NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

The sexy brutale

Bought it like I said I would, downloading it right now.

Don't know when I'll be actually playing this though. Where's that drought?

Good purchase. Bought this myself a while back on PS4 and had an excellent time with it. Short and easy, but has some excellent gameplay and music and just looks fantastic.

Edited by Tales

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just a heads up, the port of the game looks to be a bit rough. NWR mentioned long load times and ropey framerates.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/45966/the-sexy-brutale-switch-review

May be best to see if a patch arrives for it.

I can confirm this.. Just like Oxenfree: bad framerates and incredibly long loading times. The game itself is great though, after playing the tutorial.

Did oxenfree ever he patched?

im not bothered about frame rates and dips to be honest so can’t imagine it bothering me. 

Want both when the backlog clears. 

I've just done the tutorial and the 1st proper kill.

I was concerned how fast the 1st pair took, but this next one seems a little meatier.

I've experienced some dips, seems to only happen when spying into a room though, which is unnecessary unless you know something is happening in there.

There is £5 off for a £20 PayPal spend, so think I'll enjoy this for £12.99 👍

Edited by DuD

I finished the story yesterday, so I'd like to comment on the game overall:

Like I suspected, the game itself is fantastic. The story is fantastic, the artstyle is fantastic, and the gameplay generally is. The only criticism I have against the game is that the puzzles / murder mysteries are a bit too easy. Two of them I completed even while I was just exploring and trying things out, before I realized it was already over. Despite that, it's incredibly fun. Edit: I forgot to mention the music: also fantastic.

.. If it weren't for the technical issues. The first mystery, the tutorial, play fine. But after that, the framerate ranges from "just ok" to downright terrible. I'm speaking of literal 1 frame per second framerates here. If that's not enough, you get frequent and long loading times, during gameplay, by that I mean at times you don't really expect. I mean, I can somewhat expect it if you change floors (though not really because the game isn't super detailed or anything), but you often get loading times for simply going to the next room, or using the peeking mechanic.

Currently I wouldn't recommend it for that reason, unless you have incredible patience (like I do sometimes). This is one of those games where the gameplay is not actually affected by bad framerate, but when it's bad like this it still affects my enjoyment. It's a shame, because the game itself is so full of charm, and I'd say it's a must-buy if it gets properly patched.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

Have you got all the cards and invitations? 

I'll second everything smeagol has said, but the frame drops really don't bother me. The loads are random and can be annoying. I would definitely still recommend picking this up though. It's charming and immersive. 

Edited by DuD

I'm reviewing it soon but similar. If you're not terribly impatient it's a lot of fun, but I'd understand if you wait for a (hopeful) patch.

That's a shame about the load times and frame rates, hopefully they'll improve them with a patch at some point.

I messaged them on Facebook, they say they're working on a patch.

I'll have to message the guys from Oxenfree as well.

My game updated a couple of nights ago, not sure what changed though

Tequila Works should be ashamed of themselves. This game runs so unbelievably bad I'm tempted to just put it down. The 10fps and load times between rooms are just terrible. And this is three or four patches in. I dread to think what the release version was like. 

I bought it and didn’t experience any technical issues that distracted me from the game. On the other hand the game didn’t exactly lure me in either but that had more to do with both the gameplay, the story and the art style. None of these clicked with me.

Sign in to follow this