NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Bayonetta 3 (28th October)

59 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

There was a Bayo 2 demo on the WiiU.

Good to know. Just checked on nintendo.co.uk and there doesn't appear to be a demo for any of the three that I can send to my Switch. Perhaps one (or three) will be added in the coming months.

Fantastic news that it's coming out this year but I wish I hadn't watched that trailer, it showed way too much.

3 minutes ago, killthenet said:

it showed way too much.

Isn't that kind of Bayonetta's deal?

a07fbb3ed637c9a21552a61a20774302.gif

• Haha 3

On that topic of showing way too much, Platinum have shared that there will be a "Naive Angel Mode" for those who like their video games a little less risqué:

Rest assured.
I'm taking it off 😎👍

For the enjoyment of more people, #Bayonetta3 features the revolutionary "Naive Angel Mode".

By turning this mode "ON", you can play without any awkward atmosphere in the living room... maybe ❗️.

A hilarious but neat addition, wouldn't mind seeing this crop up elsewhere if it means more people getting to try new games out. 

On the other hand, now I'm sure people will be asking for less risqué games to have a more risqué option :p

Sooo... turn that mode on to avoid being turned on?

Wonder if there's a pop-up like when games recommend assist/ casual mode. "Getting turned on? Consider Naive Angel Mode if you'd prefer to have less of a hard time."

Please enjoy.

• Haha 4

The Wii vitality sensor re-emerges as a pack in with Bayonetta 3, attach it to your genitals and the game will let you know when your level of arousal becomes too high.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Sooo... turn that mode on to avoid being turned on?

Wonder if there's a pop-up like when games recommend assist/ casual mode. "Getting turned on? Consider Naive Angel Mode if you'd prefer to have less of a hard time."

Please enjoy.

Yeah, "Naive Angel Mode" is definitely a name where they knew what they were doing, sounds like anything but :laughing: got to sell those copies in Japan I guess! 

2 minutes ago, killthenet said:

The Wii vitality sensor re-emerges as a pack in with Bayonetta 3, attach it to your genitals and the game will let you know when your level of arousal becomes too high.

hornyjail-bonk.gif

Wonder what the obvious Labo tie-in will end up looking like... :D

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Wonder what the obvious Labo tie-in will end up looking like

You mean Labia tie-in?

This day is getting worse by the minute.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Julius said:

Wonder what the obvious Labo tie-in will end up looking like... :D

Well I'm not proud of it, but I found it :laughing: this but Realistic Gun Lady instead of Anime Sword Girls:

h9CF6E9BD

Edited by Julius
  • Confused 1
  • Weird 2

5 minutes ago, Julius said:

Yeah, "Naive Angel Mode" is definitely a name where they knew what they were doing, sounds like anything but :laughing: got to sell those copies in Japan I guess! 

Not sure how to read this as I was under the impression Japan is as risque as it gets. :confused: 

Are you saying the inclusion of this mode is a way to make the game more appealing in the Switch's native market?

• Confused 1

Just now, darksnowman said:

Not sure how to read this as I was under the impression Japan is as risque as it gets. :confused: 

Are you saying the inclusion of this mode is a way to make the game more appealing in the Switch's native market?

No, I'm on about the name of the mode in particular (which is what I said in my post); they certainly have a tendency across their many forms of entertainment to lean into things with some sense of purity/naiveté and play it up, and so the title of the mode just seems like a fun, tongue-in-cheek way of doing that. I'm probably doing a poor job of explaining this though so just ignore me :p

The move is clearly one to sell a normally mature game to audiences who might come up against some resistance when trying to play it (parents, religion, whatever), as well as to just make it less awkward for some blokes and lasses who don't want someone walking in and seeing them play this for whatever reason. Though, I'm sure that applies to some Japanese folk as much as it does elsewhere in the world :smile:

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

The move is clearly one to sell a normally mature game to audiences who might come up against some resistance when trying to play it (parents, religion, whatever), as well as to just make it less awkward for some blokes and lasses who don't want someone walking in and seeing them play this for whatever reason.

I'd bet my ass that this is not the reason and it's rather a move to be politically correct in these times when boobs and asses being shown is criticized to oblivion.

• Like 2

I thought it was a new difficulty option at first. Sounded like it but now I know it's not something I'm ever going to turn on. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I'd bet my ass that this is not the reason and it's rather a move to be politically correct in these times when boobs and asses being shown is criticized to oblivion.

Yeah, I can definitely see that, and I'd add it to the list of reasons for having this mode. I think you're right in that it could probably be the primary motivator behind including the mode, but there are reasons across the board to make a move like this.

