So underappreciated.  :nono:

ImageEU8-zpMXQAIlAML?format=jpg&name=360x360EU8-zqKXQAEpUuY?format=jpg&name=360x360

EU8-zoVXQAUU__P?format=jpg&name=360x360EU8-t_WXgAAhcZC?format=jpg&name=360x360

Man, I miss Miiverse so much. The communities that were built were great and being able to talk about a game in a bubble with others who were also playing it was such a fantastic experience. I hate so much that Nintendo pulled the plug on the thing and just went with social media services instead. :( 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Miiverse gave birth to so many great Ninty community moments that you'll never get anywhere else.

Of course, we all know about the famous "Why can't Metroid crawl?" person who ended up completing Super Metroid with the help of Miiverse. That guy whose Miiverse page was mostly pictures of water he thought looked good. That one shovelware horse game where no-one played the game but just drew funny horse pictures.

The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Virtual Console games were surprisingly popular on Miiverse because of the rescue system. People used that board mainly to ask other people to rescue their fainted team, despite neither game having that kind of online feature built in. It was a real life Rescue Team Job Board.

Miiverse will always be the best thing about the WiiU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Man, I miss Miiverse so much.

Same. I've mentioned this before but Miiverse was at its best when it was integrated directly into a game, such as the comments popping up in levels in Mario Maker, the graffiti in Splatoon, people helping each other out in Mario 3D World, or finding messages in tingle bottles from other players in Wind Waker HD.

I am still surprised they didn't continue Miiverse in some way for the switch, it would have added value to the service and loads of games would have benefited from it. Its a shame.

• Sad 1

Sign in to follow this