NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Mega Man 11 (2018)

Hot diggity damn! That looks GREAT! :D Showing Mighty No 9 how it’s done!

I don’t expect it to be as good as MM9, but if we can get something at least as good as MM10, I’ll be happy.  Wonder if it’s Inticreates at the helm again...

There has to be a catch though... surely...

Not quite what I wanted (I want 8-bit graphics), but hey, I'll gladly take it.

9 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Not quite what I wanted (I want 8-bit graphics), but hey, I'll gladly take it.

I would've like that too, but I'm ok with good looking 3D here.  They have kind of already used that trick twice before, so I'm ok with them taking a different approach.

They've captured the spirit of the NES art in 3D quite nicely here :) 

Just now, Dcubed said:

I would've like that too, but I'm ok with good looking 3D here.  They have kind of already used that trick twice before, so I'm ok with them taking a different approach.

They've captured the spirit of the NES art in 3D quite nicely here :) 

Well, except it's not a trick as most of the games looked like that, it's part of the charm, and I don't need to tell you there's a market for pixel loving gamers on the Switch. I mean, there's Mighty Gunvolt Burst, which is just as essential for mega Man fans. If a new direction was "necessary", I'd have preferred hand-drawn animation (a lá Wonderboy). Regardless, the gameplay looks classic and fun, so I'm all in.

I was kind of hoping for 8-bit graphics too. Oh well, will probably get this anyway. 

Since they already did two recent-ish Mega Man games with 8-bit graphics ( 9 and 10), I'm glad they are not going for an 8-bit look again. I would have preferred 16-bit era graphics but I like the way it looks.

Edited by Helmsly

Well, what a timing. I'm pretty much done with Megaman Legacy Collection (missing only the last, most difficult challenge), so this is a nice way to cap off the year. 3D is odd and all, but it can be done well.

Looks pretty good, and certainly seems to play like classic Mega Man. Not sold on the art style but at least it isn't anywhere near as ugly as Mighty n9.

Is it just me or is that Mega Man design quite close to how he looks in Smash? Obvious height difference aside.

250px-Mega_Man_SSB4.png

I'm thinking they added the rivets and paneled style.

Not really keen on the incessant voices, and Mega Man's jump animation looks proper dodge, but the rest all looks pretty good! Love the look of VFX Slow the Double Gear! :D 

New Amiibo doesn't look as good as the Smash one, that one was pretty much perfect, this one looks a bit too Happy Meal for my liking...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Mega Man's jump animation looks proper dodge

To be fair it was always pretty weird. I mean who jumps like this

mega-man-8-bit-megaman-jump-vinyl-wall-d

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It will be interesting to see if Capcom will release this on a cart over here or will they continue to screw over EU gamers and just release it digitally?

58 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It will be interesting to see if Capcom will release this on a cart over here or will they continue to screw over EU gamers and just release it digitally?

Suspect they won't in this case. Street Fighter 30th anniversary got a physical release. Mega Man should be high profile enough to get one as well then.

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Considering that Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is $40 in the US and £45 in the UK? I wouldn’t go assuming that...

Huh, that is odd.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to potentially mislead anyone. I wasn’t aware of the SFAC pricing, nor Capcom tax :p seriously though, what’s up with us paying considerably more, at least when one considers current exchange rates?

I know that the £ has been somewhat volatile since the Brexit vote, but still, it’s been on the rise as of late. At current exchange rates, we’d effectively be paying 50% more than them for SFAC at those price points ::shrug: definitely seems like Capcom taking advantage of the situation.

Well, RRP for Sushi Striker is £39,99 in the UK but €49,99 in the rest of Europe.

Hope these are both mistakes...

Reaction seems pretty positive so far. The animations look really nice. Nifty touch that Mega Man's whole outfit changes when he equips new powers

On 29/05/2018 at 7:13 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

On 29/05/2018 at 8:13 PM, Sméagol said:

Suspect they won't in this case. Street Fighter 30th anniversary got a physical release. Mega Man should be high profile enough to get one as well then.

<sigh>

https://nintendoeverything.com/mega-man-11-only-releasing-digitally-in-europe-no-announcement-on-new-amiibo/

I'm importing this.

Edit: And I'm sending any import duties straight to Capcom EU.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I'm importing this.

Edit: And I'm sending any import duties straight to Capcom EU.

Guess i'll be importing as well. Capcom really hate the EU market, don't they? :( 

Wow! Fuck you Capcpom!

That's low.  That's seriously low! Even SF 30th Anniversary got a physical release!

Best just assume that Capcom are giving up on the Switch EU market for physical games altogether unless published by Nintendo.

Sign in to follow this