NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Catherine: Full Body (PS4 & Vita)

Atlus has announced that a remake of Catherine will be released for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, called Catherine: Full Body.

Developed by Studio Zero, a live stream for the game will take place on December 22, 2017 at 7:30 JST.

Cool. I never got to play the original on the PS3, so I'll certainly be keeping my eye on this version. Atlus also delivering the goods on the Vita. They know their audience well.

You know what? Sod it, I don't care if it counts as port begging.  Why the hell is this coming to Vita and not Switch!? It makes absolutely no sense!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

You know what? Sod it, I don't care if it counts as port begging.  Why the hell is this coming to Vita and not Switch!? It makes absolutely no sense!

Probably the same reason why the new Persona DAN games are coming to PS4/Vita and not Switch, the fanbase is on those devices. Not every game has to be on the Switch.

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Probably the same reason why the new Persona DAN games are coming to PS4/Vita and not Switch, the fanbase is on those devices. Not every game has to be on the Switch.

Persona Q is the best selling Persona spinoff in the series (267.172) easily outselling P4 Arena (191.748) and P4 Dancing All Night (124.334).

At this point, Vita is deader than a squashed rodent after it has had a grenade chucked at it.  There is no way on Metatron's earth that Catherine would sell more on Vita than Switch.  No chance in hell.

This move is about as baffling as making another EO game for 3DS instead of Switch... Oh wait...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 2

Fair enough.

Personally, I'm just sick of Nintendo gamers crying every time a game isn't announced for the Switch. It's as if people forget that console exclusive games are a thing. The port begging for the Switch is just beyond ridiculous at this point.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

At this point, Vita is deader than a squashed rodent after it has had a grenade chucked at it.  There is no way on Metatron's earth that Catherine would sell more on Vita than Switch.  No chance in hell.

Quote of the day! :D

I'm happy this remake is coming out though, I have the original but I never got to play it so... I'll probably buy this version and maybe play it this time. :p

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The port begging for the Switch is just beyond ridiculous at this point.

Speaking of ports on the Switch, I would love to know how many games have been ported to the console until now.

I loved the bar stuff in Catherine but really did hate the puzzle stuff.

....I'll probably still end up getting this though.

Well I'm happy it's being remade, I would prefer it on switch also,but I'll take what I can get!

Back to weird sheep people it is

I was initially more surprised about the lack of a PC version. But I guess Atlus never really had a presence there, huh?

20 hours ago, Dcubed said:

What? again?

Yes, it only has a second release on a dead handheld, not nearly enough people got to experience the extra content and it could do with a visual upgrade. I think the game made a name for itself with P4G that would've gained it sales if it was out on a current console.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, P4 is one of the best games ever, while Catherine is a genuine scream fest.

Catherine also got quite a push the past year or so from the eSports community. I think it turns up at a lot of tournaments.

Catherine is a great game but releasing a remake of it for VIta is a very weird choice.

Also, what's wrong with gamers wanting companies to port games to the Switch as well? It truly doesn't make sense that this isn't getting a release on Xbox One and Switch (and PC?) unless Sony is paying for it which is probably the reason. The game would suit perfectly well for Switch.

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

It truly doesn't make sense that this isn't getting a release on Xbox One and Switch (and PC?) unless Sony is paying for it which is probably the reason. 

Could do with the fact that the PS3 version of the game sold twice as much as the 360 version. (VGChartz) and then given the sort of attach rates and install base of the PS4 vs the One, they probably don’t see money in a Xbox port. The vita makes some sense in that maybe they’ll offer crossbuy or crossplay and perhaps it’s a much simpler port to achieve (because the install base argument applies to it as well).

The switch might be leaving money on the table though. How have 3rd party sales been on it so far?

Sign in to follow this