NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Capcom has announced Devil May Cry HD Collection, due out on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 13th March 2018.

The collection includes HD remasters of the cult classic PlayStation 2 action games Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3: Special Edition (Devil May Cry 4 and Ninja Theory's DmC are not included). Expect 60 frames per second gameplay, Capcom said

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-12-07-capcom-announces-devil-may-cry-hd-collection

Well...triple-dip it is. First the originals on PS2, then the remasters on PS3 and now for PS4. Because why the fuck not.

• Like 1

Yeaaaaah. Double/triple dip for me. I never did beat 1 or 3. 2 doesn’t exist to me.

I got furthest on 1 on the original actually instead of the HD release. 

Mega-bump! :D (I'm not even sorry)

I'm here to finally talk about Devil May Cry 3 and to thank @Hero-of-Time for pushing me to finally play it. :peace:

I definitely get it now, playing right from the start, this game feels more like Devil May Cry... well then Devil May Cry, which is in itself great but this game is off the chain! :grin:

I love everything about it, indeed it does feel like I've played it before in parts even though I know I couldn't have, at least not to the end.

Something is familiar about it though, I do remember at least trying it out on my multi-region PS2 many years ago, there's a particular area I remember as well.

Surely it's not possible that I just played some of it and a bit of Bloody Palace mode? I think I'm getting some memories of DMC4 and DMC3 mixed up which isn't right.

Anyway... I'm up to chapter 7 now I think and I've enjoyed pretty much all of it so far, I just need to start playing the game earlier, which is happening each night now.

I shall try to start at 7PM tonight and see how far I get before becoming too tired to play on, the game is also quite hard on the hands so I've been taking breaks.

(not just saying that, I think I've had some kind of circulatory condition for a while now without realising, so I wear some gloves for a bit then all is well for a while)

But yeah, aside from not finding as much time to play as I'd like, I'm still managing quite well and I intend to see this series playthrough until the end. :cool:

As an aside, the DMC3 manga is pretty decent as well, providing even more context to the backstory. (just finished reading both volumes)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2

Well, I did start playing again after 7PM tonight and I'm still playing now, although I'm still on mission 7 because I decided to go back to the start to improve my ranks and get stuff that I missed, also I got to the combat adjudicator and realised that I'm not quite good enough to get the SSS rank against it yet so...

I'm currently running up and down Skull Spire decimating the statues so that I can level up Swordmaster style, as I'd been stuck on Trickster style since the start of the game and I'd just recently maxed that out, so the grind is real right now, but I'm improving so all is well. :D

Still having fun playing the game as well, rewatching many of the cutscenes proved to be entertaining, especially after just reading the manga.

- - - - -

Annnd Swordmaster Lv2 get! now to try again and if I still can't beat the combat adjudicator then... grind to 99999! :cool:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

I couldn't beat the Mission 7 combat adjudicator, so I just carried on in the end... damn that was an epic end to that mission. :D

And then Mission 8 turned out to be an "Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly" scenario, I was glad to finish that one, now onto Mission 9 tomorrow as my hands need a break I reckon.

So many combos but I feel like I'm getting the hang of things now, I can't believe I'm only halfway through the game though.

I should make some decent progress tomorrow as I won't be able to leave the game alone now until it's finished. :peace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this