NEurope
Dcubed

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (Switch)

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/street-fighter-30th-anniversary-collection-announced-ps4-xbo-pc-switch-12-games-40-may-2018.10529/

DQuFErrUEAE-Q5p.jpg

Includes all of the SF2, SF3 and SFA series.  SFII: Hyper Fighting, SSFII: Turbo, SF Alpha 3 and SFIII: Third Strike all have online play.

Switch passed the test. This is a great package. Nintendo need to release some Dpad joycons though!!! 

Capcom releasing SF2 on switch @ full price then releasing this is a dick move. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, liger05 said:

Capcom releasing SF2 on switch @ full price then releasing this is a dick move. 

Yep :indeed:

Edited by Ronnie

Very happy about this, I absolutely love Street fighter 3 and Alpha 2, and pretty much like all of the others.

Nice! This is a much better option than Streetfighter 2 HD.. I'll be getting this.

I'll be getting this but just the Switch version. Gotta have a Hori D-pad or my arcade stick(s). :D

This is a fantastic collection which deserves a place on any gamers shelf regardless of format. :)

I'm guessing that I won't be playing my prized Street Fighter games that I have on the Dreamcast and Saturn very much anymore though...

...at least there's the dozen other Capcom fighters which will keep me going back to those formats at least. :peace:

It's a fantastic time to be a gamer right now, Capcom are knocking it out of the park once again,  redeeming themselves somewhat across the formats. ;)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

Lol, I probably did sound a bit more harsh on the Switch version than I meant to. Basically the pro controller would be fine for me but I would never play it in handheld mode because of the d-pad so that takes away the main bonus it would have for me so I may as well play it on a console I own a fight stick for, might play a bit smoother (although who knows until it comes out) and I will still be able to play online with once the Nintendo fees start.

It's gonna be interesting playing through some of these Street Fighter games again though. I haven't played the III's and Alphas since they first released.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Lol, I probably did sound a bit more harsh on the Switch version than I meant to. Basically the pro controller would be fine for me but I would never play it in handheld mode because of the d-pad so that takes away the main bonus it would have for me so I may as well play it on a console I own a fight stick for, might play a bit smoother (although who knows until it comes out) and I will still be able to play online with once the Nintendo fees start.

It's gonna be interesting playing through some of these Street Fighter games again though. I haven't played the III's and Alphas since they first released.

Nah, it's cool... I understood you completely. :)

You need to have the right controller with the best D-Pad or an arcade stick for Street Fighter, so for yourself this is probably PS4 or PC as I'm guessing that's what your arcade stick works with?

For me, I'm lucky enough to own one of those Hori GameCube controllers with the larger D-Pad and SNES-style layout plus I picked up a second Hori Arcade Stick for Switch in a sale so I'm set. :peace:

I likely won't play it in handheld mode unless we get a Joy-con with a proper D-Pad so it'll mostly be played on the big screen here as well.

I'm excited to play through a load of these Street Fighter titles, it's been a while since we last had a port of the first game on Wii Virtual Console. :D

Nice!

Glad I never bought Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers. :grin:

I used to have a GCN arcade stick (not sure where it is though, or if I even still have it :blank:) would be cool if that works on Switch via the GCN adapter.

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Nice!

Glad I never bought Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers. :grin:

I used to have a GCN arcade stick (not sure where it is though, or if I even still have it :blank:) would be cool if that works on Switch via the GCN adapter.

It should work.  They’re just standard GCN controllers as far as the console is concerned and I know that the DK Bongos and Mario DDR Dance Mat work with the GCN controller adapter.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

It should work.  They’re just standard GCN controllers as far as the console is concerned and I know that the DK Bongos and Mario DDR Dance Mat work with the GCN controller adapter.

Yeah, the reason I say that is I do remember trying it out on something else (Wii or PC, not sure now) and it didn’t work on that with certain games which played fine with a standard GCN controller. Anyway, will definitely test it on Switch... if I ever find it. :hehe:

Oh wow!  I'm such a purist, I'd probably get this just to have the real arcade games.  Now we just need a Capcom brawlers collection!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't help but laugh at the bare-face cheek of it. I imagine there's people looking at the SF2 HD icon on their Switch and silently raging. I don't blame them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I can't help but laugh at the bare-face cheek of it. I imagine there's people looking at the SF2 HD icon on their Switch and silently raging. I don't blame them.

I was happy to do my part in helping the Switch past the test and get this. :p 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I was happy to do my part in helping the Switch past the test and get this. :p 

Me too, even if I do feel completely ripped off now! 

This is pretty much everything I've ever wanted. My desert island game so long as I get phone wifi tethering. I'll whup your ass over a one bar connection.

This better have GGPO based rollback netcode. It would be criminal if you could get better versions of these games for free on fightcade.

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers is a HD remaster (+ a few small additions) remember.  These are pure arcade ports.  So it's not like you're getting the game you already have in this if you buy it.

This collection is looking awesome.  Definitely one for me to pick up on Switch.

Edited by V. Amoleo

I'd be fucked off if I had bought SF for Switch earlier in the year for £40 or so when this is being released with all of these games for the same price.

I don't know a lot about Street Fighter but what is the difference between all of these versions of SF2 and SF3?

3 hours ago, Blade said:

I don't know a lot about Street Fighter but what is the difference between all of these versions of SF2 and SF3?

OK, let's give this a go... :p

Street Fighter II - The original game, has eight playable characters and four CPU controlled characters, not the fastest running version but it's solid.
Street Fighter II Turbo - Faster speed than the original, new special moves for almost all of the characters apart from Guile and the four Grand Masters.
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - Four new playable characters, enhanced visual and audio elements in addition to roster balancing.

Street Fighter III - The original game, has eleven playable characters, the gameplay introduces abilities from both the Alpha series and Darkstalkers, you can also parry.
Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact - Two brand new characters (Hugo and Urien) Yun and Yang from the first game also became separate characters, Akuma returns, new specials, roster expanded to fourteen characters.
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Chun-Li returns, plus four new characters (Makoto, Remy, Q, and Twelve) giving you twenty characters, new stages, endings and voice actors for certain characters and general balancing.

Obviously this is quite a simplified list of changes so it won't go into the smaller changes but these are the basic documented differences between the major versions of SF2 and SF3. :D

• Thanks 1

Has anyone bought this?

I was very interested, but having seen the £15 price difference between Switch and other versions... think I'm gonna have to skip it purely for that BS alone.

17 minutes ago, DuD said:

Has anyone bought this?

I was very interested, but having seen the £15 price difference between Switch and other versions... think I'm gonna have to skip it purely for that BS alone.

Nope.

I probably would've if it weren't for the pricing BS you mentioned (plus the fact I think it's somewhat overpriced to begin with). As it stands though I'm happy to wait for it to go on sale. 

It's £36 on the Norwegian Eshop which I thought was ok, but I thought i'd check physical prices and the other versions are £20!! 

• Thanks 1