NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Soul Calibur VI

Can I just say: I hate how his outfit sexualizes men. IT'S AN OUTRAGE!

• Haha 2

Tira, once again wielding her giant ring of death, has been revealed as a returning character in SoulCalibur VI, but she won't technically be part of the title's starting roster. To unlock her, you either need to buy the game's season pass (which is yet to be fully detailed), or purchase her individually as a downloadable character.

And with that I'm out. ::shrug: 

Shame, was really looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Just read about that now. It's absolutely shocking that developers are still pulling garbage like this. The fact they haven't shown the full roster yet and have already started asking customers for more money is ridiculous.

Crazy to think that Smash Bros Ultimate has all of that content packed into the base game, showing you that you can actually make a fighting game without resorting to these kinds of practices.

17 minutes ago, drahkon said:

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just read about that now. It's absolutely shocking that developers are still pulling garbage like this. The fact they haven't shown the full roster yet and have already started asking customers for more money is ridiculous.

Crazy to think that Smash Bros Ultimate has all of that content packed into the base game, showing you that you can actually make a fighting game without resorting to these kinds of practices.

Imagine buying the next FIFA and you get told that the Season Pass contains access to Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Swansea City. Barcelona isn't part of the Season Pass, but they can be bought for £7.99, but this is without Messi. Lionel Messi is available in Year 2's Season Pass, which also contains "Classic Real Madrid" featuring Ronaldo with Zidane on the touchline. 

6 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Imagine buying the next FIFA and you get told that the Season Pass contains access to Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Swansea City. Barcelona isn't part of the Season Pass, but they can be bought for £7.99, but this is without Messi. Lionel Messi is available in Year 2's Season Pass, which also contains "Classic Real Madrid" featuring Ronaldo with Zidane on the touchline. 

Don't give EA any ideas!

Well, that's me cancelling another pre-order then. :blank:

I guess I'll just wait for the "Ultimate" version when it finally gets released on disc with the full character roster a year later. ::shrug:

I saw that awesome trailer earlier and it just left me thinking... "Oh cool, Soul Calibur is back in style! What's the catch?" and here it is. :hmm:

Scratch that... I have Soul Calibur II on the GameCube (the best version) and it looks great with a HDMI adapter, so I'm not too worried in the meantime. :D

Edited by S.C.G

"So, the idea is Tira has been a huge request from the community since we announced the game, and when we realised how popular Tira was, we decided to integrate her into the game. Unfortunately, it was late into the development process," Tartaix explains.

"The public usually sees a game when it's announced, roughly a year before it's released, but a game's development can take two years, three years -- it's a long, long process. So we started developing Tira -- her model, her abilities, her gameplay -- late into development, so we can make it work to be there on release, but we can't make it work to be in the game when we submit. The end of [the game's] development is way before the release of the game."

via Pushsquare.com

Why even try? You're greedy and that's all it is.

It's a shame. If sales suck, they'll probably come to the conclusion people just don't want Soul Calibur anymore, rather than people being put off by day 1 DLC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

It's a shame. If sales suck, they'll probably come to the conclusion people just don't want Soul Calibur anymore, rather than people being put off by day 1 DLC.

Unfortunately, that may well be the same.

This seems to be a bit of a problem with fighting games. It annoyed me with Street Fighter V. I wonder just how often this kind of practice has an adverse effect on gamers, who decide not to buy these sorts of games due to how they're "managed". 

Game is no longer coming out on the same day as Battlefield V so the only other game coming out on the same day as this is the Dark Souls Remaster on Switch.

However, it comes out in the same month as Black Ops IIII and Red Dead Redemption 2 so it still will probably get overshadowed, especially with view centric Youtubers and mainstream critics turning public attention to the decision to lock a character behind DLC.

I'm a bit concerned at how many people's buying decisions are getting shaped by drama and controversy. Yes, it sucks for people who are Tira mains from the previous games having to pay extra money just to pay for her, that's certainly going to harm sales which is a massive shame. I hope it doesn't detract from the game though, according to the developer she wasn't originally planned for the game but was put in the game due to popular fan demand. The problem being is that while the producer is incredibly passionate about the game his bosses care about one thing and one thing only, making as much money as possible. Seems like that including Tira as DLC was the only way they could get her into the game, but perhaps if the only way she could get in was to be DLC, then wait until the dust has settled on the game a bit before bringing out the DLC fighters.

