NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kaepora_Gaebora

Wolfenstein II: The New Collosus

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Now, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I have the most humongous pockets and there's absolutely no way of getting a Switch in there. Not without it poking out and serving as a "Please mug me" sign.

Sorry to clarify, the screen in one, the joy con in the other :p

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Sorry to clarify, the screen in one, the joy con in the other :p

I still wouldn't classify that as very pocketable, not without ruining your screen over time. It's still gonna be a tight fit.

A travel case is pretty much mandatory for the Switch, what with it not having no clamshell design. No Switch case is gonna be designed for carrying it without the Joycons attached.

I don't think I've ever taken my Switch outside of the house. However, my 3DS still has a cheeky journey to work with me every now and then for some lunch time gaming.

I briefly considered buying this, but looking on Amazon and seeing the PS4 version £30 cheaper means it's just never going to happen.

It looks like the game crashed and burned on the Switch in the UK.

Crash did well for a year late port. Switch ver. opening was higher than DKTF but not significantly so. 

Wolf 2 absolutely bombed on Switch. It sold less than the packaged PC version did in its first week. I didn't know people even purchased packaged PC games anymore. Switch is suffering from a similar issue to prior Nintendo consoles where mature games never sold well.

• Sad 1

It's nothing to do with it being mature, it's because it's more than double the price of the other versions, due to it being several months behind in releasing.

• Like 1

That's a shame, I bought it and from the "quick go" on it last night which turned into "three hours later..." I'm finding it to be a fantastic port. :D

But that's the issue, it's a port, not everyone wants to buy it for £40 over getting it for £10 on other platforms or even double-dip on it which is understandable. ::shrug:

Of course, this doesn't take away from the fantastic job Panic Button have done with moving the whole game across to the Switch which in itself is pure technical wizardry. :peace:

I will say this though... playing this game in docked mode, in the height of Summer... I do fear for my Switch as it was definitely getting fairly warm by the end of the session.

Leaving it out to cool down before putting it away seemed like the best thing to do, it will probably be fine but it's pretty clear that this is a demanding title for the machine.

As for the game itself, it's fantastic! And don't worry too much if you haven't played the previous game as you will be filled in on previous events and even have to make some choices.

I don't know if this happens in the original version or if what we have here is another "Mass Effect 3 Wii U" situation but it's certainly a useful addition so you can make "that" decision.

(Trying to keep things as spoiler-free as possible in case anyone is going back to the first game(s) before this one)

Worth the money? For me, yes as I wanted to experience Wolfenstein II on the Switch and it doesn't disappoint, plus it's good to support both talanted sets of developers. :smile:

I completely understand people not wanting to buy it though for various reasons, but if you are on the fence then I'd say it's worth picking up but I'd advise getting a physical copy, as there is an 8GB portion of the game to install but at least it's less than what... over 20GB for the full digital title? #SaveSwitchStorageSpace :p

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bob said:

It's nothing to do with it being mature, it's because it's more than double the price of the other versions, due to it being several months behind in releasing.

Apparently South Park on the Switch done very similar numbers as Wolfenstein when that launched in April. Late ports at a higher price aren't going to appeal to the savvy shoppers here in the UK. Crash launched this week on both the Xbox One and Switch, at the same price as each other, with all the extra content and it's done great. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Apparently South Park on the Switch done very similar numbers as Wolfenstein when that launched in April. Late ports at a higher price aren't going to appeal to the savvy shoppers here in the UK. Crash launched this week on both the Xbox One and Switch, at the same price as each other, with all the extra content and it's done great. 

South Park could have helped it's case by actually including the DLC.

Very cheeky of them to sell it separately, given how late it was.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

South Park could have helped it's case by actually including the DLC.

Very cheeky of them to sell it separately, given how late it was.

What also would have helped is if it didn't have a game breaking bug in it. :D 

• Haha 1

Yeah well, I'm getting it anyway (in a few days). I'd really like to see the new Doom on Switch, so I'm buying this for support and well, because I want to play an fps game.

• Like 1

This has 50% off in the US eShop, I was sorta expecting this when our eShop updated but it wasn't included.

Just mentioning it here in case anybody has a US account and wanted to pick it up.  Personally I'm waiting to see if it's included an the EU New Year's Sale.

3 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

This has 50% off in the US eShop, I was sorta expecting this when our eShop updated but it wasn't included.

Just mentioning it here in case anybody has a US account and wanted to pick it up.  Personally I'm waiting to see if it's included an the EU New Year's Sale.

That’s an amazing sale. 

I hope that both Doom and Wolfenstein both get those discounts over on the UK store soon as they will definitely be snapped up if they do. 

I will likely triple dip Yooka Laylee if it goes under £15 too. Although looks like that won’t be happening any time soon! 

Sign in to follow this