NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

2018 Wishlist

With an amazing first year (or nine months) of Switch and many big franchises already out, what games would you like to see in 2018?

I'd love to see a Mario Party title as the console is a multiplayer machine, although I'd like it stripped down and basically be a HD N64 version with some added Joy-Con functionality.

A Wario Ware game would be well received by me.

Maybe a Super Monkey Ball using the Switch as a tilt table thingy?

A Mario/Star Wars crossover game.

Animal Crossing Switch obvs.

• Like 1

I’d love to at least see some of the Pokémon core series game for the Switch. I’m really intrigued by how they could shake up the franchise for the better (though I’m sure some here might be happy with more of the same). 

Will we get total control of the camera? Are in-depth customisation options available from the game’s start when creating our character? Have they decided to strip back the game and focus on the core aspects of a JRPG, considering that this is easily the most accessible and most well known JRPG franchise: story and game mechanics?

My list of questions is endless, so I’d love to learn some more and hopefully see the game by the end of 2018, even if it isn’t ready for release! :D

A first party racing game that isn't Mario Kart. F-Zero, 1080, Wave Race, Excitebike and Diddy Kong Racing could all do with a new series entry.

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 1

It's going to be a massive ask for them to keep up the momentum that they've had the end of this year.  So at the minute I'm fully expecting a disappointing six months or so.

I hope that we'll see another new IP from Nintendo but I suspect Arms might have been our only one for now.  I also hope that they delve into their back catalogue in attempt to keep things fresh.  Advance Wars, Sin & Punishment, Excite, The Last Story, etc.

I think we're likely to get ports from the Wii U to boost their releases.  Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101 and Super Smash Bros.

I don’t think it is a huge task personally. Presuming some smaller titles creep their way in. I think the one a month pretty much is perfect; though time itn’s little better then the Arms Splatoon releases which killed Arms a little. 

Theres a difference of what I think and want too; I want new f zero/wave race/excite bike, advance wars, their sports titles etc. Might get a couple. 

Something like this is possible 

February - Donkey Kong Countey Returns Double Pack

March - Kirby 

April - Bayonetta 1 + 2, w101 pack

May - online service. Super smash Bros. 

June - Yoshi

July - Pikmin 4

August - Animal Crossing + Mario Strikers

September - Fire Emblem + bayonetta 3

october - Pokemon + Wave Race

November - Retros Action adventure game

Alchemic Dungeons 2 that lets you build up weapon/armour sets between levels.

Dragon Quest XI in the West.

Metroid Prime 4 released.

A new Shantae that's more in the spirit of the 2nd and 3rd games.

Animal Crossing Switch.

14 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

And I thought Mario + Rabbids was a strange crossover!

Personally there's no Wii U games I'd want to see repeated, because I would have already purchased them.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

I don’t think it is a huge task personally. Presuming some smaller titles creep their way in. I think the one a month pretty much is perfect; though time itn’s little better then the Arms Splatoon releases which killed Arms a little. 

Theres a difference of what I think and want too; I want new f zero/wave race/excite bike, advance wars, their sports titles etc. Might get a couple. 

Something like this is possible 

February - Donkey Kong Countey Returns Double Pack

March - Kirby 

April - Bayonetta 1 + 2, w101 pack

May - online service. Super smash Bros. 

June - Yoshi

July - Pikmin 4

November - Retros Action adventure game

I think doubling up on big games in August-October is unlikely, and probably not the smartest thing to do anyway, but otherwise I can see the rest of the schedule happening. First party + Re-releases + the occasional third party like Octopath Traveller + Indies.

If Nintendo are ordering 25-30 million Switches for next FY they must be confident...

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I think doubling up on big games in August-October is unlikely, and probably not the smartest thing to do anyway, but otherwise I can see the rest of the schedule happening. First party + Re-releases + the occasional third party like Octopath Traveller + Indies.

If Nintendo are ordering 25-30 million Switches for next FY they must be confident...

I did tho k it was a bit much, but i really want those games, and if it’s as successful as Nintendo hope they’ll need the software. Imagine this, massive virtual console, loads ofnindies every week still and a massively increased third party support 

I agree with a lot of what dazzy has posted, I think a Donkey Kong double pack of Returns & Tropical Freeze early in the year would be a great choice and something they could announce and release within a very short window. My one prediction to add is that I think we'll see quite a quick turnaround between announcement and release for a lot of games, it seems to be a tactic Nintendo are very keen on now so Metroid is nailed on coming out in Autumn 2018.

Metroid Prime 4, Pikmin 4, Smash Bros, Waverace.

New IPs and more 3rd Party Games!

Basically what @Kav wants.