But nope, the bosses took some convincing to bring this franchise back and now they want to see as much return on their investment as possible.

Side note: I think a lot of the recent bad trends from Bandai Namco's side of things are more from the "Bandai" side of things as they are doing similar types of practises in the toy industry like making massive merchandise lines revolving around a collectible gimmick and then forcing people who want to collect all of said gimmick to buy absolutely everything in a series. Then having a Premium site for some things and making some items limited time only. Rinse and repeat every year.

• Like 1

Not really a fan of double posting but... this game is out next week and there hasn't been any posts for this for a while.

Anyone else getting it? I'm getting it Day 1, mainly because I think this looks like a genuinely good game regardless of all the Tira DLC controversy but... I don't know how many people here are still interested in this game. I played the Beta though and that got me really interested in this game even more so after getting my hands on it.

They had a "Ring Out" tournament yesterday which showcased much of the game. Had some good matches

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/321813530

Ivy seems a bit overpowered at the moment but there is a Day 1 patch that takes into account feedback apparently.

The game arrived today and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's been a long time since I played a SC game ( last one I played was SCIV on the 360 ) and I forgot just how fast and fluid these games are.

I fired up what looks to be the story mode and picked Geralt once the option to choose was available ( you need to play a few matches with Kilik and Maxi ). I've never played the Witcher games but I've always loved the look of his character.

There seems to be a type of mission mode in the game and I'm hoping it plays very much like the Dreamcast version.

I put some more time into the game last night and decided to go for the online trophies before more people got the game and got good at it. :p I had some great matches on it, both in casual and ranked modes, and I'm happy to see the servers are working at launch unlike when Tekken 7 was released.

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, GenericAperson said:

I'm a bit concerned at how many people's buying decisions are getting shaped by drama and controversy. Yes, it sucks for people who are Tira mains from the previous games having to pay extra money just to pay for her, that's certainly going to harm sales which is a massive shame. I hope it doesn't detract from the game though, according to the developer she wasn't originally planned for the game but was put in the game due to popular fan demand. The problem being is that while the producer is incredibly passionate about the game his bosses care about one thing and one thing only, making as much money as possible. Seems like that including Tira as DLC was the only way they could get her into the game, but perhaps if the only way she could get in was to be DLC, then wait until the dust has settled on the game a bit before bringing out the DLC fighters.

I actually do believe that.  Whilst I don't like DLC in general, this explanation does sound plausible.  I'm afraid I can't actually play Soul Calibur VI right now, but if there's a Switch version I'm in!

Put quite a substantial amount of time into the Character Creator today. Made Zeke from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Kefka from Final Fantasy VI, Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII and Xemnas and Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts.

I even had Xemnas and Marluxia face each other

Planning to make many more custom characters, including Pit from Kid Icarus and Smash Bros. Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls, Cloud, Cid and Terra from Final Fantasy, Dunban and Reyn from Xenoblade, Link and a Stalfos from Legend of Zelda and Papyrus from Undertale... along with recreating my character in Dark Souls for Libra of Souls playthrough.

Just now, GenericAperson said:

Planning to make many more custom characters

*refers to my previous post*

Don't copy H-o-T's creation.

Uploaded a few more fights to Youtube, both Final Fantasy based:

Character creation is roughly at about 16 on file now, including these two:

DqGzw_OWsAAyM_6.jpg

• Thanks 1

Some Nintendo themed custom fights, think of it as a warm up for Smash

Aside from this I've been playing Story mode and been doing everything in chronological order, so I've stopped at Chapter 8 at the main story while trying to clear everything for all the characters that comes before it. About halfway through all the side stories under this criteria and catching up with the main story fast.

Made a few more custom characters, including two Dark Souls ones:

DqQ6T_oXgAADpZ4.jpg

Also made a couple of characters from Xenoblade Chronicles:

DqREnQXWkAEces6.jpg

DqRPQtuWkAAoS90.jpg

Sign in to follow this