NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Bayonetta 1+2

I was so looking forward to playing through these again, but I’ve just got too much on my plate. Xenoblade to finish, Resident Evil Revelations 1 + 2, Skyrim, to start, and many indies. This will have to wait quite a while.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Wait till you see Joy... You'll be taking a lot more pics than that ;) 

8 hours ago, drahkon said:

I'm waiting...

@Aneres11 I'M WAITING

Wait. Y'all know in homo right? 

:laughing:

Still, I'm sure I'll appreciate Joy and all of her... Assets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Wait. Y'all know in homo right? 

:laughing:

Still, I'm sure I'll appreciate Joy and all of her... Assets. 

What does this have to do with you being gay?

JUST PLAY THE GAME AND TAKE THE DAMN PICTURES.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I had these on the WiiU but never played more than a few hours of the first one. Played around 4 hours so far and I’m enjoying it. 

I'm ready to throw my switch at the wall with this game currently. Chapter 6 verse 5. 

What even the hell. I do think that this is a difficult game. I feel like a lot of the combat is extremely reliant on skill and activating witch time through dodging successfully. The problem is understanding the attack patterns of the opponent's to know when to dodge. 

This chapter in particular is tricky as as soon as you kill the first two on the stairs, two more come along. 

Really struggling. I want to see Joy too damnit!! 

• Thanks 1

Too much god damn Joy!

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130622234717

Edited by londragon
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Man the fuck up. :p

Do you want these .jpegs of Joy or not? 

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

Gitgud? Don’t be afraid to switch up your weapons also. 

8 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Do you want these .jpegs of Joy or not? 

tenor.gif

I could use google :p But it's more fun this way.

• Haha 1

You know, there's nothing wrong with lowering the difficulty until you get the hang of it.

Bayonetta 1 on Easy, Bayonetta 2 on Normal. That's how I did it, and once I did that, I managed to play through Hard on both games with not much difficulty.

Oh, and if you haven't yet, buy Bat Within, best thing in the game.

Edited by Glen-i

Oh I didn't know you could lower the difficulty. 

To be honest I love actually finding a way through as it is so satisfying! I can buy that bat move now though, so I'll give the Gates of Hell a visit! 

On 03/03/2018 at 12:08 PM, Aneres11 said:

I'm ready to throw my switch at the wall with this game currently. Chapter 6 verse 5. 

What even the hell. I do think that this is a difficult game. I feel like a lot of the combat is extremely reliant on skill and activating witch time through dodging successfully. The problem is understanding the attack patterns of the opponent's to know when to dodge. 

This chapter in particular is tricky as as soon as you kill the first two on the stairs, two more come along. 

Really struggling. I want to see Joy too damnit!! 

That had me screaming at my tele too. I find that sometimes either I get lucky or the difficulty often changes. One verse I could be stuck for ages getting killed over and over, then I’ll go through a couple with no issues at all. 

Love the games, but damn they are rage inducing sometimes. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone else pick this up?

I got it last week and have been playing through Bayonetta 1, finished it last night on normal difficulty. Still adore these games and definitely glad it got a re-release on Switch. Trying to go through again and buy everything from the shop / get some platinum trophies, which I'm really struggling to do. The first game is way harder than the second as I remember. I platinumed that one pretty easily, but the first game is proving to be a struggle. Was watching a walkthrough of the game last night and it's amazing how much slowdown there is on the 360 version, where as on the Switch I didn't notice it at all docked, though there were minor instances in the handheld. 

Will start the second one soon, and hope the third gets a release in time for Xmas :grin:

19 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Absolutely... it's at the top of the pile on what I am now calling my Sealed Switch Shelf of Shame because I just haven't had the time to replay either of the Bayonetta titles. :blush:

I'll play them again closer to the release date of Bayonetta 3 most likely. :)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I got it last week and have been playing through Bayonetta 1, finished it last night on normal difficulty. Still adore these games and definitely glad it got a re-release on Switch. Trying to go through again and buy everything from the shop / get some platinum trophies, which I'm really struggling to do. The first game is way harder than the second as I remember. I platinumed that one pretty easily, but the first game is proving to be a struggle. Was watching a walkthrough of the game last night and it's amazing how much slowdown there is on the 360 version, where as on the Switch I didn't notice it at all docked, though there were minor instances in the handheld. 

Will start the second one soon, and hope the third gets a release in time for Xmas :grin:

I finished Bayonetta 2 for review in just over 9 hours (several hours quicker than my Wii U time) and I enjoyed it more this time around so downloaded the original Bayonetta shortly after but haven't tried it properly yet. I've only played through the opening moments but it just wasn't the right time!

The fact that I'm working my way through God of War on PS2 right now means I'll probably hold fire for a little while yet :heh:

First two chapters of Bayontta 2 and two platinum awards. Yep, definitely easier :D

Finally got around to play this games. I love it :D. Four hours in so far.

Just met joy. Hooo boy, here I am, playing on a train. I'm nervous about anyone peeking over my shoulder...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArtMediocre said:

Finally got around to play this games. I love it :D. Four hours in so far.

Just met joy. Hooo boy, here I am, playing on a train. I'm nervous about anyone peeking over my shoulder...

Every time I bring the Switch to my local community centre, I have to keep attention away from the fact that Bayonetta 1 and 2 are there on the menu.

Because these kids have played Smash Bros, they really like playing as Bayo. They are going to ask questions about her two games...

• Haha 2

Yes, I'm actually bumping this bad girl. I finally managed to get the time to beat the first of these two games. Finally. Just took a couple of years. The story took some time to get into, and I just played it on easy because I wanted to breeze through it. If I thought the game was bizarre at the beginning, my mind kinda melted after I got near the end. Jesus, it took some proper crazy japanese turns with the space battles and everything. 

Truly a joy to play, and the controls felt really, really good. I ended up loving the katana + foot-guns combo. Made for a varied and powerful fighting style. Not sure if I'd get through the game on hard (I highly doubt it), but easy was a good entry point. Now that I've had a couple of weeks away from Bayonetta, I think it's time to get into the second game. I wanna try to go through and collect a lot of platinum awards in that game, and take some more time playing it as I understand it is the better game of the two. 

This will pump me up to playing the third game when it launches in the future too :D.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone else find these games quite overwhelming? I'm loving Bayonetta 2 but I find it SO frantic and intense that I can only play for short periods at a time. Looking forward to 3 which will hopefully arrive next year.

• Thanks 1

On 14/11/2018 at 5:07 PM, Tim B said:

Does anyone else find these games quite overwhelming? I'm loving Bayonetta 2 but I find it SO frantic and intense that I can only play for short periods at a time. Looking forward to 3 which will hopefully arrive next year.

I didn't have much of a problem with Bayonetta 2 but when I finally played the first game last month, it was much more difficult to time dodges and activate Witch Time (I feel like the window for that was perhaps stricter than the sequel ::shrug: )

Despite heavily disliking every single character, I liked Bayonetta 2, for the most part, and gave it a more than respectable 8/10 for N-Europe. By the time I went back and ploughed my way through the original, though, I was tired of the relentless button mashing and was kinda glad when it was over.

I'm not excited for the third game (I haven't been a huge fan of the majority of Platinum's output) but I'll still be interested to see how it turns out :smile:

Sign in to follow this