This is the year Nintendo might convince me to get a Switch. So far there are only two games i want to play (Odyssey and Xenoblade 2) so not nearly enough to spend money on a console.

If Metroid Prime 4, Smash Bros. and many more new IPs are ready for 2018 I might get a Switch for Christmas. And for fuck's sake, Nintendo, give us a new F-Zero.

• Like 1

Specific ones for me would be a proper new Animal Crossing game for Switch and an Ace Attorney game (maybe getting the old games re-released as well). Other than those I'll just see what comes along.

20 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Specific ones for me would be a proper new Animal Crossing game for Switch and an Ace Attorney game (maybe getting the old games re-released as well). Other than those I'll just see what comes along.

Well, Ace Attorney has been announced so there's that at least. :) Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/capcom_to_bring_increased_support_and_ace_attorney_to_switch_in_2018

A sequel to WarioWare D.I.Y. is right at the very top of my wishlist. I absolutely adore that game/creation tool, so seeing it return on Switch would be amazing. Would be nice to see Super Mario Maker make the Switch too, either a straight up port of the Wii U version or brand new one. And staying with the creative theme I’d still love for Nintendo to revisit Wii Music at some point, highly unlikely I know, but with a few tweaks and a much bigger and better track list I really believe it could be great.

Other games for my wishlist would be Switch versions of nintendogs + catsPilotwingsAnimal CrossingF-Zero, Jam with the Band, and Tingle’s Rupeeland:D

And if there’s no Mario Kart 9 in the works, then some new DLC for MK8DX! :cool:

Layton and Ace Attorney bundle, new Pokemon core game, Smash, Kid Icarus, Wario Ware, Mario Strikers, Mario Party, 'Wii Sports', F Zero, Prime 4, Donkey Kong, Captain Toad, Advance/Battalion Wars, Wave Race, DKR, Excite Truck/Bots/Bike, Hotel Dusk, Dillon, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Maker, Tingle and Eternal Darkness would be enough for me ;)

• Haha 1

Biggest thing I want is for Nintendo to come out swinging with the Virtual Console on Switch throughout next year.  An extensive selection of NES, SNES & N64 games (at least everything that is on the NES/SNES Mini - ideally everything that is on the Wii U within the first year, but that's just a pipe dream), a decent selection of GCN/Wii VC games (GCN Controller adapter support, physical Wiimote/Chuck support/Joy-con emulation of the Wiimote/Chuck, full GBA/GCN adapter emulation via multiple Switches etc), GB/GBC/GBA/DS/3DS VC emulation (Ok, the latter-most one is again a bit of a pipe dream, but you asked for a wishlist here!), with no expenses spared (Link cable/GBC IR port/DS Wireless support, Official Capacitive Stylus for DS emulation etc).  HD up-resing for N64/GCN/Wii games as an option too! I want and expect it all.

No excuses, no compromises.  No missing features (the lack of multiplayer support for Nintendo's portables on past VC services, outside of the mainline Pokemon games, was absolutely criminal!) The hardware is capable of a no-compromises experience and I am willing to pay the money for an no-compromises experience, Nintendo just need to put the effort in.

Then maybe special edition retro joy-cons or reissued classic controllers to go along with it.

Then Earthbound Endings/Mother 3.

I don't ask for much.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Tonight I dreamed that Nintendo finally released the Fire Emblem Tellius games on the VC. So, that. That's what I want. Not for me (since I can still play them), but for the entire FE community.

Also, Mole Mania revival. We all want it, even the ones who have no idea what I'm talking about.

But to be honest, if they ported F-Zero GX to the Switch, only adding online multiplayer in the process, I'd buy the system and pre-order two copies.

On 04/12/2017 at 12:55 PM, markderoos said:

Tingle and Eternal Darkness

Oh, and a game with this title.

• Haha 5

A new Excite Truck or Bots! Smash Bros WiiU on Switch with DLC and a couple new characters (Yooka-Laylee and K.Rool would be killer)

a new proper Animal Crossing game!

Those are my optimistic but realistic hopes. Now, my pipe dreams:

HD Mario 64 either as DLC levels for Odyssey or its own game. 

Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch port with announcement of a sequel.

Diddy Kong Racing 2.

Wario Ware Switch

Donkey Kong Returns 3 with K.Rool and the Kremlin’s back

Yoshi’s Touch n Go HD

Elite Beat Agents 2

Third parties:

Super Monkey Ball 1+2 HD 

Sonic and all-stars Racing Transformed 2

Viewtiful Joe 3

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg 2 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d like to see a new Wave Race and F-Zero as it has been far too long since there was a new game in either franchise, but most importantly I want to know what Retro have been working on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this