NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Soul Calibur VI

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Anyway, finished the main story mode last night. Inferno was challenging for sure, even when I was using Kilik, a character which I am much more familiar with even if they have radically changed him for this game which broke some flow I had from him previously. I remembered to save video footage of the final boss fight but I'm not in a position yet to be able to upload the final boss fight to Youtube yet as I still need to upload the final part of Arcade mode with Groh, who has now replaced Kilik as my "main" in this game.

I'm finding Soul Chronicle's story mode a lot better if you do everything in chronological order. Sure, you get multiple plotlines at once which can be hard to keep up with but within the general timeframe some character's stories lead into each other. For instance, one of Seung Mi-Na's story chapters picked up right after you face her in Ivy's story mode. Kilik's story also made the main campaign feel like more of a journey for him rather than just 20 chapters that take about 3 minutes each to complete. Not to mention that not all of the chapters have fights in which I understand, the characters can't always be in conflict but in a fighting game that does reduce the actual amount of gameplay that you do. If you were to just play the main campaign though I think it's about 5 or 6 fights before the story starts to climax into it's big finale and the multi stage boss fight against Nightmare/Inferno which doesn't even cover the final chapter of the game which is just simply the ending credits. I would recommend finishing the story mode though because you unlock Inferno if you do so.

Speaking of Inferno, I love that they use Hellfire from SCII as the basis for an entirely new tune for the final boss theme.

Updated my Custom Character showcase, made Sora and Riku in Kingdom Hearts 3 designs and Susie from Deltarune. So, that video I posted earlier is now out of date and needs updating:

Some of the guys got edited since last time slightly so I felt they were showing off again, the Incineroar was something that got revised after the head was too big...

https://www.dualshockers.com/soulcalibur-6-balance-patch-create-a-soul-dlc/amp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Not that anyone is still playing this but the DLC that will expand the game will include music from previous games. That's in addition to more custom character parts.

2B got released as DLC and two more characters are upcoming. Nice to see Bandai Namco are still supporting this game... for now.

Sign in to follow this