I can't help but wonder if in some regions which are a bit (read: way) more on the extreme end of what can and can't be shown, if Nintendo would consider releasing the game there with the game only presented in Naive Angel Mode. It might seem like a stretch but this definitely seems like it could make the game more palatable to those regions. 

Adding options is always a case of more upsides - for business and consumer - than it is downsides, so I think it's the smart move; if anything it's just a funny sounding mode.

Not to comment on Bayonetta in particular (because I haven't played any), but there are definitely times where characters in all mediums are oversexualised to all hell and back, and that goes for male, female, and non-binary characters, and it's not always in great taste. I mean, where are these people complaining about boobs and asses when Kiryu is ripping off his shirt just to show off his back tattoo and throw down Yakuza style with his new friends, huh?! 

nani-yakuza.gif

I'd agree with you in that shaming or defending things like this can definitely go overboard very easily in either direction (unfortunately that's the case for pretty much everything these days, so nothing new there), which never achieves anything ::shrug: like, if Bayonetta being dressed a certain way isn't for someone and causes offence to them in some way or another, awesome, you do you and just play whatever else you want to play, however you want to play it! 

Huh... Out of all the things Bayonetta could've nicked from her appearance in Smash Bros, I wasn't expecting the toned down hair loss when wicked weaves are in play.

It's an option though, so I'm all for it's inclusion. Especially with a name like that!

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Doubt it. They're not removing content, so any twitterstorm will still happen (and I'm positive those work as free publicity anyway).

I bet my own ass that this mode will feature some costume/accessory that technically covers more of Bayo's skin, but somehow makes her sexier and more risqué.

9 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I bet my own ass that this mode will feature some costume/accessory that technically covers more of Bayo's skin, but somehow makes her sexier and more risqué.

The funny thing is that I could totally see it going that way, I think everyone has talked to at least one other person in their life about this phenomena, and my only conclusion is that humans are weird. 

I do also think it'd be funny if they just kept stuff like ass shots in the game but then just pixel censored the entire scene every single time :laughing:

Or better yet for Naive Angel Mode: how about a Michelin Man costume? 

3d67ad00893e3d6e7ec3f83ca332b81a.gif

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I mean, the other two games had the Peach/Daisy costumes, which stopped Bayo from doing her typical "losing her clothes" thing with wicked weaves, yet somehow were more raunchy then her actual outfit somehow.

The funny thing about that is that the initial design for those were more conservative with the outfit then the final version, until someone at Nintendo stepped in and said that they needed to be more racy because it fits Bayonetta better.

I hope Bayo 3 has some more Nintendo inspired outfits. They were fun, especially because they actually affected her moveset a little. (Wicked Weaves being replaced with Bowser himself when wearing the Peach/Daisy outfit, the Fox outfit giving Bayo mini Arwings for guns, complete with double lasers when powered up, etc.)

Also really funny in cutscenes, seeing as they were mostly in-game ones.

Edited by Glen-i

bayonetta3releasedatebanner.620x0.webp

Bayonetta 3 will be released in October on the Nintendo Switch

Now up on the main page.

Press release and video, though you need to be signed in to view the YT video due to age restrictions. :indeed:

5 hours ago, Julius said:

No, I'm on about the name of the mode in particular (which is what I said in my post); they certainly have a tendency across their many forms of entertainment to lean into things with some sense of purity/naiveté and play it up, and so the title of the mode just seems like a fun, tongue-in-cheek way of doing that. I'm probably doing a poor job of explaining this though so just ignore me :p

The move is clearly one to sell a normally mature game to audiences who might come up against some resistance when trying to play it (parents, religion, whatever), as well as to just make it less awkward for some blokes and lasses who don't want someone walking in and seeing them play this for whatever reason. Though, I'm sure that applies to some Japanese folk as much as it does elsewhere in the world :smile:

I wasn't sure if, reading between the lines, you were trying to inform us that the series hadn't been performing to the expected levels in Japan due to it being for hornballs and this mode is an attempt to capture that market is all. :) 

I'm sure little Johnny in the west will be coy and naive with his parents, but he'll be going full handheld mode with it as soon as he gets the chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I'm sure little Johnny in the west will be coy and naive with his parents, but he'll be going full handheld mode with it as soon as he gets the chance.

EnragedAfraidIsopod.webp

• Haha 3

New, extended trailer from todays Nintendo Direct.

Looks absolutely bonkers, very ambitious and way over the top! I love the look of it all :D Viola looks like a cool character to play as, with quite a different approach than Bayonetta. And Bayonettas new moves looks insane. Love that she changes way more with her weapons this time around. I'm getting very hyped for this game!